Sign in to follow this  
repzaj1234

Making Chernarus look more post-apocalyptic.

The environmental design of Chernarus is amazing. The eerie night ambiance, the blissful walks through nature and forests and clearings. It's top notch. The last time I played DayZ was back in 2013 ish and the graphical and ambience difference is mindblowing. The one aspect the map is lacking is looking post- apocalyptic. There should be a lot more gorey visuals. Along with bloodier combat. Blood effects really need to be tweaked/added. Pools of blood as you mow down the infected. It doesn't have to be complex where if you step on the blood you leave blood trails, baby steps for now. There should be more signs of struggle as the towns get overrun. Dried blood in buildings (I know it's already in the game, I think it needs more), police buildings can look barricaded and overrun as townspeople might have flocked there for shelter during the initial outbreaks. You could come across a person that has hung himself in a house or by the woods, that would be quite a little scare. Remains of what was a small camp in the woods. The roads leading to the bigger cities could have backed up cars along the road. Simple environmental additions like that could really change the feel of this game. Of course these have to be well placed. I think the empty, deserted look of the smaller inland villages are perfect. The nature ambiance of Chernarus is perfect already, it just needs to look like it was ravaged by infected.

Couple more suggestions for zombies:

- Zombies shouldn't have canned goods as part of their loot table (Who has canned goods in their pockets as they die?)

-  Different zombie types should have different loot tables.Police zeds should drop police loot (guns, handcuffs, ammo, mags etc). Construction worker zeds should drop building items (hammer, nails, tools). Hospital zeds should drop medical items (bandages, medicine etc) and so forth. Obviously the drop rate should be low as to discourage zed farming. (This is partially implemented already but I think it needs to be diversified more.)

)- Certain types of food shouldn't reduce thirst and the ones that do (apples, canned peaches etc) should have their thirst quenching values reduced. Eating dry cereal shouldn't be quenching my thirst.

Edited by repzaj1234

This already ingame.

I created a New type of Zeds:

"InfectedHeavyArmy"

There are only armored soldiers with bulletproof vest and helmets.

There are spawning only on NWA and Tisy and have a lot of all types amunition. Some times they have 9 stacks ammonition.

Edited by cj187_berlin