Sign in to follow this  
Cyral

Duplicating

Hi Team / Players,

I read thread the update notes but couldn't see anything saying that duplicating has been intentionally blocked.

I did however notice that when you try to change servers now it says "Character locked to database, 5 attempts remaining".

Can we assume they've implemented something to prevent quick server changes and item duplicating?

Thanks, does anyone know?

7 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Keep trying to dupe and find out.  We'll be waiting to hear back on your research 

I don't mind if it's blocked. I'm one of the people who reported it a long long time ago but it was never fixed. 
I'm just curious to know if they actually have fixed it on Wednesdays update now that's all.
Or what the purpose of the 'Character locked to database' message is intended to achieve when changing servers.

Changing servers is not always a mischievous act. Here in my country, our servers go offline constantly and you simply need to swap onto another server if you want to keep playing.

Edited by Cyral
more info

12 hours ago, Cyral said:

Hi Team / Players,

I read thread the update notes but couldn't see anything saying that duplicating has been intentionally blocked.

I did however notice that when you try to change servers now it says "Character locked to database, 5 attempts remaining".

Can we assume they've implemented something to prevent quick server changes and item duplicating?

Thanks, does anyone know?

Character locked in database means you're server hopping and doing it before the logout timer ends.

Kind of looks like you're duping stuff and probing about if you can get in trouble or not. Is this accurate?

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

On 2/18/2019 at 12:00 AM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Character locked in database means you're server hopping and doing it before the logout timer ends.

Kind of looks like you're duping stuff and probing about if you can get in trouble or not. Is this accurate?

You obviously didn't read my last post, above yours.

Let me ask you something though, you're perfectly OK with the game making an entire tent full of guns loot and rare items disappear before your eyes due to bad coding on persistence, but you scoff at the idea of someone duplicating something, maybe to gain back a small part of what the game wrongfully took from them for example?

Now I don't do it, I simply wanted to know whether they took action to prevent it in the latest patch. Not one person has so far answered that question.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cyral said:

Let me ask you something though, you're perfectly OK with the game making an entire tent full of guns loot and rare items disappear before your eyes due to bad coding on persistence, but you scoff at the idea of someone duplicating something, maybe to gain back a small part of what the game wrongfully took from them for example?

Now I don't do it, I simply wanted to know whether they took action to prevent it in the latest patch. Not one person has so far answered that question.

Oh, I get it, you're asking this question for a friend.

Edited by IMT
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, Cyral said:

*snip*

game wrongfully took from them for example?

*snip*

Take the "game" on Judge Judy?

Read your EULA you paid to borrow the pixels on your screen from BI and all other game makers just so that exact argument doesn't somehow end up in court ever.

You can't let people find ways to justify a duping glitch tor regain virtual losses or there's no limit you how certain people will find ways to justify how they were "wronged".

Edited by BCBasher
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Take the "game" on Judge Judy?

Read your EULA you paid to borrow the pixels on your screen from BI and all other game makers just so that exact argument doesn't somehow end up in court ever.

You can't let people find ways to justify a duping glitch tor regain virtual losses or there's no limit you how certain people will find ways to justify how they were "wronged".

You mean we can't justify robbing banks because some people lose money in the stock market? 

Preposteriorous. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Cyral said:

I obviously read your post. Not sure why you would say that. What's absolutely obvious is you're a duper, you tried probing the board (most men don't like being probed), and we figured it out. 

The #1 and #2 sayings in DayZ are...

1. Get off the coast
  2. Don't get attached to your gear

You can admit it man, they won't ban you for it. Lets start over, but with some honesty. Deal?

Please lets avoid accusations of who is duping or not, that's not the topic and only causing personal conflicts.

On 2/17/2019 at 1:57 AM, Cyral said:

As Weyland wrote:

On 2/17/2019 at 2:00 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

This was not introduced with the new update.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, ImpulZ said:

Please lets avoid accusations of who is duping or not, that's not the topic and only causing personal conflicts.

As Weyland wrote:

This was not introduced with the new update.

But can you confirm something 'was' changed to stop items from remaining on characters as well as stored in the world after disconnects etc?

I'm honestly curious, do changes get made but not get listed in the update notes? As I believe something has changed regarding the way client applications store character and world info to the hive and when they send the updated information to be stored.