Sign in to follow this  
carmelo henry

cars still flip and you die

Cars still no good i got everything i needed for it when i jumped in the car it was going crazy then fliped and i was dead..it seem to bug out in the grass

• Beans 2

Been killed twice in a row* by this bug, that was after being killed 3 times in a row by the bug regarding not being able to swap out melee weapons. That, combined, is about 5 hours of gameplay. Both of these things are fundamental to the game, the fact that these bugs exist in a 1.0 (1.01) stable branch release is really poor. As a developer myself I always give the benefit of doubt when it comes to bug identifying and testing but things like this are a real black mark against a game that really can't take the added weight of even more game breaking issues.

* You might think that twice falling for the bug is daft and it is, but I didn't realise that was the bug until I googled it. I had thought someone might have planted a landmine near the car as a "fun joke". Turns out the joke was being played by Bohemia, not other players...

Edited by rickyriot
  • Like 1

How are you dying to cars like that?  The 'flipping out' is a client side visual for me 99% of the time.  I've probably assemble 40 to 50 cars since 1.0 has been released and haven't died yet.  If the car starts acting weird, I usually put it in neutral and hold the brake until it's calm, then continue on.

37 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

I had thought someone might have planted a landmine near the car as a "fun joke

For the longest time, you could get in a ADA and drive over landmines and there would be no physics interaction at all.  Not sure about the very latest build, but cars were definitely NOT flying up into the air after running over a landmine, in my experience.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

How are you dying to cars like that? 

For me it was the exact same situation. See a car, it doesn't have all the components. I get inside as I believe that is how you can tell what's missing - I could be wrong with that, I honestly don't know because looking around I see no "see car state" option so it seemed like the next obvious thing - and it hits me with instant death. I know what it is, it's a bug relating to the positioning of the cars as to resolve it you take off a wheel then replace it again and the car "resets" it's position allowing you to enter without dying. I only know this after doing a google after the second time - as I say the first time I thought I had fallen foul of a boobytrapped car (if that is possible, but then if it is you just know someone will do that to f**k with others! In many ways I wouldn't mind that if it was both noticeable and you can disarm the trap).

Even if getting into the car isn't the way to determine it's damage status, perhaps it's more nuanced in that you visually need to see what's missing (ie: car won't run, open bonnet/hood and see visually there isn't a spark plug - and if that is the way to do it then I applaud the nod towards realism), the very fact of getting into a vehicle even if it's not working shouldn't instakill you.

I will add that it's been hatchbacks that have killed me on both occasions so I can't comment on other vehicles. I'll be honest and say I've not seen any vehicles other than them.

Ultimately the most frustrating element is that you realise what a bonus finding a vehicle is. You'll spot it evaluating it's rough visual state, give it some time to check nobody is camping it, then work out if you have enough carrying capacity for the parts as well as whether those parts are likely to be lootable close by or maybe you'll go looking for stashes buried in case the car was running and when someone went to log out they removed and buried the "useful bits". It's only after maybe 5 minutes getting all excited, doing the maths only to have it cruelly snatched out of your hand by a bug.

Edited by rickyriot

1 hour ago, rickyriot said:

For me it was the exact same situation. See a car, it doesn't have all the components. I get inside as I believe that is how you can tell what's missing - I could be wrong with that, I honestly don't know because looking around I see no "see car state" option so it seemed like the next obvious thing - and it hits me with instant death

Stand next to the car. 

Press inventory (tab). 

Prepare to be amazed.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, eno said:

Stand next to the car. 

Press inventory (tab). 

Prepare to be amazed.

Ta.

Seems obvious when you think of it.

I see a small update dropped, perhaps that's solved it.