ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.01

I've only been playing Dayz since it came out of alpha in December.
It's definitely the most immersive game I've played!  Kudos to Bohemia for all your work on DayZ!  

Since this weeks update I've found that if I try to control my volume using my keyboard's function, DayZ minimizes.

Also wondering if there are any plans to optimize the engine?  My GPU's and CPU usage are not very high. 

Keep up your great work BI, really enjoying the game!

System:
Win 10 64Bit 
i7 7700K
16GB DDR 4 3200mhz RAM
2x500GB Samsung 850Evo Pro SSD
2 x Gigabyte GTX 1080 GTX G1 Gaming SLI
34inch Ultrawide LG Display
Asus Rog Centurion 7.1 Headset
Logitech G810 Keyboard
All drivers up to date

anyone seen hacksaw since the update ?

I have plenty of nails, but no hacksaw to cut planks...

6 minutes ago, matiman said:

anyone seen hacksaw since the update ?

seen 2 in shacks, in vybor.

3 to 4 sks headshot at close range to kill a Z. doesn't seem right...
looking for a cr527 to test now

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, White W. said:

Welcome to DayZ 1.01

Wait, you're playing on a modded server, right?  Cuz camo guns are not in the vanilla experience yet.

Complaints originating from modded servers aren't taken as seriously by the developers.  Modded servers add variables that they can't control that may be contributing to the issue you're facing.

• Beans 1

Just my thought but was it good idea to add modding in this state?

Bug fixing has gone just more complex.

1 minute ago, kopo79 said:

Just my thought but was it good idea to add modding in this state?

Bug fixing has gone just more complex.

It was stupid of them to add it before the game released but hey, the harder you footstomp, the more they listen apparently

8 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Wait, you're playing on a modded server, right?  Cuz camo guns are not in the vanilla experience yet.

Complaints originating from modded servers aren't taken as seriously by the developers.  Modded servers add variables that they can't control that may be contributing to the issue you're facing.

That's like painting your band new car red and the manucafturer says: Not my problem. The correct answer would be: Which mods are installed?, dedicated server?, ..., like come to a analysis. 😉

We have bugs that have been seen in 0.46 and still occur here and there. Like a problem is been solved by adding 2 others solving 2 problems and adding one another. I do even understand software development for years but that is just still bad work. Good god I only paid the half for the product I got, shame to rip off xbox users for a project that devs said they would support this 5 years after 1.0. That's just a gold donkey with bad bahivour. AND I LOVE DAYZ. Not the devs. Just the gamedesign someone somehow made very good.

It does not even matter cause we're in a spiral of words and promises made and taken and made and ...

Yes i'm very emotional, that does not even matter cause it's a fact of time and, indeed, that fact here given to us (community). I did not even met a single players that talks otherwise (not the hate, just frustraded dayz lovers). Why? Is bohemia the actor, is the dev team in a bad planing manager something like that, who controls the dev team in their work? Why?

I'm near to crying. Inwardly. Confusion. Frustration. Love. Hate. Wishes. Hope. 😕

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, walnussbaum said:

That's like painting your band new car red and the manucafturer says: Not my problem. The correct answer would be: Which mods are installed?, dedicated server?, ..., like come to a analysis. 😉

Wrong. It's more like adding a hemi to your datsun and going to the manufacture complaining it doesn't work

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

14 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Wrong. It's more like adding a hemi to your datsun and going to the manufacture complaining it doesn't work

Wrong. You don't completly restructre code in any way. It's an interface brought by the devs. So it's like datsun manufacturer knows what's going on and further more: They implemented structures and rakes, connections to add a hemi to your datsun. 😉

Edited by walnussbaum

5 minutes ago, walnussbaum said:

Wrong. You don't completly restructre code in any way. It's an interface brought by the devs. So it's like datsun manufacturer knows what's going on and further more: They implemented structures and rakes, connections to add a hemi to your datsun. 😉

This is definitely a case of, "you know nothing Jon Snow"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

This is definitely a case of, "you know nothing Jon Snow"

And that's just not the right place for flame. PM me 🙂

edit btw: The devs does not know what's going on in theese mods, they just give them tools to work with without letting them destroy their code-base. They even do not allow it. That's how a "official modding support" is based on.

Edited by walnussbaum

camo guns are a texture, and can be added without enabling any client side mod. I would hardly call that "modded content". Nor do I expect many bugs from the mods and abilities we currently have.

what they took out is the spray paint mechanic. The camo gun is still in, and can be spawned.

Those model errors happen also with vanilla experience.

--

The correct way to go is add modding as soon as possible, so you can maintain your own game by actually adding your content as if it were a mod. that way you have a clear boundary between core features / libraries and assets / content / scripting.

the main problem is not modding being added. it is actually more the problem, that a lot of stuff is hardcoded, and the whole structure of the game engine is an overengineered mess, that is probably as hard to develop as it is to mod.

Had they added modding early on, and actually used it correctly themselves, and implemented proper mod loading etc. beforehand, they might be already further down the road.

--

But it's easy to judge from afar. And I am sure they know themselves that not everything went ideally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

I would be willing to bet that problem solving would NOT be harder on vanilla servers than servers that have been modified by the consumer.  One way or another, the developers are going to have to do additional work to figure out why the above pic ended up as so.  More than necessary than if it was on an official server.  Even asking simple questions like "I see you're running with modifications, what other mods are you running?" takes additional time.  Time that could be better spent than solving a special case scenario.

• Beans 2

On 2/15/2019 at 7:07 PM, Leah Snow said:

I do have a modded server. At the time however, we only had the admin mods loaded as of course, to update, we had wipe all. We were using only Vanilla gear.

We are still running about shirtless.

I'll reload and update all mods yet again today to see if any updates have been made. We are using the same mods and things worked flawlessly before the update.

If we can't sort it, perhaps we'll have to take a break for a while and hope things get sorted in future.

Thanks for your time.

Mods can be broken by a new update. They are not developed by us and thus there can always be an issue with them and the game.

• Beans 1

23 hours ago, aux7 said:

I have um "borrowed" things from two Ladas that someone had clearly tried to hide, but never left anything.

Maybe your "borrowers" were being nice

Same here. Sometime we just get rid of stuff we no longer need. But also, someone may have left it in the trunk just for the sake of persistency.

We encountered a small base (tent with a fence really) and ADA hidden nearby, both were there for several days with all the loot.

Based on all the bitching I read about persistency, I expected all that to be gone in an hour :D and yes, these were official vanilla servers. 

I stoped playing DayZ 6 or 7 weeks ago because the game was too broken to invest time.

Yesterday i played DayZ 1.01 and i have to say: NICE WORK DEVS !!!

Played for about 6 Hours and not a single Server crash!

Now i have hope again!

Keep up the good work!

• Confused 1

Anecdotal reports of bases and tents continue to wipe.  And for those that believe the Devs were under pressure from BI Management....

From the 11/6/18 Status Report:

Are you pressured from the Bohemia management to go for the release?

There is pressure of course, that's a natural part of game development. We've just spent five years in Early Access. That said, Bohemia Interactive is a privately owned company under no pressure from external investors. It is our decision to meet our deadline, and there are no business people standing behind our backs forcing us to do it. Bohemia is a family of like-minded people who want to make games without publishers calling the shots.

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/240625-status-report-6-november-2018/

16 hours ago, Supe2licious said:

I stoped playing DayZ 6 or 7 weeks ago because the game was too broken to invest time.

Yesterday i played DayZ 1.01 and i have to say: NICE WORK DEVS !!!

Played for about 6 Hours and not a single Server crash!

Now i have hope again!

Keep up the good work!

you are glad that the server has crashed only once? How poor...

The current patch is just as stupid as the patches before. The servers are unstable, the zombies are running through the walls, etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

11 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Anecdotal reports of bases and tents continue to wipe.  And for those that believe the Devs were under pressure from BI Management....

From the 11/6/18 Status Report:

Are you pressured from the Bohemia management to go for the release?

There is pressure of course, that's a natural part of game development. We've just spent five years in Early Access. That said, Bohemia Interactive is a privately owned company under no pressure from external investors.

Of course there's pressure from external 'investors'.   There's no company on the planet that Microsoft is willing to say "take your time and just release whatever you have, whenever you can."  Contracts are made with specifics. That would otherwise be absurd and does not reflect how Microsoft has done business since the early 1980s. 

It is our decision to meet our deadline, and there are no business people standing behind our backs forcing us to do it. Bohemia is a family of like-minded people who want to make games without publishers calling the shots.

Cleverly written.  BI is self-published so that last statement doesn't even make sense.  If you're your own publisher, then you call your own shots.  You can't say "we simply don't make any decisions."  

Bohemia is a family of like-minded people

That's cute.  Okay, so they're privately owned.  They still operate on the basis of money.  There HAS to be 'business people' in this inclusive little family.  Simply illogical, and outright poor business practice for the people who control the money and pay the staff (assuming these family members get paid on a regular schedule) to not put pressure on the people creating the product to be sold.  There HAS to be a return.  If BI had enough money laying around to afford the luxury of basing things on family trust then it wouldn't have taken 5 years to develop the product to begin with.

It's simply not believable when developers say they aren't under pressure from management.  That is just NOT how free enterprise works.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

57 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Of course there's pressure from external 'investors'.   There's no company on the planet that Microsoft is willing to say "take your time and just release whatever you have, whenever you can."  Contracts are made with specifics. That would otherwise be absurd and does not reflect how Microsoft has done business since the early 1980s. 

Cleverly written.  BI is self-published so that last statement doesn't even make sense.  If you're your own publisher, then you call your own shots.  You can't say "we simply don't make any decisions."  

That's cute.  Okay, so they're privately owned.  They still operate on the basis of money.  There HAS to be 'business people' in this inclusive little family.  Simply illogical, and outright poor business practice for the people who control the money and pay the staff (assuming these family members get paid on a regular schedule) to not put pressure on the people creating the product to be sold.  There HAS to be a return.  If BI had enough money laying around to afford the luxury of basing things on family trust then it wouldn't have taken 5 years to develop the product to begin with.

It's simply not believable when developers say they aren't under pressure from management.  That is just NOT how free enterprise works.

I'm surprised this is coming from you but it's good and I wholeheartedly agree with you, companies don't just run on air, a laid back work ethic (whatever-take-your-time-and-mess-around approach) and good intentions.

Most communications here are obviously very much sugar coated .

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 11:35 AM, ImpulZ said:

Mods can be broken by a new update. They are not developed by us and thus there can always be an issue with them and the game.

why it is not fixed more 5 days after update? I am can't connect to my local server. No response from anyone either on the forum or on the bugtracker

Edited by AXEL777
  • Thanks 1

On 2/17/2019 at 6:04 AM, amadieus said:

I like the fact that we fall unconscious more often now, but we do wake up way too fast! There is basically no need for CPR or other items as I wake up within one minute. Are any changes to this scheduled @ImpulZ?

I had to give my buddy CPR a couple times last night.  He flopped over on the stairs at a fire station, I had to bandage him and give him CPR.

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Beans 1

did anyone found a CR-527 ? I found some mags but as for the rifle... none so far...

Edited by zykrem
rephrasing

Yeah I found one in a house in cernaya polona. I think it was one of the small green houses with the crawl space underneath that you can’t get into.

theyre out there. Just rare.