ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.01

1 hour ago, nuggit said:

I really appreciate this being acknowledged @Baty Alquawen  Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to test out properly 🙂

• Beans 1

I agree constructive criticism is important.

On the other hand, people who have been here for years should understand that those who have recently purchased the game, believing they were buying a finished game will get a little catty when they find that the game is not really finished at all. Perhaps the game should have remained in Beta for a bit longer so that those purchasing it would be a little more understanding.

To a degree, I blame Steam for this as well, for allowing the game to be released as a finished product. In all honesty, it really isn't. I think everyone knows that. I've purchased several entire franchises from Steam and I've never had a problem with those ones .. not one problem.

Regarding DayZ, I'm still here and I still pay the monthly for my hosted DayZ server because I love the concept of the game, the scenery, and the community is pretty cool.

I suppose if consumers have complaints, perhaps the consumer would be better served to keep those complaints private and send them directly to BI. Maybe this forum is not the place to air those things. That is the impression I am getting.

Edited by Leah Snow
clarity
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Thank you for the details. Can you please confirm that you did not have any mods active and did not play on a modded server when this happened? Mods can have influence on regular weapons/items as well. So far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue with these items on Vanilla settings.

I do have a modded server. At the time however, we only had the admin mods loaded as of course, to update, we had wipe all. We were using only Vanilla gear.

We are still running about shirtless.

I'll reload and update all mods yet again today to see if any updates have been made. We are using the same mods and things worked flawlessly before the update.

If we can't sort it, perhaps we'll have to take a break for a while and hope things get sorted in future.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Leah Snow

3 hours ago, Leah Snow said:

On the other hand, people who have been here for years should understand that those who have recently purchased the game, believing they were buying a finished game will get a little catty when they find that the game is not really finished at all. Perhaps the game should have remained in Beta for a bit longer so that those purchasing it would be a little more understanding.

if i buy a new car from a magazine having only seen a picture and done no research whatsoever and then when i get there find out it was a model that i purchased ia it the fault of the creater of the model? nope its on me for not doing my research.  

the game is complete in the eyes of bi and will be updated and improved going foreward.  they have been very transparent and have put it out there that the game is not YET what was advertised over the years.  

at this point imo it is up to the consumer to do their research before buying the product.  if they had done a single video search on utube, googled a single review, or simply checked these forums then they would know what was/was not in the game and what was/was not working.  

everyone has the right to vent their frustrations on any medium they desire but to me it just makes them look like the guy who spent 20k and showed up to drive his plastic model car home because he didnt read the giant lettering printed above the car model picture that told him EXACTLY what it was.

• Beans 2

Can you still destroy someone's entire base they spent hours on in a matter of a few seconds with a melee weapon? lol

1 hour ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

if i buy a new car from a magazine having only seen a picture and done no research whatsoever and then when i get there find out it was a model that i purchased ia it the fault of the creater of the model? nope its on me for not doing my research.  

the game is complete in the eyes of bi and will be updated and improved going foreward.  they have been very transparent and have put it out there that the game is not YET what was advertised over the years.  

at this point imo it is up to the consumer to do their research before buying the product.  if they had done a single video search on utube, googled a single review, or simply checked these forums then they would know what was/was not in the game and what was/was not working.  

everyone has the right to vent their frustrations on any medium they desire but to me it just makes them look like the guy who spent 20k and showed up to drive his plastic model car home because he didnt read the giant lettering printed above the car model picture that told him EXACTLY what it was.

Not going to argue but a game is a game, a car is a car.

It *is* my fault for trusting that Steam wouldn't sell me a game that was less than complete. I've never had issues with games released on the Steam platform in the past.

I was following the game. It was alpha, then beta, and then it was released. *Shrugs* my bad.

I've been gaming since 1999 and I've participated in many alpha and beta phases. And on into a completed game.

At the end of the day, it's to each his own. I'm sure a lot of people enjoy the game as it is and that's awesome. I'm here for now and I'm sure my mates and I will have fun making some videos while still here.

Have fun and rock on 😀.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:26 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

I also have the same problem, all the constructions disappeared, how can I fix it?

2 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

I get what you're saying but do you buy that model car at the cost of a real car?  I mean, DayZ is $59.99 CAD and I'm sorry, in it's state is worth maybe $29.99 CAD

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Leah Snow said:

I

Spoiler

agree constructive criticism is important.

To a degree, I blame Steam for this as well, for allowing the game to be released as a finished product. In all honesty, it really isn't. I think everyone knows that. I've purchased several entire franchises from Steam and I've never had a problem with those ones .. not one problem.

Regarding DayZ, I'm still here and I still pay the monthly for my hosted DayZ server because I love the concept of the game, the scenery, and the community is pretty cool.

I suppose if consumers have complaints, perhaps the consumer would be better served to keep those complaints private and send them directly to BI. Maybe this forum is not the place to air those things. That is the impression I am getting.

@Leah Snow 

Spoiler

Please don't tell me indirectly that I do not understand where you or other new comers are coming from. I understand more then most here believe. This forum is not free speech. We have been welcomed in with open arms and are just guests here. There is rules, etiquette and responsibilities that come with this invite.  With great power comes great responsibility. 

A lot of people around here are lucky not to be censored and shown the door and locked on the way out. Really lucky Keep in mind this is the stable discussion thread.

Don't play the devils advocate. I don't think you understood. Get aqquainted here  https://forums.dayz.com/topic/153786-forum-rules-roles-and-guidelines/  

Back on "track" Natural Point Support reached out to me and are happy to help where needed. It could be  possible that it is just the implementation of how IR is streamed in game. Either way, it has been acknowledged so in due time things will get better.

Just before bed I came across a situation that  I found odd no one had reported. Maybe everyone just runs everywhere, man!.  Either I am blind or careless or both. (I searched and could not find any report that directly related to this and was open)

If you approach the bottom of steps or stairs and hold control to walk up them you cannot ascend the stairs/steps but rather walk on the spot.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137021 

Most noticable on police station spiral stairs and the one shown in the trackers video. If I find other steps or stairs I will update my ticket.

• Beans 1

I've noticed there is no fluid change in weather and time changes.  Morning was hitting and the sun was out and it was a nice bright blue day when all of a sudden I get a 1 second pause and it's all of a sudden foggy out.  I noticed this happen when it changes from day to night and in between times.  It was roughly 3 am, stars are out and I could see fairly good without a light source but once 4 am hit, got the 1 second stutter and it was pitch black.  Anyone else noticing this?

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

I get what you're saying but do you buy that model car at the cost of a real car?  I mean, DayZ is $59.99 CAD and I'm sorry, in it's state is worth maybe $29.99 CAD

thats definately a fair statement and i was not trying to come across judgemental or condescending.  i just feel they are doing a pretty good job being transparent with the things missing and are still intending on adding them.  since the game is already technically released it would be very hard for them to justify raising the price later and im really hoping they will not go the route of paid dlc so i dont mind paying for what will be, instead of what is.  

i just don't think its fair that everyone is flaming the devs saying they are ripping us off.  or that the devs are dumb cuz this or that isnt working when the devs never said any of it was working.  

i too am incredably excited for things to come and wish they were here already. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

39 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

thats definately a fair statement and i was not trying to come across judgemental or condescending.  i just feel they are doing a pretty good job being transparent with the things missing and are still intending on adding them.  since the game is already technically released it would be very hard for them to justify raising the price later and im really hoping they will not go the route of paid dlc so i dont mind paying for what will be, instead of what is.  

i just don't think its fair that everyone is flaming the devs saying they are ripping us off.  or that the devs are dumb cuz this or that isnt working when the devs never said any of it was working.  

i too am incredably excited for things to come and wish they were here already. 

Hey man, I'm totally on board with you and I'm personally glad I picked up DayZ when I did because there would be know way in hell I would pay the price it is now until it's completely fleshed out

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

I pretty much agree with what you're saying, and I think I understand you properly, but there's a slight difference between 20k and what I paid for DayZ.  I mean, 35 bucks falls out of my belly button every time i wake up from a nap.  20k, not so much.  I'm much more willing to spend up to 60 euros willy-nilly than 20k.

Maybe if the cost of DayZ is so critical, then one shouldn't be spending it on video games to begin with??

51 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

I agree, there's got to be multiple forces at work here.  It's not all just the devs.   The devs probably understand that complaints will be made if a product is released unfinished whereas the executives probably gave away all of their fucks and thus, have no more fucks to give.  Ergo, they don't give a fuck about the noise they never bother to hear.  Which, unfortunately, is the way of things.

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

Anyone else noticing this?

I *HAVE* noticed that I have to relog if I want a clear representation of the current weather effects.  Others have stated on the forums recently that weather effects are wonky on vanilla servers and I concur.  Be it fog, or sunlight, or rain, I feel like I'm at a disadvantage if I don't relog to the same server often enough, which feels dirty.

Edited by Parazight

On 2/14/2019 at 5:06 PM, ImpulZ said:

Are you playing on a modded server? If you don't know, can you give us the IP or server name?

It works now, it was because of a mod on the server (doh). Can't blame you guys for all my lifes problems it seems.

Do you have any more details on that one? In what situations does it happen? Screenshots/videos would be optimal of course.

Unfortunately not. It has only happened a few times for me, might be mod related as well? The zombie was shaking very rapidly down hill while it happened. I will try to save it next time 🙂

If I go to sights with a scoped mosin I loose my torso for the rest of the game. (Modded server, but owners say it happens in vanilla also?)

Also did you remove some places where you used to be able to fill bottles around streams? Seems like I can only refill at rocky places now.

Edited by MorphineJunkie

4 hours ago, 357KevO said:

Can you still destroy someone's entire base they spent hours on in a matter of a few seconds with a melee weapon? lol

Not on some modded servers. But there is plenty of ways to glitch inside bases (Using cars by leaving a seat close to a fence, good old plank stacking etc)

There is some modded servers where you can have a base, but raids happen.

4 hours ago, MorphineJunkie said:

Not on some modded servers. But there is plenty of ways to glitch inside bases (Using cars by leaving a seat close to a fence, good old plank stacking etc)

There is some modded servers where you can have a base, but raids happen.

Aren't raids something that will always happen? Why would anyone expect to build a base and find it untouched several days later, when not present at the base? Even while you're on the server someone can raid when you're not at the base. And you're talking wooden planks here, why should not someone get through that? Not to mention that I was honestly pissed that I could not shoot a lock when we found an empty base. That made no sense at all. 

• Beans 2

I have a test server just using the VPP Map and Trader. Most things wiped on update but I realized that Windows10 had also updated earlier in the day and crashed the game. I restored to earlier than that and its fine.

So far, I've noticed

1) Zombies take 3-4 hits if not a headshot. Seem to be more showing up quicker.

2) the inventory item change from red/green shaded to outline is annoying, but functional.

3) Clothing and packs no longer show their capacity. This should change.

4) Some visual glitches with inventory in barrels (maybe because 2 of them are close. Need to move around sometimes). https://imgur.com/a/N9Lmhmi

I haven't been base building and this is on a test server with a few players.

• Beans 1

16 hours ago, Parazight said:

I mean, 35 bucks falls out of my belly button every time i wake up from a nap.

You could be a millionaire within a decade if you have that sort of situation in your hands. 😀

Edited by Brandon Clinch

Any one come across a tent on the official servers.  After 2 weeks of searching I have found 0 tents.  I'm just wondering as I feel they are no longer in the game.

44 minutes ago, Fing said:

Any one come across a tent on the official servers.  After 2 weeks of searching I have found 0 tents.  I'm just wondering as I feel they are no longer in the game.

Found two car tents in svet a few days back so they’re out there but on the rarer side. 

i found two ordinary tents in village sheds . . . . put one up and was gone after a restart

The Tents are on the rare side.  An awful lot of famine with a little orderve once in awhile.  I wish the deves tweaked tents a bit it should be very easy for them.  Also has anyone lost anything in a lada?  I was looting Krasnostav came back to my lada to find some bits missing and a couple of items that were new.  I can't rule out that someone came along and took things, but why a fuel can as that slows you down.  If someone did take things they left an apple, water bottle and PU scope.  That's why I'm a bit confused as some of the items that might have been taken would be understand but why leave water, food and a scope which is not easy to find as replacements.  

I have um "borrowed" things from two Ladas that someone had clearly tried to hide, but never left anything.

Maybe your "borrowers" were being nice

I like the fact that we fall unconscious more often now, but we do wake up way too fast! There is basically no need for CPR or other items as I wake up within one minute. Are any changes to this scheduled @ImpulZ?

• Like 1