Agr0

Can't find AK or M4

Since the update I have been unable to find a single AK or M4 in any of the military base areas I frequent.  I've played on many different servers on different times of the day and I never come across any.  This used to be common when you go to the mil base next to Vybor, the airfield, the mil base north of airfield, and the mil base way north of the map (north west).  But nothing...  Is anyone find any?   Hmm.

1 hour ago, Agr0 said:

Since the update I have been unable to find a single AK or M4 in any of the military base areas I frequent.  I've played on many different servers on different times of the day and I never come across any.  This used to be common when you go to the mil base next to Vybor, the airfield, the mil base north of airfield, and the mil base way north of the map (north west).  But nothing...  Is anyone find any?   Hmm.

M4's are really low in the stock types.xml. Something like 7-10 are spawning per restart. I think it's an appropriate number considering M4's aren't exactly native to this region.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 2

I've had a lot of luck with M4s in this patch. They do spawn; you just have to look harder I'm afraid. 

My problem is with NATO suppressors specifically (beginning to suspect they may only spawn at heli crashes) and suppressors/silencers in general....

• Beans 1

34 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

I've had a lot of luck with M4s in this patch. They do spawn; you just have to look harder I'm afraid. 

My problem is with NATO suppressors specifically (beginning to suspect they may only spawn at heli crashes) and suppressors/silencers in general....

The suppressor is spawned at any tier2 or higher military site or event, just super rare and counted in storage.

<type name="M4_Suppressor">
        <nominal>5</nominal>
        <lifetime>7200</lifetime>
        <restock>14400</restock>
        <min>2</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="1" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <tag name="shelves"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier2"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

I also cant find any assault boots like they were before.   sheesh

50 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

I found standardized and eastern (I forget) and pistol suppressor quickly.  Only been able to use the pistol one one so far as I cant find a KA or M4.  Not at heli either..

Edited by Agr0

Found 4 in a completed car. Win win. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sid Debian said:

M4 and AKM you can find at military objects at Tier 3 and Tier 4 location (NE locations).

Don't you mean NW? 

But even then those weapons are found at pretty much any base location- Balota, Pavlovo, NWAF, Zelenegorsk... Myshkino... Stary? Staroye? probably kamenka? etc.

Agreed they're more prevalent at the larger bases... I'm not sure if they simply don't show up at the tent camps found in or near cities or if their likelihood is just really low. 

Either way- there are no military locations in the NE other than the tents outside Svet... a few containers at the NEAF. Troitskoi and the civilian barracks north of the NEAF are a bit more central than east but would also have a potential for the high speed gear. 

Edited by eno

5 hours ago, eno said:

Don't you mean NW? 

But even then those weapons are found at pretty much any base location- Balota, Pavlovo, NWAF, Zelenegorsk... Myshkino... Stary? Staroye? probably kamenka? etc.

Agreed they're more prevalent at the larger bases... I'm not sure if they simply don't show up at the tent camps found in or near cities or if their likelihood is just really low. 

Either way- there are no military locations in the NE other than the tents outside Svet... a few containers at the NEAF. Troitskoi and the civilian barracks north of the NEAF are a bit more central than east but would also have a potential for the high speed gear. 

You see, there's a few things... and almost funny thing is config of loot location. I love place AR at T3 and T4, but you can find AR in Berezino, Cherno, Electro at ports and broken ship. They are marked as T4 Military placement (green military container... funny isn't it? :))) ). And count in server DB config.

Yes, thanks for correcting. NW locations. :))))

Edited by Sid Debian