XFileGunner88

Base builders off limits Truce

If you guys see someone hammering some nails w a hatchet, do you really have to come up on them and KOS? 

Also KOS new spawns is BS. Come on guys. It’s hard enough to survive when fully geared. 

Do what’s right. Make sure the game stays fun and enjoyable for everyone. You don’t score points for new spawn kills or killing base builders. 

Mid anything let the person finish base and then try and loot it later when they are done. Not while building. Don’t be a dick

thanks

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, XFileGunner88 said:

It’s hard enough to survive when fully geared. 

Surviving is easy. Doesn't matter if you're geared or not. 

1 hour ago, XFileGunner88 said:

Do what’s right. Make sure the game stays fun and enjoyable for everyone. 

Fun is subjective. 

That's Day Z for ya. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never killed a base build guy yet ( when he is working ), but thats just a strat u CAN do. Sure, its not the "British" way in terms of manner, but this is still DayZ. Everyone still decides how they play DayZ. 

I like to be a good guy, but i can be bad one too. Decisions makes DayZ fun for me. Good ones... and also bad ones

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Surviving is easy. Doesn't matter if you're geared or not. 

Fun is subjective. 

While survival might be easy for you, it also can be difficult for others. Your idea of difficulty is subjective

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tbf surviving is way too easy at the current state of the game. you shouldn't start with a knife or food at all like it used to be. make the first 10 minutes of gameplay exciting again! food is way too easy to come by. would like to play on a real harcore server where you might have to eat your friends.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

I'm a friendly player generally, but it would be a pretty boring game if everyone was friendly. Keeps you on your toes knowing that someone could be hunting you and it makes those friendly encounters all the more rewarding. Otherwise it would be like a women's institute meeting

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Otherwise it would be like a women's institute meeting

Fire analogy for postmodern western civilization as it stands today 

8 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I'm a friendly player generally, but it would be a pretty boring game if everyone was friendly. Keeps you on your toes knowing that someone could be hunting you and it makes those friendly encounters all the more rewarding. Otherwise it would be like a women's institute meeting

I’m not saying to always be friendly. I’m just saying if there’s a guy, solo, building a base, WHY KOS? I was just minding my business building a base and pop pop pop “You’re dead”. My pack hand food, drinks and nails. I had a U70 w 1 clip, holstered

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, XFileGunner88 said:

I’m not saying to always be friendly. I’m just saying if there’s a guy, solo, building a base, WHY KOS? I was just minding my business building a base and pop pop pop “You’re dead”. My pack hand food, drinks and nails. I had a U70 w 1 clip, holstered

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I was on a field skinning a deer when someone ran up to me and shot me. They could have held me up or just left me to it but instead I had a trip to the sea side. Hey ho

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XFileGunner88 said:

Those scenarios are pretty weak. Although, the alternative could be worse. 

Imagine, instead of killing you, he walked up and held you at gun point and removed your gear. Then told you once you’re done building HIS house, to tend to the garden until he deems you worthy to eat..

It might seem fun at first, though after some time, a shot to the head may have been preferred.

Of course, I am with you in the sense that it seems many are missing some great opportunities to have some fun, instead of just kos.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 5:29 AM, XFileGunner88 said:

I had a U70 w 1 clip, holstered

You had a gun. That's all that is needed to be a threat. Back turned or not.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Ryan JG said:

You had a gun. That's all that is needed to be a threat. Back turned or not.

In a way this is correct, but I don't think this is a valid reason to shoot at other players when spotted, I tend to try and get some communication going, that usually de-escalates the "Oh shit, player/s that might be after my gear".

A while ago happened to walk up on another player that was looting a house, he had a KAM on his shoulder and his back was towards the front of the house "all windows" so, when I said hello, he said "Oh shit", turned and then had a BK-133 in his hands but once I had let him know that I was friendly, he was ok, not saying that this is always the case, but most of the time when I let them know in friendly there were no issues 👍

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 3:32 AM, nikoor said:

tbf surviving is way too easy at the current state of the game. you shouldn't start with a knife or food at all like it used to be. make the first 10 minutes of gameplay exciting again! food is way too easy to come by. would like to play on a real harcore server where you might have to eat your friends.

u sick bastard 😉

DayZ HAS TO HAVE KILLERS, untrustworthy players, liars, turncoats, bandits, tricksters, as well as nice folk - If there were no killers, we'd have to rely on NPCs for stress .. and no AI has ever been made that can do the totally UNEXPECTED stuff that a human player can come out with (that's one good reason we play multi-user online, right? - for totally unpredictable HUMAN interaction ) and no player has been freaked out furious or stressed or gone crazy mad because an AI shot him or ate him.. the only complaints about AI (zombs) is that they are not consistent or glitchy, or not MEAN enough or TOO EASY .. no one ever starts a thread to complain that they were KoSed fair and square by a ZOMB when they weren't paying attention.

- Hey folks DayZ is AFTER the complete collapse of civilization.. NO RULES, NO LAW.  There are =WOW=  cannibals with guns around.. y'know? - Mad Max had it Easy .. check your six .. don't believe what that wandering stranger tells you .. keep an eye on the treeline .. inattention brings death ..

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2019 at 3:25 AM, bandito6000 said:

While survival might be easy for you, it also can be difficult for others. Your idea of difficulty is subjective

Ever sense they gave you food and drink with a stone knife and decreased the water food burn off its extremely easy to survive.  Drinking the pop alone will give you 2 hours to find more food before you even start seeing red on the indicator. 

I will argue that drinking a pop alone will not give you two hours to find more food I see red quite often on my food and water and I eat and drink often, maybe I have no concept of time though ? I'll have to time how long it takes me to get to death state from fresh spawn and a pop after that.  back on topic I was exploring last night with my character about 30 hrs old real time play, fully geared half a car on my person headed back to drive to my base after puttign car together . tabbed out for 1second to look at map tabbed back and dead, some clown shot me with a full auto as my homies were just dowwn the trail and heard it. he full looted me nothing was left at my body 😞 RIP  They continued on but were now two wheels and a batt and spark plug short of a car. I ran back as a bambie with a knife as fast as i could . But it was far and the guy was long gone by the time I got back

Edited by survivorist

On 3/7/2019 at 4:15 PM, TahoeBeast said:

Ever sense they gave you food and drink with a stone knife and decreased the water food burn off its extremely easy to survive.  Drinking the pop alone will give you 2 hours to find more food before you even start seeing red on the indicator. 

Sure, assuming you manage to avoid zombies in groups of more than 2 or 3 and idiots that get their jollies from killing fresh spawns.  I would prefer to see character spawning ANYWHERE on the map and not just on the coast. 

• Like 1

I agree with the second part, i think killing freshies is stupid, do you need to kill unarmed players to gratify yourself? Id rather kill the dude whose super geared A. Because i can loot him B. Because it feels much more like an accomplishment, if you slaughter fresh spawns and hide or rune from geared players your bad, and a coward...period

I don’t know, I’ve bounced back and forth in regards to the way some have chosen to play the game. When I first started playing I was very much on team “for fucks sakes can I just live” but it’s because of the encounters with Kos’ers that I learned to be more alert, wary of strangers and more importantly, that there is more real estate than just the coast that can be fun to play on or in. 

This of course lead to a more nomadic “avoid everyone” sort of play style at first which then made me yearn for more action because the game can get real tedious always flying solo. Plenty of times I found myself wondering what was the point of me gathering up this weaponry and these supplies if I avoid their uses.

This then lead to wanting to mix it up more but by that time the duping had gotten way past out of control to the point where everyone seemed kitted to the teeth which meant little to no interaction with others and just a bunch of pvp. This again made me yearn for the “can I just live” days but, now I think I’ve found a good balance. I’m still very nomadic in ways but I do occasionally attempt interaction and it’s 50/50 in regards to the results of said interaction which is a good balance.

I find myself now running towards the distant gun shots rather than away. I hunt to break up the monotony when no one is around, I’ve given up my pursuit of M4’s , Ak’s and VSD’s in favor of the SKS or the CR with scope, a hunting knife, a pipe and some sort of small secondary weapon which means I no longer need the big backpacks to carry a bunch of magazines and I avoid wearing military gear in favor of hunting gear as people seem more relaxed when you look like you’d rather take down a buck over a player. 

Ive also indulged in a bit of deviousness on occasion and sniped players from a distance. 

I find that there is fun to be had from all play styles and therefore it makes the game exciting because you never know who has chosen to play which type of way.