ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.01

We are a group of almost 10 players, each with 4-5000 hours of Gameplay. Every day we play DayZ even if we bother the bugs and the not really existing base construction. With today's patch, the base building is broken again. You can still raid other bases with Planks. Look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx2PusPacOM

Barrels, items fall through the floor on the 2nd and 3rd floors in the base. The new inventory design is very bad. Totally confusing and it lags enormous.

PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE FUTURE: DON'T BRING PATCH ON STABLE, AS FAR AS NOT EXPERIENCED AND RESOLVED !!!

WHY YOU HAVE THE EXPERIMENTAL SERVERS THEN???

Sorry for my bad English

I've got reports that players can't interact with base parts. Lock doesn't show a prompt to set the combination, etc. I'm having a hell of a time trying to put on a hat...

Any action...such as when you are building....and you place materials down (in the Fence or Watchtower inventory) and you equip a tool (such as a hammer, axe, etc.) You do not get the on-screen prompts for "Build Base", "Build Lower Frame", Dismantle, Mount Barbed Wire"....and yes....the big one is the fact that I do not get the triple scroll wheels for the combination lock (however I can set a NEW combination when I equip an unused lock to my hands (the scroll wheels for the combination appear in the lower left edge of my screen, as usual).

Very odd....and annoying....as I am effectively either locked in...or locked out of my gates!

I heard about this in the last patch but didn't test it personally... 

WTF is it with this BS fog bubble that sets in on a character when other players aren't similarly inhibited? 

I end up bumping into a guy who wasn't an asshole- so while we were talking I was giving him some directions and said something to the tune of: "Well you can't see past that crane from this stupid fog bubble but this general direction is west." Everything was crystal clear out to about 50 meters from me, where a wall of fog erased everything. 

He says, "I can see that crane, the crane past it and the hill... what fog?" 

"Are you fucking serious?" 

I'd heard that you could log out and log back in and clear fog... so I logged out and logged back in and guess what- no fog. 

Awesome. 

So go ahead and fix that bullshit... you know. Whenever you get the chance. 

I know the video has no sound- that's it's own thing. But this shows me talking to the dude, running off into the fog.... logging and returning to the same server with no fog. 

Edited by eno
  • Beans 3

Please consider this a positive and solidaric feedback.

The new inventory looks very bad (personal opinion). With the older inventory look you had a better overview of your inventory, now it looks "fancy" and "modern". DayZ is a post-sovjet apocalypse game, isn't it?

The "new" weapons are not new, you just took them off the game and now put them back in.

The crafting interaction/animations don't work, used to work.

Drinking from water sources used to work, don't work.

Placing tents on ground sometimes work, sometimes don't. Used to work.

Zombies run around like hens, some can't even jump over fences anymore and get stuck in fences.

Zombies cannot be locked in buildings anymore as they just bug through walls again.

Weapon damage got nerfed hardcore. Headshot make the difference now between death and life. Not bad from my personal perspective.

Version mismatch when starting DayZ Server via DayZSAModServer. Verified local game data. 

Still massive frame drops when more than 10 people do PVP in Cherno.

• Beans 1

14 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I wonder how long it will be before we get back to where we were as far as guns and vehicles are concerned? It's not my intention to be snarky here, I'm genuinely asking. Two guns for this update, assuming we get, say 5 updates this year, we'll get 8 more by 2020? Or is this not representative of what we may get in the future? I'm just waiting on content to make this worth playing again. 

how long it takes to have these things in game?:
enviromental coldness 
diseases(some more than sneezing)
bow
fishing
penalty for eating animal meat raw
persistence servers
loot farming problem

i would be quite happy if i would know that where devs are with thsese things...
"its in the works" is not good enough

• Beans 1

So raw meat is still harmless?

8 minutes ago, eno said:

So raw meat is still harmless?

B76C8C3E031AC311F9857D7E499BFADBE8421453

after 15 minutes chasing the stupid sheeps and managed to kill one with my fists...
i ate that whole sheep raw...sometimes puking because overeating but then just continued eating.
why the sheeps dont run away?then run maybe 5 meters away from me but i just continued hitting all of them.
when we have to cook the food again?

17 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

when we have to cook the food again?

You don't have to, but you can. That is what I do all the times I kill an animal, just for the fun of it I make a fire and put the meat on the stick. Try it, it's fun and the light effects are nice too.

• Beans 1

4 minutes ago, Stinkenator said:

You don't have to, but you can. That is what I do all the times I kill an animal, just for the fun of it I make a fire and put the meat on the stick. Try it, it's fun and the light effects are nice too.

yeah but there is problem in game and i wanna know when it get fixed...

2 hours ago, kopo79 said:

how long it takes to have these things in game?:
enviromental coldness 
diseases(some more than sneezing)
bow
fishing
penalty for eating animal meat raw
persistence servers
loot farming problem

i would be quite happy if i would know that where devs are with thsese things...
"its in the works" is not good enough

Agreed. At the moment this isn't a survival game

• Beans 2

1 minute ago, Daniel Nold said:

How to jam / raid a base.

Hope theese bugs will be closed soon 😞

Wow sad ...

• Beans 1

Men,You broke  feel water to cateen system. When i try feel water from lakes its works(without context menu like in version before but works). But small rivers dont work totally.

Well. Some things are better then before, but mostly it became much worse. I have a quite powerful PC, and usually my FPS is not lower than 45-50 on High. The only cases of FPS drop were when I open an inventory near our ammo barrels (4 barrels full of ammo and ammo boxes), FPS in inventory was near 10-15, but it became better after relogging. Now pressing TAB near ANY container (tents, barrels, dead bodies) means that you have a freeze of 4-7 seconds depending on the amount of containers and FPS not higher than 15, usually 4-5 in the inventory. 

Also, bigger inventory size means that you have to scroll it much more then before, and it is impossible to do with FPS that low. Items in the new inventory don't have borders, so it leads to having like 8 cells of gray space and you can't know to which object they belong. 

SKS animations are very raw, chambered SKS shows up with a bullet model in inventory, but doesn't have a "chambered" icon.

Sometimes barrels' inventory can slide to the right making it impossible to interact with it.

Zeds started to run thru the doors and floors, and I got killed by zombie when was logging in at my base, because a few zombies just saw me thru the wall and run in.

RyAR2LAeFaJACbpHpmYh0KWsRV1JVF0L8porLmh0

Am I missing something?  Why can't I see the hotbar on the main screen?  I only see it on the inventory screen.  Is this by design?

25 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Am I missing something?  Why can't I see the hotbar on the main screen?  I only see it on the inventory screen.  Is this by design?

you can toggle on/off the display of hotbar with key "²"  (on azerty keybord at least, don't think it's the same symbol on qwerty, but I mean the key just on the left of "1")

2 minutes ago, Black G-Sus said:

By default it's the "pipe" button. '|' 

well, it depends of your keybord. On my french azerty, pipe is on the same key than "6"

If it's pipe for you, I guess you have a french canadian qwerty 🧐

for US qwerty it would be `

for german qwertz it would be ^

1 minute ago, matiman said:

well, it depends of your keybord. On my french azerty, pipe is on the same key than "6"

If it's pipe for you, I guess you have a french canadian qwerty 🧐

for US qwerty it would be `

for german qwertz it would be ^

Sure. Either way, people should just open their keyboard settings and look it up.
French Canadian qwerty, sheeeit ^^ I have a Scandinavian rune keyboard.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Did anyone experienced a persistance swipe after the update ?

I got a base on my public server (fragnet) with 2 mil tents + 2 barrels + a 4x4 . All was missing when I logged back in on the evening after the update.

I got tents and barrels back by restoring the persistance from my last backup, but not the 4x4.

I looked at the logs, very few players connected before me, and for few minutes only, so it's unlikely someone have emptied and took my tents/barrels/car

Anyone else with same issue ?

8 hours ago, philbur said:

Any action...such as when you are building....and you place materials down (in the Fence or Watchtower inventory) and you equip a tool (such as a hammer, axe, etc.) You do not get the on-screen prompts for "Build Base", "Build Lower Frame", Dismantle, Mount Barbed Wire"....and yes....the big one is the fact that I do not get the triple scroll wheels for the combination lock (however I can set a NEW combination when I equip an unused lock to my hands (the scroll wheels for the combination appear in the lower left edge of my screen, as usual).

Very odd....and annoying....as I am effectively either locked in...or locked out of my gates!

On which server are you playing / do you have any mods active?

9 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

On which server are you playing / do you have any mods active?

Hi @ImpulZ, and thanks for following up!

I currently play exclusively on a Community Server (KillinZedz) run by @BetterDeadThanZed. Please connect with him for a better dialogue on the exact server environment.

There are various Mods active...all which are geared toward creating a more gritty and authentic survival experience.

These user action prompts seem to be missing from other server instances as well, so it might be something that can be sorted out in fairly short order, I hope.

Thumbs Up.

I'm curious.... is BI aware this is a RELEASED game and not EA?  Why are they reworking the Inventory UI now?  Why are they releasing Stable builds that are more broken than the previous.  Zombies glitch through doors and fences like crazy.  You can enter a base STILL with the plank exploit?  You can't even build a base correctly half of the time because you don't get the options, and you can still easily tear down and access a base in 5 seconds flat.  Not to mention that cars are nerfed as hell.  If persistence breaks you lose 30 minutes of work.  No matter how good performance is, you now have a release that is literally and figuratively WORSE than before.  Seriously, What the hell?