nikoor

Lack of HC players

The 3 HC servers on Europe are hardly ever medium not to mention high pop. At the next wipe please consider taking one of the NL HC servers down to increase the player count. Don't think anyone would mind, quite the opposite. I prefer them over the 3rd person anytime and would like to see more populated servers rather than 3 easy low pop for server hoppers and dupers. A game that I used to like lost their 1st person players...

Edited by nikoor

Come to the US ones. They are high pop during the busy hours of the day and also on weekends. Theres always one high pop hc server. On one server there is a huge clan with like 20 people with their base on the west edge of the map. Almost got killed by them when waving my hand being friendly with my guns put away.

Yeah it's a shame there's not more hc people 

Which server was the huge base at?

So many 3rd person corner peaking girliemen 

11 hours ago, nhow7108 said:

Come to the US ones. They are high pop during the busy hours of the day and also on weekends. Theres always one high pop hc server. On one server there is a huge clan with like 20 people with their base on the west edge of the map. Almost got killed by them when waving my hand being friendly with my guns put away.

well until they dry out complete I'd rather stay. not very keen to have a 3x higher ping. some say it's the same but it's not. we really don't need 3 HC servers. 

*fun fact: while I waited for my friend to meet me at pavlovo mb (15-20min), >20 players duped/hopped the server in that time. I knew it was bad but this bad hah.

i’ve pretty much started trying to play on the US HC servers exclusively. They’re not as full usually as some servers but I like the fact that everyone is put on the same playing field equally with no 3rd person peeking over walls or around corners, and you don’t get the advantage of the full 360° behind camera so it makes playing a bit more dangerous. The few encounters i’ve had on the HC servers I’ve noticed that other players are a bit more cautious and have had ZERO attempts at KOS, people are more willing to talk and be friendly.

last night/this morning I had literally spawned in Stary Sobor in a low pop with only about 5 people on the server, walked out of my house and immediately saw another player right down the road. we both had some decent military gear, we waved and he began to backpedal and move back down the road. I got scared for a bit as he kind of obscured behind a bush and tree and wasn’t sure if he was going to line up to shoot, a moment later his buddy comes from around the side of a building. Holy crap my heart was racing, was I about to get gunned down? What were the chances of being in a server of only 5 or 6 and immediately being in the presence of two other players in the whole map!? They ended up approaching, we talked for a while in the street, they were building a base gathering supplies and needing nails and a hammer, I was attempting to rebuild a car and looking for parts. I traded them a M4 with a full mag for a car battery, we exchanged names in case we ended up running across each other again. Everyone lived. Good shit.

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, wh1skey_ said:

i’ve pretty much started trying to play on the US HC servers exclusively. They’re not as full usually as some servers but I like the fact that everyone is put on the same playing field equally with no 3rd person peeking over walls or around corners, and you don’t get the advantage of the full 360° behind camera so it makes playing a bit more dangerous. The few encounters i’ve had on the HC servers I’ve noticed that other players are a bit more cautious and have had ZERO attempts at KOS, people are more willing to talk and be friendly.

last night/this morning I had literally spawned in Stary Sobor in a low pop with only about 5 people on the server, walked out of my house and immediately saw another player right down the road. we both had some decent military gear, we waved and he began to backpedal and move back down the road. I got scared for a bit as he kind of obscured behind a bush and tree and wasn’t sure if he was going to line up to shoot, a moment later his buddy comes from around the side of a building. Holy crap my heart was racing, was I about to get gunned down? What were the chances of being in a server of only 5 or 6 and immediately being in the presence of two other players in the whole map!? They ended up approaching, we talked for a while in the street, they were building a base gathering supplies and needing nails and a hammer, I was attempting to rebuild a car and looking for parts. I traded them a M4 with a full mag for a car battery, we exchanged names in case we ended up running across each other again. Everyone lived. Good shit.

Nice story, glad it worked out.

Personally, I find those who play HC are more geared to seeking an immersive experience over mindlessly kos.

It seems, at times, to be an almost RP mindset. Where having dynamic encounters with others is more enjoyable than killing for the sake of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

Nice story, glad it worked out.

Personally, I find those who play HC are more geared to seeking an immersive experience over mindlessly kos.

It seems, at times, to be an almost RP mindset. Where having dynamic encounters with others is more enjoyable than killing for the sake of it.

Same thing happened to me last night! Only about 6 on the server with me. Spawned in up North in CBET and sure enough I saw two fully geared players hovering around the giant garage at the Extreme North. Approached them to say hello, with guns holstered. One of them noticed me and must have scared the dayzlights outta him because he immediately started firing in my direction. Missed every shot. I shot back and hit them both. They retreated into the garage and locked themselves in. I didn't bother unlocking it. Just fired at the door and kept on my way. I wonder how long they hid in that garage for until coming out hahaha.

• Haha 1

On one of the US HC servers last night. Heard shots near western tents. Found a stashed car near zelo and now  in cherno. Going to hunt dupers. 

Found a tent near balota with loads of stacked items in it so took my time to empty contents onto ground so it would despawn. Disembled the tent.

Found another tent 20 mins before that had a mix of items that didn't appear duped so left that alone and stashed a spare PU scope in it to be nice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

On one of the US HC servers last night. Heard shots near western tents. Found a stashed car near zelo and now  in cherno. Going to hunt dupers. 

Found a tent near balota with loads of stacked items in it so took my time to empty contents onto ground so it would despawn. Disembled the tent.

Found another tent 20 mins before that had a mix of items that didn't appear duped so left that alone and stashed a spare PU scope in it to be nice.

Nice one, I also came across someones stash today, some barrels with random gear in it and one "damaged" M4 with no mag, so I swapped out the M4 with my working KAM with two full mags and a scope, now it gives me something to do (Search for acog, mags and ammo) on the other side of the map and to be honest no point in searching for base building supplies as it's sort of pointless due to the option of server hopping into closed bases.

Irony of this duper purge is I am using an SVD I found 3 weeks ago on a raid near sverigno on another duper base when my old clan were playing on the RU HC server.

The SVD was stashed with 3 others and about 20 mags.  We all took one.

HC servers seemed quiet in cherno. And heard loads more and saw more people in the far west

Like this chap a few days ago. Unaware I was following him for about 20 minutes.

https://imgur.com/a/0OUfN1p

What a nice day for HC players. Europe is missing 10 servers and one of them is HC, nice to have almost high pop servers now! 

Got smoking on HC 4335 near Kamy.

Was bored and  tracking a freshie up the coast and had a spare 45 to give him. Seriously wasnt going to shot him as had  svd on him for about 15 mins. The plan was to give him the 45 to wish him well or kill a kamy bambi killer who attacked him.

He was in the police station.

Then I was shot in head with a silenced pistol without warning. 

Respawned just a a bit down the coast and server reset. Took a spin past my killsite bit no sign of corpse. Ran into 3 bambis  at kami police station and we all said hi and looted independently. 

Then walking out of a house two geared guys came in. Said on comms I had nothing and they shot me. Silenced weapons so pretty sure they were same people who shot my month old geared character 

Again respawned only a short distance away so went up to Kamy. Same two guys rushed out to me. Tried running but got shot to bits. No attempt at coms. 

I guess Kamy is just a spawn killer location. 

Good to see 4335 full though. Is there is discord for it as I will gladly set one up.if not. 

If they character locked the hard core servers I could see them being used a lot more.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, stephen321 said:

If they character locked the hard core servers I could see them being used a lot more.

If they do character lock any servers then we should have the option. So, for every locked server there should be a public server too. 

• Beans 1

I hope we get a really busy hc server post march update. 

See you all on the list populated one. We should all try hit the same one post wipe/update.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:19 AM, awalsh47 said:

I hope we get a really busy hc server post march update. 

See you all on the list populated one. We should all try hit the same one post wipe/update.

I will be there ( europe, cause ping )

I almost exclusively play on hc servers since they came out. More encounters inland. More interaction. Less dupers and less cler in my opinion and experience 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 10:29 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

If they do character lock any servers then we should have the option. So, for every locked server there should be a public server too. 

I really like this idea.

Not only would it add more server options, it would solve the server hopping issue some players have had.

Personally, I don’t mind that feature. As with most things there’re positive and negative aspects.

It’s too bad we don’t have an Xbox suggestion forum section.