ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.01

1 hour ago, eno said:

Yeah I found one in a house in cernaya polona. I think it was one of the small green houses with the crawl space underneath that you can’t get into.

theyre out there. Just rare. 

thx! I'll keep looking ^^

Hey,

I've been a supporter of Operation Flashpoint, Bohemia, Arma, DayZ, DayZ development & DayZ devs.... since a long time guys....
I don't know how many people I fought to defend you & this game and I still does, yeah I'm strange😄
But I feel a little bit cheated by you, sorry to say this. Really.

Putting this game in 1.0............................................. Worst decision ever...

I take this a little bit as disrespect toward your fans, toward me.

I didn't played the game since a long time (few months), but I followed the development since the very beginning and I watch a lot of streamers from time to time.

I've just played from 11PM to 3AM and had a great time, a fucking great time !! Not with friends, just alone.
I didn't disconnect from the server when it was dark and the atmosphere was... Wow !!! Amazing (even if we cannot see anything with the flashlight lol and few others things...) Then the sunrise: a really special moment.
It really remembered me my first experience on Arma 2 Dayz Mod. Spooky.

BUT........... iDied from zombies..... because my character was bugged and I wasn't able to do anything except move.... Cannot shoot, cannot reload... Cannot change my weapon.... Cannot use my fist.... Cannot open a door to hide... Just a poor little rabbit with car lights in the eyes...
So I spend 4 hours to die like this....

It's not a big deal, I'm used to play your games and they have always been buggy as hell. I died from bugs a THOUSAND times on DayZ Mod, DayZ Alpha, DayZ Beta. I'm used to it.

But there isn't a little message anymore when I launch the game that tells me "be careful mate, this game isn't finished".

No, I'm supposed to play a stable game with minor bugs. This isn't.

So I'm angry because I'm not playing 0.64 but 1.01.

And I'm not angry against the devs, I'm angry against Bohemia for the first time. Because this is an unexplained decision that put everyone in a strange position. At the moment, I'm really saying to my friends "no this isn't 1.0, this is just 0.64 and I don't know why they say it's 1.0." My only theory is that Steam forced you to do it but we will never know the real reason I suppose.
This is maybe the worst decision ever that you took, I mean, it's obvious.

You're lucky that in France, no big videogames website has reviewed the game since 1.0.
DayZ  1.0 without choppers isn't DayZ 1.0. No need to say anything else.

I still love the game and the state of the game is better than ever. Seriously, it's really good. You cannot even try to compare the actual state to the mod.
I will still watch closely the devs progression and I have only one hope (and I'm not speaking to the devs but to Bohemia): I wish you will continue to develop the game and finish the job. If not, you will clearly lose me for good.

Sorry, it's not the best place to post this, but this is the very first time that I almost threw my keyboard in my LCD monitor, and I'm not a violent guy 😉

I wanted to say this to you since the release of 1.0 but I didn't, I had to endure this to do it.

Keep up the great work DevZ ! 🙂
And Bohemia, please... please.
Sincerely.

EDIT after a good night of sleep: I've read this entire topic and few others (I didn't do it before posting this), I see now that  I'm shooting at an ambulance, so I kinda feel bad. But it's done and I had to do it. Ah politic... Oh no... just money maybe, like usual. But even from an economical point of view, it was a bad move... No, I don't have any clue why you did that.

Edited by idie
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

14 hours ago, zykrem said:

did anyone found a CR-527 ? I found some mags but as for the rifle... none so far...

yep, found 3 of them in civilian houses. One of them already had a hunting scope attached by the way

On 2/16/2019 at 8:35 AM, William Sternritter said:

talking wooden planks here, why should not someone get through that?

I don't think that being able to climb any wall by glitching on top of two planks should be a thing in a game with base building no. By all means there should be raiding mechanics etc, but the way it is done in this game is a joke, thats why you see basically all community servers with a player pop higher than 20 use mods such as build anywhere and disablebasedestruction.

For anyone wondering, cars are still not much better than before.

Edited by MorphineJunkie
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zykrem said:

did anyone found a CR-527 ? I found some mags but as for the rifle... none so far...

yep, found 3 in civilian houses. One of them had a hunting scope attached

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I got an 504 error on the first one and didn't saw it was posted anyway, you can delete this one

Edited by matiman

9 hours ago, idie said:

Hey,

I've been a supporter of Operation Flashpoint, Bohemia, Arma, DayZ, DayZ development & DayZ devs.... since a long time guys....
I don't know how many people I fought to defend you & this game and I still does, yeah I'm strange😄
But I feel a little bit cheated by you, sorry to say this. Really...

First of all thank you for taking the time writing all this. We really appreciate it and will try to reply adequately.

Just to quickly debunk the one theory, Steam does not have any authority to force developers to release a game from Early Access. Neither does Microsoft or "the law" (all kinds of gossip around that has been popping up). The decision came from our side, for various reasons, which we have been talking about for the past months.

We are aware of complaints about the release decision and what it means for the representation to the outside. It is not only our job (meaning we spend the better part of every day with it), but foremost our dedication and passion in every branch of the dev team to make DayZ the best game it possibly can be.

While we try to explain development processes and decisions as well as possible, there's always a line beyond which we cannot talk about topics, or where it becomes difficult to understand why situations are as they are, if you are not necessarily following every development update with previous background knowledge in game modding/development. So we completely understand that there are doubts in the community and that those doubts also reach our most passionate players. I guess every one of us had a kinda different vision of what the DayZ 1.0 would look like.

However, regardless of the version number we currently have, and if there are warnings being displayed before starting the game, the team is working on improving the game and providing further updates. This is not the end, but rather the beginning of a new phase, namely post-release development. We are happy to hear that you agree that progress has been made, many are denying this reality while facing their doubts and frustration, as legitimate as those might be. You saw the first results with the Stable release of 1.01 just last week, and more updates will follow throughout the year. Some new bugs may appear, some issues might take a while to get fixed, but we are on a one-way street forward, even if it is a rocky one.

We are reading all of your feedback and will act on it, while staying true to our vision of DayZ as a game and platform for content creators. Those are all aspects that did not change with the 1.0 release.

Again, thank you (all of you) for your constructive feedback and sharing your doubts with us in a reasonable manner. We take them seriously.

• Thanks 3
  • Beans 5

1 hour ago, MorphineJunkie said:

I don't think that being able to climb any wall by glitching on top of two planks should be a thing in a game with base building no. By all means there should be raiding mechanics etc, but the way it is done in this game is a joke, thats why you see basically all community servers with a player pop higher than 20 use mods such as build anywhere and disablebasedestruction.

For anyone wondering, cars are still not much better than before.

Of course, I agree that glitching through is not what we want. But people here seem confused why you can destroy wooden planks with an axe? In my experience, that's exactly what axe is for 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Our group has spent the last few days focusing on building a small base and the experience has been mixed. Necessary tools were a little hard to find with regularity but seemed to become almost over abundant by the time we didn't need them anymore. This seemed to fit with the overall loot cycling where this day it was a million pickaxes and the next day was a million splitting axes etc. All good except that those were the two days we were looking for sledgehammers. 

We got into some corners where the game wouldn't let us build top or bottom... or both which required dismantling entire sections and that proved to be a pain in the ass since in some cases you could dismantle but others you needed to demolish- which took its toll on tools. On the plus side it'll take its toll on the tools of those who are raiding... on the negative side... well... Anyway. 

Stacks of boards, chopping trees down for logs etc was okay but stacking boards for carrying seems a bit off... it's tough to stack them for carrying. I think you're supposed to be able to carry twenty... but you need to start fussing after 10. Put the 10 down, pick up 3 and then pair the 10 with the 3... put it down again... maybe I'm just not doing it right.

And nails are obnoxiously rare... which has been extremely frustrating especially at this early juncture where people are going to be experimenting with base building. A person would get excited about getting something started and have to go to several corners of the map to find enough nails to build anything, lose interest and go kill someone instead. My vote is for a slight bump up in the nails spawn... do we REALLY need more fucking peat coats than we do boxes of nails? Thank god I found another pair of denim shorts and a tracksuit jacket... but for every 10 of those can we get one box of nails? Can I craft 20 hardhats into a large box of nails? 

If I go into an industrial district I should come out with enough nails to get some work done... 

Overall I think the experience has been gratifying to a point but senselessly prolonged. Is there a reason to limit the ability to build to this point? If you're worried about people building bases everywhere I'm sure a few players per server with some sledgehammers will remedy that problem for you whether you like it or not...    

• Beans 2

dont know if someone already posted but here it is
CR527 after some use, mag get stuck.
and the landmine seems to not work when zombies walk over

1 hour ago, andremelo90 said:

dont know if someone already posted but here it is
CR527 after some use, mag get stuck.
and the landmine seems to not work when zombies walk over

I have yet to get any land mine to work on the Z's...ever.

New Feature: Hatchback can be fixed after crashing them! YES!!! Thank You!

New Feature: Z's don't drop after one bullet (non-head shots). Harder to take down. Now we're talking. It's survival after all and they're already dead.

Fixed: Tents camo stays in place when you toggle the flap after server restart.

Bug: Tents entry flap is open by default after server restart. May not be a bug unless its a persistence issue? A very minor issue either way.

Bug: Hatchback tires cannot be fixed with tire kit. The rest of the cars parts can be replaced if damaged though.

Bug: Can tan animal hides to make leather and dye it with color, but can't sew anything together with the leather sewing kit to make clothing or backpacks. (bug or still not finished?)

Bug: When filling up canteens or water bottles at alternate sources such as streams, we don't get the popup action. However sometimes they fill up anyway but its random.  Using iZurvive currently to mark and keep track of the locations where this works until a fix is implemented.

Bug: Running from Z's to hide in carport/garages, the double door ones...nope. They come piling in after you even though the doors are closed. Not enough bullets, FFS. Forgot my yellow and brown pants. Laughed afterward but it wasn't funny at the time. I hope this will be a relative easy fix for the next patch.

Edited by C4-timah

1 hour ago, C4-timah said:

It's survival after all and they're already dead.

they arent dead.  they are basically 28 days later style zeds.

7 hours ago, C4-timah said:

I have yet to get any land mine to work on the Z's...ever.

I miss that one too, mines and the bear trap used to work well

7 hours ago, C4-timah said:

*snip*

Bug: When filling up canteens or water bottles at alternate sources such as streams, we don't get the popup action. However sometimes they fill up anyway but its random.  Using iZurvive currently to mark and keep track of the locations where this works until a fix is implemented.

Bug: Running from Z's to hide in carport/garages, the double door ones...nope. They come piling in after you even though the doors are closed. Not enough bullets, FFS. Forgot my yellow and brown pants. Laughed afterward but it wasn't funny at the time. I hope this will be a relative easy fix for the next patch.

You should be getting these fixes soon.

Canteens are getting the prompt in streams the last two small EXP patches.

They are claiming the doors are fixed too but I never had that problem to start with so not sure. 

14 hours ago, eno said:

Our group has spent the last few days focusing on building a small base and the experience has been mixed. Necessary tools were a little hard to find with regularity but seemed to become almost over abundant by the time we didn't need them anymore. This seemed to fit with the overall loot cycling where this day it was a million pickaxes and the next day was a million splitting axes etc. All good except that those were the two days we were looking for sledgehammers. 

We got into some corners where the game wouldn't let us build top or bottom... or both which required dismantling entire sections and that proved to be a pain in the ass since in some cases you could dismantle but others you needed to demolish- which took its toll on tools. On the plus side it'll take its toll on the tools of those who are raiding... on the negative side... well... Anyway. 

Stacks of boards, chopping trees down for logs etc was okay but stacking boards for carrying seems a bit off... it's tough to stack them for carrying. I think you're supposed to be able to carry twenty... but you need to start fussing after 10. Put the 10 down, pick up 3 and then pair the 10 with the 3... put it down again... maybe I'm just not doing it right.

And nails are obnoxiously rare... which has been extremely frustrating especially at this early juncture where people are going to be experimenting with base building. A person would get excited about getting something started and have to go to several corners of the map to find enough nails to build anything, lose interest and go kill someone instead. My vote is for a slight bump up in the nails spawn... do we REALLY need more fucking peat coats than we do boxes of nails? Thank god I found another pair of denim shorts and a tracksuit jacket... but for every 10 of those can we get one box of nails? Can I craft 20 hardhats into a large box of nails? 

If I go into an industrial district I should come out with enough nails to get some work done... 

Overall I think the experience has been gratifying to a point but senselessly prolonged. Is there a reason to limit the ability to build to this point? If you're worried about people building bases everywhere I'm sure a few players per server with some sledgehammers will remedy that problem for you whether you like it or not...    

Exactly! I have been building a base with around 20 walls and one watchtower and the amount of time it took to find all the nails that it required was just too much! For one and a half week I walked to huge industrial areas just to find mostly tons of clothing. I build my base pretty close to an area with a lot of industrial spawn points and still it took me easily 25 hours to get these walls up. I can't imagine the huge timesink when you build the base in an area in with little to no industrial spawn points.

But this is just when nothing goes wrong. I easily had to spend another five hours because I had to remove walls since I could not build the wall next to it. This issue with walls slightly colliding will surely be fixed, but it makes the rare nails even more frustaring to find. However, the most frustrating is when other players start to dismantle your walls from the inside out, as it takes days before you will have your surroundings completed so people cannot come inside. Nevertheless, destroying walls from the outside is too easy as well. Players need to destroy just one layer of walls in most cases as nobody would invest the hours to build two rings of walls (due to rare nails etc.) For this one hatchet and a duct tape is enough, easily obtainable by any player looting a town or two.

Firstly, Items like metal wire, barbed wire and nails just need to spawn more often. I think tools should stay the same as otherwise raiding would become even easier with an increase in pliers and hatches. 

Secondly, destroying walls should take longer and the durability hit on items should be more severe. 

Thirdly, other players should not be able to dismantle walls that you or your clan build. This can be solved by introducing a clan system. 

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

19 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

. But people here seem confused why you can destroy wooden planks with an axe? In my experience, that's exactly what axe is for 😄

There should be more tiers in base building, sure you should be able to destroy walls with an axe, but in under 1 minute? Really?

Also the only real upgrades you can make to walls are metal plates and barb wire, both can be removed with pliers, so with 9 inventory slots worth of low tier equipment you can break into any base.

I think there should be tiers:

- Wood, fine destroy with whatever
- metal sheets, can be downgraded with pliers for all I care, but only from the inside

Maybe even make new types of fence like Concrete & Rebar walls (fireproof, can be removed with sledgehammer only)

RPGs should be implemented, be super rare but be able to take down any wall fast.
Molotovs could be implemented to take down any wooden wall that is upgraded with metal sheets, but will take 10-20min ingame time and light up the area with smoke and fire (kinda like heli crashes in the mod) so other players can see it.

Anyways these are just my top of the head suggestions for balancing out official dayz. I am already having a blast on community servers with basebuilding, but its not worth it on official.

Barbed wire could also have a more significant role than it has currently in the game, its useless pretty much now because you can easily remove it with pliers in about 5 seconds.

Edited by MorphineJunkie
  • Thanks 1