Sign in to follow this  
The Baron 11

Base Building in Xbox?

It looks like they may have added a number of items that are related to building bases in the Xbox version? Is it now possible to build bases that are persistent or do they just get wiped when the server resets/log out?

I'm sure there are hundreds of threads answering your question... You are way late to the party my man.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, McPhorce said:

I'm sure there are hundreds of threads answering your question... You are way late to the party my man.

Thanks. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Base building is in but is still mired with persistence problems. As such, I've been staying away from it, especially since (as a I pretty much only play solo until the game gets stable enough for my friends to give it another chance) I would need a car to haul supplies to and from the build site, which has its own problems. 

Edited by Skofield_Kid
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

29 minutes ago, The Baron 11 said:

Thanks. A simple yes or no would have sufficed. 

Search  : "basebuilding"   = 732 hits (just on that one word) -   the search function is at the top right of every page right under your name and profile photo

Or   (HAVE FUN)  Search / Topic / Xbox basebuilding  bases  persistence  :  [find any of the words]

-  mucho info plenty to read - answers, questions, friends,  comments, videos, complaints, contacts, funny stuff, suggestions, dev announcements, community ...

ya know ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay thanks to both Skofield and pilgrim. I apologize for any inconvenience. I guess the persistence was what I was most concerned with after it has become quite apparent there is base building. Should have titled is as such.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

No worries. Supposedly in the new stable patch on PC they hinted at an answer for this but I may be spreading misinformation in saying that. I'm guessing in the form of rolling back servers in case of unintentional persistence wipes? If it does indeed work it is probably something that will be ported over to us on Xbox. 

Per the (PC) patch notes: 

"Undesirable persistence wipes were definitely among the most annoying issues reported in 1.0. With 1.01, we're introducing a system of Persistence Backups that aims meant to prevent problems with saving of the persistence data on the servers. 

This system will be available to both official and community owned server. We've seen some pretty good results on the Experimental branch so far. In any case, we will still be closely monitoring all incoming reports should any loot, bases, or other persistence data get deleted after server crashes/restarts."

Edited by Skofield_Kid
  • Like 3