ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150625

Hello Survivors,

today's Experimental update aims to provide some fixes to the current version. The Server files have received an update as well.

Please verify your game files before playing the new update (including your User Data), and report all bugs you encounter to https://feedback.bistudio.com/.

Patchnotes

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash caused by a bear trap
  • Fixed: Client error pops up upon inventory manipulation while sitting in a vehicle
  • Fixed: Client error while using the rangefinder
  • Fixed: Zombies can run through the closed doors of a garage
  • Fixed: Players are not able to see their own chat messages
  • Fixed: It is not possible to drink from ponds
  • Fixed: Leaving ladders on the half-way platform can create a stuck character - reported by T136605
  • Fixed: Ruined improvised suppressors still suppress the fire
  • Fixed: Car battery attached to Zenit broadcaster becomes invisible after reconnect
  • Fixed: Sorting symbols can be reversed (server browser)
  • Fixed: Removed the cause of the game minimizing when using volume keys on a keyboard and similar issues

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Server performance improvements (shooting sound effects are not performed on a server)
  • Tweaked: Inventory performance updates (in general and specific situations such as opening the inventory with multiple items in vicinity)
  • Tweaked: Long torch uses pipe attack animations now

KNOWN ISSUES

• some servers will be displayed more than once in the server browser

Notes

• Beans 10

- Fixed : Zombies can run through the closed doors of a garage.

What about regular houses? Sometimes the infected are coming in through the wall.

• Like 1

Inventory FPS is awesome, thank you. 

7165B3856B292553EB660AB38AE2EB6E27C8ED64

I could scroll through this beside the truck and even double click grab stuff again.

I also appreciate getting the server files at the same time as the client. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AXEL777 said:

game crashes in windows 7 x64  don't fixed

I'm running Windows 7 x64 on my server and client no problem, might be a bit deeper configuration issue than just your OS.

• Beans 1

8 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I'm running Windows 7 x64 on my server and client no problem, might be a bit deeper configuration issue than just your OS.

can't be:
https://i110.fastpic.ru/big/2019/0219/a1/_7c42daf93d8357ac5a952d91c6eda7a1.png
fresh installing game with clearning all configs game files

in logs:

https://i110.fastpic.ru/big/2019/0219/53/8fc4be7684c33f423b75e9f4145fb853.png

This file don't exist in game folder:

951bf49c31f8c4a82e1e2e17b7d5a9ec.png

This reported again in ticket T137105, existed in stable version game, but worked normal in 1.0.150192 version.

Edited by AXEL777

16 minutes ago, AXEL777 said:

can't be:
https://i110.fastpic.ru/big/2019/0219/a1/_7c42daf93d8357ac5a952d91c6eda7a1.png
fresh installing game with clearning all configs game files

in logs:

https://i110.fastpic.ru/big/2019/0219/53/8fc4be7684c33f423b75e9f4145fb853.png

This file don't exist in game folder:

951bf49c31f8c4a82e1e2e17b7d5a9ec.png

This reported again in ticket T137105, existed in stable version game, but worked normal in 1.0.150192 version.

Silly question, did you validate your game data?

I try to avoid re-downloading the whole game if I can, it is recommended after a patch in most notes anyways, I don't always do it like today but if I end up having a problem like that it usually fixes it?

40 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Silly question, did you validate your game data?

I try to avoid re-downloading the whole game if I can, it is recommended after a patch in most notes anyways, I don't always do it like today but if I end up having a problem like that it usually fixes it?

yes, this don't help me

- Tweaked: Server performance improvements (shooting sound effects are not performed on a server)

Is this why i didn't hear the gunshot when i was shot and killed from 5 meters away? It was a shot from a single shot rifle inside a house.

Fantastic job guys. I love this new style you're doing. @eugenharton wasn't kidding when he said one of the major things for 2019 was gonna be "Underpromise and Overdeliver". You didn't say much and then you announced the february patch and it hit right in the beginning of february and it is AWESOME. Now you're doing an experimental update addressing all the important issues directly at hand. The game becomes exponentially more stable with each update. Keep on going, you're doing great!!

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

34 minutes ago, Griev said:

is this going to need a server wipe?

Need?

I've run it with DB files back to 1.0 today and it worked.

Guys can we have cars spawning fully operational, and also fixed after server restart (just like in mod) until there will be more vehicles and more stable? Give us some fun without frustration of loosing few hours restoration work in 10s caused by server lag and/or buggy physics.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

12 hours ago, AXEL777 said:

game crashes in windows 7 x64  don't fixed

I'll report you for using windows 7 man

22 minutes ago, jezykkk said:

Guys can we have cars spawning fully operational, and also fixed after server restart (just like in mod) until there will be more vehicles and more stable? Give us some fun without frustration of loosing few hours restoration work in 10s caused by server lag and/or buggy physics.

I agree, or at least have them spawning with the majority of parts. Also, a lot of the parts a crazy amount of time and travelling to find. By the time you found that bloody spark plug you've ran around the entire map twice. Can we please get the spawn rates for these items way up? I don't think cars should be an end-game task (that should be base-building) - but for realism's sake - nor do I think it should be so easy that every gets a car.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jezykkk said:

This! 1+

38 minutes ago, Black G-Sus said:

This! 1+

This +1 and a Can of Beans

• Like 1

1.Binoculars aren't working when held and left click to look thru, same for;
PS01 Scope
Hunting scope
Range Finder
I saw; https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137102 however its more items affected than stated in that ticket.

2.Cannot open Tuna again on official server.
I can open intermittently on my community EXP test server. Not every time.

3.Field Transceiver (Base Radio) looks like this; 

Still testing atm. Server performance is looking good, no lag with inventory. 

• Like 1

Were there any changes made to vehicles?

I was driving yesterday and noticed I was using 2nd and 3rd in town and able to accelerate up some hills in gears other than 1st which I'm pretty sure I couldn't before?

The game seems to have a traction modifier for surfaces as in different road/ground textures have different resistance and friction values. Anything 2 lane seems to work pretty good but when you get into the single lane paved surfaces it's like there's grease on the road or even feels like you hit thick mud or snow. Seems heavy handed the change between the surfaces, there's even a few spots of "high way" where you'll encounter a patch that slows you from say 80kmh to 60kmh in and instant like you drove through a patch of superglue.

**edit** I've been driving a lot the last week because closed server no one stealing my car, I have and under 50ms ping and the experience has been 99% fantastic. My server is a old laptop but is handling one player fine even in a few scenarios where I ramped up event spawners and infected numbers. The one percent bad has been someone else in the house connecting to the wifi which is expected, the other is random event spawns and "hard to place" errors, not sure how a real server handles those events. I can see my server screen out of the corner of my eye when my car desyncs and it's always latency or a spawner making the car do the dumb stuff that causes you to wipe out if it happens at speed.

I don't know that internet players are ever going to have a bullet proof vehicle experience being dependant on all the infrastructure between them and the server. 

Edited by BCBasher