ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.01

"I'm curious.... is BI aware this is a RELEASED game and not EA?  Why are they reworking the Inventory UI now?  Why are they releasing Stable builds that are more broken than the previous.  Zombies glitch through doors and fences like crazy.  You can enter a base STILL with the plank exploit?  You can't even build a base correctly half of the time because you don't get the options, and you can still easily tear down and access a base in 5 seconds flat.  Not to mention that cars are nerfed as hell.  If persistence breaks you lose 30 minutes of work.  No matter how good performance is, you now have a release that is literally and figuratively WORSE than before.  Seriously, What the hell?"

This times 10. This release is approaching unplayable. I never had lag before. Now I have tons. Cars are only good for storage. As far as bases go, I'm hesitant to build another. Can we fix the right side of the inventory where it's all cut off and stuff?

Edit: Graphic Glitch: After sighting and firing, one's jacket_vest-Backpack glitches out. And no skin .. nada. My mate is having the same issue.

Edited by Leah Snow

On the topic of TrackIR: 

Firstly thank you for implementing it, I played for a few hours yesterday and it was a much better experience than without. Here are some observations and feedback:

1. Overall it feels a bit slow. I will have to double check my profile, yesterday I simply fired it up and used the profile I used in 0.62. However; it felt weirdly slow and I even got the notion that the profile is not being used at all, but rather some default one. I had to move my head too much to get the right angles as if the curvature was default. 

2. The behavior should be consistent. This is a big one, currently the tracking is what I expect it to be only while running and while holding gun up. While standing and looking left and right the upper body is moving as well and it's confusing because it seems like I'm head looking with the mouse. Also, the angle I can turn my head is significantly smaller. While running or aiming, I can look almost all the way back and see the top of my backpack as I should. 

3. It's not 6DOF yet, while I can go without the Z axis, I would really like to have roll in order to peak, same as with key bindings.

• Beans 1

My can of tuna won't open, omg. I'm starving, why you do this to me, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! pulling my hair out, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ! 🙂

Could some one from the dayz team  give a statement about the game breaking bugs introduced this update? So far I have these issues:
- Many actions don't show. Can't unlock combination locks (Im locked out of my base), drink from water sources etc.

- Actions that does show up don't work, like opening a tuna can

- Wierd graphical glitches where zombies get real thicc, as in 10 meters wide but not taller.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, philbur said:

Hi @ImpulZ, and thanks for following up!

I currently play exclusively on a Community Server (KillinZedz) run by @BetterDeadThanZed. Please connect with him for a better dialogue on the exact server environment.

There are various Mods active...all which are geared toward creating a more gritty and authentic survival experience.

These user action prompts seem to be missing from other server instances as well, so it might be something that can be sorted out in fairly short order, I hope.

Thumbs Up.

If I see correctly, KillinZedz runs several mods on their server, also influencing base building. We'll keep an eye on reports on the issue, but as long as we cannot see it on Vanilla servers, we have to take into consideration that it could be an issue caused by a malfunctioning mod.

42 minutes ago, Leah Snow said:

Graphic Glitch: After sighting and firing, one's jacket_vest-Backpack glitches out. And no skin .. nada. My mate is having the same issue.

Which clothing are you wearing, which weapon were you using?

15 minutes ago, MorphineJunkie said:

Can't unlock combination locks (Im locked out of my base)

Are you playing on a modded server? If you don't know, can you give us the IP or server name?

Actions that does show up don't work, like opening a tuna can 

We are looking into that one.

Wierd graphical glitches where zombies get real thicc, as in 10 meters wide but not taller.

Do you have any more details on that one? In what situations does it happen? Screenshots/videos would be optimal of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

really go to hell with this update. it is a shame to bring out something without first doing a test. if I worked that way I would be permanently unemployed.

"Graphic Glitch: After sighting and firing, one's jacket_vest-Backpack glitches out. And no skin .. nada. My mate is having the same issue.

Which clothing are you wearing, which weapon were you using?"

It only happens when using a scope. Black Field Jacket, Gorka Jacket, Alice Bag, Black High Capacity Vest. The new 527 with Hunting Scope, M4 with ACOG, PSO1 and AK Combo in a Pea Coat we just picked up. All vanilla weapons and optics.

It seems if you use iron sights all is well. The minute you add a scope to the equation, you lose your shirt, your vest, your backpack.

You have to switch to a different type of Jacket to get a chest graphic back.

EDITED: Another graphic glitch. When adding items to car inventory, they are HUGE. Experienced while dragging items from Alice bag to car. They will fit, but it's kind of awkward to work with.

Edited by Leah Snow

Hey! @MorphineJunkie !

Please respond to @ImpulZ on whether you are on a Private of a Public Server...and what it is called.

Base building actions are NOT the only things affected...as stated by numerous others.

The prompts for drinking, climbing Ladders, and other User Actions do not show up either...

It might be a Mod....of course....but let's hear from all you Vanilla Public Server guys and gals....so we can pin these bugs down and squash them!....please.

I'll hit a few Public servers tonight to see for myself....but this, again, is smelling like another poorly tested Stable Update to me...

Thank God they gave us the SKS and TrackIR….so what if the Infected are back to glitching...and the UI is sluggish. We need helicopters and more guns! and, and, and trucks and Buses....and Bikes and Boats!

PS....That last line is what we call, in the industry..."sarcasm"  😉

hey i wanna put ASCII art in MOTD, is it possible in a near future?

also looks like game resolution mode is causing an issue with windows 10 volume keys... in fullscreen when i press keys to adjust volume the game just goes to desktop, in windowed mode it wont happen..

Edited by andremelo90

Inventory lag is crazy atm. Opening a car tent drops my fps from 110 to 10.

Also barrel inventory is misalligned, i can barely see it 2 slots wide.

Also, when having cooking pot in hands, its inventory is below screen, i need to scroll down. Before it was simpler.

Also: please make droppable items nonclippable. People are boosting themselves by dropping planks, etc mid air

Edited by Ilgmaars
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SasGuatch said:

My can of tuna won't open, omg. I'm starving, why you do this to me, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! pulling my hair out, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ! 🙂

Left click mouse just once to open, then hold left click to eat, u don’t need tin opener for tuna or sardines 

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

If I see correctly, KillinZedz runs several mods on their server, also influencing base building. We'll keep an eye on reports on the issue, but as long as we cannot see it on Vanilla servers, we have to take into consideration that it could be an issue caused by a malfunctioning mod.

It looks like the Dayz Expansion chat mod was causing the issue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SmokeyFTM said:

Left click mouse just once to open, then hold left click to eat, u don’t need tin opener for tuna or sardines 

It doesn’t work sporadically. Need to put it in your inventory for awhile. Sometimes you can see the indicator telling you to left click to open but it won’t let you and other times it won’t give you the indicator. 

• Beans 1

Thank you for adding Track-IR back in...BUT, it is jittery as hell, literally jitters when my head is stationary or turning...I have tried everything in the settings of Track-IR to fix it to no avail. I have been using Track-IR for around 5 years in BI games

Suggestion Dev team?

Regards

Greenie

• Beans 1

27 minutes ago, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

Has anyone found a CZ527 magazine? Anywhere? Because I'm starting to doubt my sanity. 😉

Thought the CZ had an internal box magazine...

Not the first time....and probably not the last time I am wrong on that!

But have spent about 10 hours on the new update and have been in a lot of rural areas with no sign of the CZ or it's magazine....

Edited by philbur

I have never been one for posting much and I give my beans to feed the hungry around here. My stay here has been a very long one, lurking since day dot on these very forums. I read everything around here and it is getting really hard to swallow some of this. I have usually ignored these comments and kept to myself, If I have nothing nice to say I was taught I need to be quiet. Everyone that is itching, can you please read what I have to say. You don't have to agree or like what's in my long post but just take it on board like the responsible adults we all strive to be.

Can everyone involved in this thread, please provide constructive feedback. It is doing no one any good here venting because of unstable emotions. It is getting everyones jimmies rustled. It has a knock on effect! You know when someone smiles at you and it makes you smile at them back? (I hope you all do) If you have some emotional issues with this game, take a deep breathe and maybe just walk away for a bit or for a long time or for good, you decide. Stop testing and go get some sun. It can be a bitter pill to swallow but it will be better for everyone involved. I get it. You are all extremely passionate and do not want this to fail like so many think. It is after all, a one of a kind gaming experience that can not be rivalled. It has been 7 years in the making with no end in sight. We were the social experiment that Hall produced. Don't forget that. We got hooked and we became junkies like the crack heads down in cherno apartments and can't seem to get enough.

We are all in this together and it will not help speed anything up, rather slow it down whilst the devs have to sift through all this crap with half baked comments, conspiracies and next to little information on the issues many face. Now they have to also read through my crap. Some are just not happy with the direction, that's cool, it was bound to happen.

I blame myself a lot for not contributing enough in the earlier days of feedback, something that the majority is guilty of. I have played every. single. patch ever released and I look at the feedback tracker all the time. Most of the issues I ever faced was either reported or never phased me because at the end of the tunnel, I can change it to tailor my experience or knew it was going to be fixed at some point when they got a handle on the engine and newer modules. I should have been a better tester in my eyes even though it was "not my job" I care about this and so do you all. Regardless if any of you paid for servers, bought the game, wasted hours of real life and then feel cheated because it does not live up to your expectations, gives absolutely no right to speak with the venom produced by some members Everyone is a human and has a right to be treated equally regardless if you feel wronged in your current situation.

If we all chip in, do our part and treat and talk to everyone as respectful responsible adults, this place could be so much healthier and constructive.  Still I should have done much better as a tester to something I am very very passionate about. To this, I sincerley apologise. It just was not good enough from me. It also was not good enough from the majority of the community either. The real testers, are heroes in my eyes and now are all in lurking and a bit pressed. I understand and hope they all come back in a years time all fresh and wide eyed and get surprised. Myself included.

Everyone that cares about this project knows that 1.0 was not really a true 1.0 release. There is reasons for this and it has been explained. No pixie dust. Don't throw theories and vendetta in this because it is not the vision you wanted at this current stage. Whilst I cannot agree on alot of  everything they have done, stop speculating and making things worse. It is what it is, if you are not happy, come back in a years time or not. Arma 3 was not perfect on release nor were any other BIS titles ever released from them. it was as barebones and buggy as the next EA game getting released monthly on steam for the last 7 years since dayz inception. I adore BIS work effort and their visions and have the upmost respect for all the developers under the name. It was a mammoth task dealing with what they had been dealt and it was only compounded by the irrational toxic players. To that, well done devs, I hope you are all in a happy, healthy state. You have been walking on a 0.1mm fishing line over 2 20 story buildings. I can only speak for myself and for this, I thank you.

I also want to thank all the moderators if any of you happen to read this. You have been at the brunt of the storm for many years. You all have withstood the test of time and you do not do it for fame or money.  You do it because you are all passionate and believed in Deans vision. I know some are not happy either but thanks for being here and being fair

If anyone who reads this and cannot understand or take on board anything I have said due to your ego, you really need to take a long hard look at yourself as a human being. I am sure everyone here has been in some dark places and kicking people when their down is the worse thing you could possibly ever do just because you are not happy with results or yourself as a human being.

Now I was coming here to report about trackir and reading through this thread I just had to have a sigh and think about everything and this came out of my fingers. woah woosah!

As to my feedback  it is purely on TrackIR implementation again. As a couple other people mentioned, it does not feel or look right. I hope I have clearly explained myself in the ticket and my videos I finally uploaded (took 20 hours all up due to wonderful Aussie net)

Feedback Tracker https://feedback.bistudio.com/T136979

DayZ TrackIR - 

Arma3 TrackIR - 

I cannot give feedback on TrackIR and the ADA or any other vehicle as I have spent over 5 days looking for one to test and no luck. 

I personally feel it is not correctly implemented but due to being in the minority. as an IR user, I very much do not expect this to be looked at for quite some time.as there is some major pressing issues they really want to get fixed more then any of you or I believe  That is ok in my book. Maybe if I did something about reporting things in the early days it could have been different. 🙂 

TDLR: Community Members ONLY. Read everything above and let it sink in on how the behaviour and attitude has been. it's not a one off, it has been 7 years of this and there is no short version. Just read it!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 7

1 hour ago, GigiGamer87 said:

Man don't sleep and wake up

Early Access end 16 December of 2018 and GigaGamer87 joined 12 December and the release date was 13 December, only a coincidence?

Man do sleep and wake up - it happens a lot.. Man wake up and go back to sleep ?

@nuggit say << Can everyone involved in this thread, please provide constructive feedback. >>
That man make sense. He's got the right idea. 

Feedback Tracker  https://feedback.bistudio.com

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

gigigamer the more I read your posts the more I love you xD will be the age but we think the same way. Guys this would be the game of the century if the developers did not make fun of us. Even the most avid fan can not realize this. Unfortunately, I'm on the high seas and every bug comes out as if the game had been developed for 1 year. . it's embarrassing. instead of following a lineup they let out update just to drag the fan boy back inside. A game like this must have solid foundations. 1 persistence, because it is based on what is based, 2 a part of survival and today we are in the high seas. that was more survival the first year than now .. so many features have been removed. they are doing the opposite.

and I still hope they make a sudden turn because I loved this game like no other

Edited by MATTEO M
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

Has anyone found a CZ527 magazine? Anywhere? Because I'm starting to doubt my sanity. 😉

yep, found one with 4 bullets inside. In an industrial building (small building with 1 double door + 1 single door and boxes inside)

but not found the rifle yet

16 hours ago, Leah Snow said:

"Graphic Glitch: After sighting and firing, one's jacket_vest-Backpack glitches out. And no skin .. nada. My mate is having the same issue.

Which clothing are you wearing, which weapon were you using?"

It only happens when using a scope. Black Field Jacket, Gorka Jacket, Alice Bag, Black High Capacity Vest. The new 527 with Hunting Scope, M4 with ACOG, PSO1 and AK Combo in a Pea Coat we just picked up. All vanilla weapons and optics.

It seems if you use iron sights all is well. The minute you add a scope to the equation, you lose your shirt, your vest, your backpack.

You have to switch to a different type of Jacket to get a chest graphic back. 

EDITED: Another graphic glitch. When adding items to car inventory, they are HUGE. Experienced while dragging items from Alice bag to car. They will fit, but it's kind of awkward to work with.

Thank you for the details. Can you please confirm that you did not have any mods active and did not play on a modded server when this happened? Mods can have influence on regular weapons/items as well. So far we haven't been able to reproduce the issue with these items on Vanilla settings.

21 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

On the topic of TrackIR: 

Firstly thank you for implementing it, I played for a few hours yesterday and it was a much better experience than without. Here are some observations and feedback:

1. Overall it feels a bit slow. I will have to double check my profile, yesterday I simply fired it up and used the profile I used in 0.62. However; it felt weirdly slow and I even got the notion that the profile is not being used at all, but rather some default one. I had to move my head too much to get the right angles as if the curvature was default. 

2. The behavior should be consistent. This is a big one, currently the tracking is what I expect it to be only while running and while holding gun up. While standing and looking left and right the upper body is moving as well and it's confusing because it seems like I'm head looking with the mouse. Also, the angle I can turn my head is significantly smaller. While running or aiming, I can look almost all the way back and see the top of my backpack as I should. 

3. It's not 6DOF yet, while I can go without the Z axis, I would really like to have roll in order to peak, same as with key bindings.

7 hours ago, nuggit said:

I have never been one for posting much and I give my beans to feed the hungry around here. My stay here has been a very long one, lurking since day dot on these very forums. I read everything around here and it is getting really hard to swallow some of this. I have usually ignored these comments and kept to myself, If I have nothing nice to say I was taught I need to be quiet. Everyone that is itching, can you please read what I have to say. You don't have to agree or like what's in my long post but just take it on board like the responsible adults we all strive to be.

Can everyone involved in this thread, please provide constructive feedback. It is doing no one any good here venting because of unstable emotions. It is getting everyones jimmies rustled. It has a knock on effect! You know when someone smiles at you and it makes you smile at them back? (I hope you all do) If you have some emotional issues with this game, take a deep breathe and maybe just walk away for a bit or for a long time or for good, you decide. Stop testing and go get some sun. It can be a bitter pill to swallow but it will be better for everyone involved. I get it. You are all extremely passionate and do not want this to fail like so many think. It is after all, a one of a kind gaming experience that can not be rivalled. It has been 7 years in the making with no end in sight. We were the social experiment that Hall produced. Don't forget that. We got hooked and we became junkies like the crack heads down in cherno apartments and can't seem to get enough.

We are all in this together and it will not help speed anything up, rather slow it down whilst the devs have to sift through all this crap with half baked comments, conspiracies and next to little information on the issues many face. Now they have to also read through my crap. Some are just not happy with the direction, that's cool, it was bound to happen.

I blame myself a lot for not contributing enough in the earlier days of feedback, something that the majority is guilty of. I have played every. single. patch ever released and I look at the feedback tracker all the time. Most of the issues I ever faced was either reported or never phased me because at the end of the tunnel, I can change it to tailor my experience or knew it was going to be fixed at some point when they got a handle on the engine and newer modules. I should have been a better tester in my eyes even though it was "not my job" I care about this and so do you all. Regardless if any of you paid for servers, bought the game, wasted hours of real life and then feel cheated because it does not live up to your expectations, gives absolutely no right to speak with the venom produced by some members Everyone is a human and has a right to be treated equally regardless if you feel wronged in your current situation.

If we all chip in, do our part and treat and talk to everyone as respectful responsible adults, this place could be so much healthier and constructive.  Still I should have done much better as a tester to something I am very very passionate about. To this, I sincerley apologise. It just was not good enough from me. It also was not good enough from the majority of the community either. The real testers, are heroes in my eyes and now are all in lurking and a bit pressed. I understand and hope they all come back in a years time all fresh and wide eyed and get surprised. Myself included.

Everyone that cares about this project knows that 1.0 was not really a true 1.0 release. There is reasons for this and it has been explained. No pixie dust. Don't throw theories and vendetta in this because it is not the vision you wanted at this current stage. Whilst I cannot agree on alot of  everything they have done, stop speculating and making things worse. It is what it is, if you are not happy, come back in a years time or not. Arma 3 was not perfect on release nor were any other BIS titles ever released from them. it was as barebones and buggy as the next EA game getting released monthly on steam for the last 7 years since dayz inception. I adore BIS work effort and their visions and have the upmost respect for all the developers under the name. It was a mammoth task dealing with what they had been dealt and it was only compounded by the irrational toxic players. To that, well done devs, I hope you are all in a happy, healthy state. You have been walking on a 0.1mm fishing line over 2 20 story buildings. I can only speak for myself and for this, I thank you.

I also want to thank all the moderators if any of you happen to read this. You have been at the brunt of the storm for many years. You all have withstood the test of time and you do not do it for fame or money.  You do it because you are all passionate and believed in Deans vision. I know some are not happy either but thanks for being here and being fair

If anyone who reads this and cannot understand or take on board anything I have said due to your ego, you really need to take a long hard look at yourself as a human being. I am sure everyone here has been in some dark places and kicking people when their down is the worse thing you could possibly ever do just because you are not happy with results or yourself as a human being.

Now I was coming here to report about trackir and reading through this thread I just had to have a sigh and think about everything and this came out of my fingers. woah woosah!

As to my feedback  it is purely on TrackIR implementation again. As a couple other people mentioned, it does not feel or look right. I hope I have clearly explained myself in the ticket and my videos I finally uploaded (took 20 hours all up due to wonderful Aussie net)

Feedback Tracker https://feedback.bistudio.com/T136979

DayZ TrackIR - 

Arma3 TrackIR - 

I cannot give feedback on TrackIR and the ADA or any other vehicle as I have spent over 5 days looking for one to test and no luck. 

I personally feel it is not correctly implemented but due to being in the minority. as an IR user, I very much do not expect this to be looked at for quite some time.as there is some major pressing issues they really want to get fixed more then any of you or I believe  That is ok in my book. Maybe if I did something about reporting things in the early days it could have been different. 🙂 

TDLR: Community Members ONLY. Read everything above and let it sink in on how the behaviour and attitude has been. it's not a one off, it has been 7 years of this and there is no short version. Just read it!

Thank you for your feedback with TrackIR, devs really appreciate it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

I run a community server. I'm only seeing minor issues so far. Most of which I can live with currently. I noticed upon updating the server, everything was wiped. Everyone joining was starting out fresh. Again. Fine, no problem. Bases, tents, cars, barrels, buried items, gone. Well alrighty then. Good thing I backup my server twice a day right? Restored player database. Back to where I logged off prior to the update. Awesome. Oh, wait. Everything else is still missing. Did a full server restore. PRESTO! All is well in the world of Z. 

Here are the issues I see on community servers like mine:

1. Update wipes the server. (If you're smart enough, you've set auto backups. Just restore to prior to the update)

2. Tuna cans can be opened. Its just hit or miss. (Can't get one opened? Find something else to eat)

3. Inventory, anything that holds over 90 items does lag. The more it holds, the worse it is. Accessing a car tent with a car in the tent, now there's some lag. WOW. The dark semi-transparent background is different. It has its merits and downfalls. Either way. Meh. 

4. Issues with Z's not jumping over low fences and running in place only to magically run through it once you're close. I wont make that mistake again. Also, meh.

For me these irritants have been minor. Bugs will be bugs. Its nothing new. I struggle to see why this is a surprise to so many of you especially when you've been on this pilgrimage for years. 

I agree with @nuggit. Enough with all the toxic bashing diaper baby attitudes. You're not helping. State the issues you've found, provide your findings, screenshots, etc. Constructive feedback. Not sure what that is? Ask the Google once. 

To all those at BI continuing with the future of DayZ, THANK YOU!

My server seems to be having less issues than most. This could be because it is a community server (private hive) and I don't use mods but simply edit the pbo instead or use scripts? Just my two cents.

Edited by C4-timah
  • Like 1