Sign in to follow this  
galderock

Memory write problems

So I'm looking to see how many people have memory write problems. I remember a few updates back they had this problem, but it got fixed. I quit playing around that time waiting for the Bata release. Now I jump back in to the same thing.  Is this me, is my computer the problem; or are other people having memory write problems as well?

yes, it is poroblem starting game.0 Habve this problem with start DayZ_x64.exe or from dayz launcher or from steam!

Please, fix this!! Or back money for unworked unstable game in 'stable section steam'!

OK not quiet what I ment, or what I was tryingto go for. Axel 777 You might want to look for a complaint page. Also I dont think its with the DayZ_x64.exe, why because the game would not try and load. You might have diffrent problems, and you might want to look into the game specs. You might not be meeting the system requierments if the game wont open.

I'm talking about, in game playing, killing zombies or people and DING:  The instruction at 0x73614d00 referenced memory at 0x73614d00. the memory could not be written. its like its trying to read itself at the same time its trying to write, or write when its trying to read.eather way. I'm looking to see if others are having this problem. I lost a tone of gear because of this and am quite made. I want my silenced shotgun back, but I know I'm running the risk if this isa problem with other people and not just me.

• Beans 1

If this was a global issue, I'm sure we'd all be hearing about it more.

Verify game files, reinstall game, check drivers, Verify health of your HDD or SSD, reinstall OS.

If you try each of these one at a time, in order, you should be reasonably sure the problem isn't on your end.  If crystal disk info gives you a reallocated sectors warning, you should strongly consider replacing that drive ASAP.

I know it kinda sucks to do, but I pretty much found that I should to reinstall windows yearly, or I start having problems eventually.  CBA to keep on top things with too high a degree of technical adeptness, so that is my safe side workaround that works for me. 
I keep OS and apps on my system SSD, and use an older platter to store disposable media like screenshots and recordings.  It keeps things simple and easy enough to maintain this way; just don't forget to reassign the proper drives and folders after reinstalling.

I had a few Mushkin Enhanced burn out on me in the same month after a couple of years, so I would stay away from that price point brand; but in that time, even the Samsungs have gone down to pretty cheap for a modest system drive.
I got one of these most recently, and they are cheap enough to maybe buy one every year or two and keep reinstalling your OS on a brand new one before anything janky happens.
It might be a bit overkill from some peoples' perspective, but it will definitely make sure you don't have very many storage issue surprises.

I highly recommend keeping an SSD preloaded with a brand new copy of your OS and all your apps; you can power down and swap out to a basically brand new PC in under 10 minutes in this manner.  I haven't had any issues with reusing the same product key on the same machine, as long as the system drive isn't used on any other connected device.

Good luck.

In the course of answering your post, I discovered that my media platter is starting to show its age after 8 years.  So roundabout thanks for the heads-up.  Gonna shop for a bigger hybrid drive to replace it, and continue to use the old one to dump my game recordings and screenshots onto until it dies.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 2

i would do a memtest, just to be sure. most linux distros have it, so you can do it from boot. just to completely rule out hardware.

do you have crashes like this in other games?

• Thanks 1

First of all I am local ITfor my company, if you think I havent done all this before getting on here. go back to your hole where you belonge you dont know nothing. first thing I did was what yo u sugested emuthreat. also if you have to reinstall windows that offten stay of the pron, and download malware bytes run it in safe mode. this should fix half your problems. next stop installing drivers from BS places get the real deal there free from the manufacturer, and stop downloading BS test softweare. yowu computer if running windows has everything you need buit in look up haw to use your CMD.

g4borg, I did a mem test, everything is fine. thank you, good thought 

My computer is a custom build for dayz but is done on a buget. most people that run into a mem write problem do some google search and peple say they did a few thing adn it fixes it. the fact is most have forgot to say it was fixed after some update. everything in my computer is new and works fine with other games. like Skyrim on max setting good. also the fact I get in game and can play for a lanth of time (befoere the lates update) shows its not my computer but something in game that is making it fail.

but back on topic this postwas to see if I was not the only person geting this problem. If I wanted to try trouble shooting I wil make a post there with full computer specs and list of all test done to date.

emuthreat one last thing. never get a highbrid  drive just get a 120 SSD for the OS, and place all games and a raid 0 pair of drives. you will thank me later.