ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150505

Also, even in 28 Days Later, the rabid infected would go down with 1 shot to the brain or the neck, hitting their spinal cord and paralyzing them. I'm all in for having them more resistant to body shots, but it should just take 1 headshot to down them.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 3

I haven't got to play but had my server warming up for an hour or so and now I have to go shovel snow before I can log in.

Seeing lots and lots of "item [XX] is hard to place, performance drops" in the RPT compared to earlier this week, all items industrial spawn items and car parts. Those events were causing a stutter in my client previously.

Server FPS is as good or better than last night with no clients connected but I have the tic rate at 2 minutes so that's nowhere close to real time..

Thanks for the patch! But sadly I have to confirm that I can't drink or fill canteen's in the river any more.

EDIT: Just got two-shotted by an infected. Already put it on the tracker with a video: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T136931
Anybody else had this issue? First time it happened to me since 0.63....

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

@ImpulZ  Since I don't see any mention of Persistence in Notes, are you guys saying the "workaround" puts the issue to bed?

No, it's a workaround, it doesn't fix the issue, it just provides a (temporary) solution or literally, workaround.

• Beans 1

19 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Thanks for the patch! But sadly I have to confirm that I can't drink or fill canteen's in the river any more.

I'll try when I get a minute, last time I did it was a really small "sweet spot" to get the prompt in one on a steeper hill?

Can confirm the headshots are one hitter quitter on AI .45 and 5.56mm on infected, 11 5.56mm to the shoulder on one though, was dropping runners in two M4 shots but couldn't tell if I was getting a headshot or no there..

Server performance up about 100fps compared to last night at logout with and without client connected.

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

No, it's a workaround, it doesn't fix the issue, it just provides a (temporary) solution or literally, workaround.

Maybe give us the option to adjust the amount of backups and interval in sevrverDZ.cfg no idea why we need six hours every half an hour and 12 restore points? 

Every five minutes with one spare as in ten minutes lost worst case even if the most recent backup corrupts too?

No idea what kind of server load the backup process cause but I cant see i t being much.

4 hours ago, SmashT said:

Can't see my own direct chat, is that the same for everyone?

yes same, cannot see, but the messages do work.

Edited by g4borg

Loving the improvements, I also like the tougher zombies 🙂

No crashes, servers seem more stable, etc..  I can't wait for this to hit stable, it is a much improved experience. Still lots of work to go but I am impressed so far with this update!

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, IMT said:

Would it be too much to ask what the plan for the permanent fix is?  I mean, it's not like this is the single biggest factor in having, I don't know, a persistent world.

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Would it be too much to ask what the plan for the permanent fix is?  I mean, it's not like this is the single biggest factor in having, I don't know, a persistent world.

It’s not permanent but I assure you in testing of this and last patch I’ve not lost a single item, base object or vehicle. Even during crash/stress testing the server, validated the file and starts the server. Both me and my server users are very happy with it.

Hanging out at Tisy trying the infected damage, so I just climb on the roof of my truck before I start shooting because, what are they going to do about it?

This guy got stuck mid jump or whatever was not colidable and couldn't attack, he did wake up when i jumped down to pull his two buddies that clipped right into the truck away.

When I pulled the glitch zombies I had to back up to shoot a few time, the rifles I get but not being able to shoot point blank when they're touching you. Unless these guys are Chuck Norris grade martial artist which they aren't in their infected state they aren't going to have the presence of mind to steer the muzzle away, they would just get easier to shoot with the a pistol the closer they got.

30EB9861A6DDB06905EF069F4A5DC2F9FB4D4FE1

Had a weird inventory glitch, rags were stacking with AKM mags, could repeat that a few times before I got bored, I sorted ammo and mags for ten minutes and was getting inaccessible slots as well.

F1ACF207BA448924C6AEBEF987AD4CF4011EC441

3E5BDEABD1DDDF406206EF2F3EA3E4EE025EAD9E

I think the car roof thing is pretty cool if it the infected didn't glitch, I'd use my handyman skills to put a barbed wire fence around the roof line and put a hatch in the roof for a portable guard tower type arrangement. 

2 minutes ago, TermNCR said:

It’s not permanent but I assure you in testing of this and last patch I’ve not lost a single item, base object or vehicle. Even during crash/stress testing the server, validated the file and starts the server. Both me and my server users are very happy with it.

If your're in the loop can you assure me when were getting a helicopter?

Glad your crew are happy with half the mechanics we were told about 5 years ago half working though.

Testing still in progress, shooting people in this patch feels more like dayz mod 🤭

Two 556 headshots to kill? 

Four - five .380 to kill? 

Makes combat slightly more intense and an opportunity to Bandage maybe but a headshot should be a one shot with anything 9mm+ Imo

12G slugs is now the only one shot I’ve seen. 

Noticed you recommend VON quality = 20 but your serverDZ.cfg it’s still 7. 

Thanks will continue testing 👍🏻

• Beans 1

14 hours ago, SmashT said:

Can't see my own direct chat, is that the same for everyone? https://feedback.bistudio.com/T136927

Double check the messages are enabled on your client, when switching from stable to exp and back etc sometimes your profile/config needs to be cleared. 

Not noticed an issue this end 

33 minutes ago, TermNCR said:

Testing still in progress, shooting people in this patch feels more like dayz mod 🤭

Two 556 headshots to kill? 

Four - five .380 to kill? 

Makes combat slightly more intense and an opportunity to Bandage maybe but a headshot should be a one shot with anything 9mm+ Imo

12G slugs is now the only one shot I’ve seen. 

Noticed you recommend VON quality = 20 but your serverDZ.cfg it’s still 7. 

Thanks will continue testing 👍🏻

Are you saying that one 5,56mm headshot doesn't kill??? Also with a cal.22 if you shot an headshot you make a kill

1 hour ago, GigiGamer87 said:

Are you saying that one 5,56mm headshot doesn't kill??? Also with a cal.22 if you shot an headshot you make a kill

Yesterday on the experimental branch, it took 12 hits from AKM to kill the player. 

After the first hit in the head, the motorcycle helmet was destroyed, but the player was alive, not a lot of limping

11 minutes ago, Riki68 said:

Yesterday on the experimental branch, it took 12 hits from AKM to kill the player. 

After the first hit in the head, the motorcycle helmet was destroyed, but the player was alive, not a lot of limping

If this is correct it must be fixed before pushing exp to stable.

Did anybody else notice issues with the damage system while shooting other players? If so, please share so the devs can fix it asap.

14 minutes ago, Riki68 said:

Absolutely impossible... No helmet in the world can stop a bullet of that caliber... If you hit a target with 7,62x39mm sure death... But also other caliber. Only modern military helmet can only divert a small caliber bullet like cal.22 (and not from close range). Maybe the game suffers again of hit detection problems? 

31 minutes ago, GigiGamer87 said:

Absolutely impossible... No helmet in the world can stop a bullet of that caliber... If you hit a target with 7,62x39mm sure death... But also other caliber. Only modern military helmet can only divert a small caliber bullet like cal.22 (and not from close range). Maybe the game suffers again of hit detection problems? 

I know, even our assault helmet Altyn does not stop the bullet caliber 7.62, possible ricochet, at a certain angle and incredible luck. But in game this is happening. ))

38 minutes ago, Riki68 said:

I know, even our assault helmet Altyn does not stop the bullet caliber 7.62, possible ricochet, at a certain angle and incredible luck. But in game this is happening. ))

No, not even a ricochet. If a bullet hit the helmet, pass through them... An helmet is designed to protect head against small splinter and from shrapnels falling down...

34 minutes ago, GigiGamer87 said:

No, not even a ricochet. If a bullet hit the helmet, pass through them... An helmet is designed to protect head against small splinter and from shrapnels falling down...

This is an oversimplification.  It depends on bullet caliber, trajectory, and range.

Bottom line is that a motor cycle helmet is less than ideal vs firearms but its not 100% useless.  Ammunition such as .22 and buckshot would have an increased chance of deflection and/or absorption at ranges farther than 100m with much less effectiveness in close quarters.  5.56 and slugs would have a high chance of penetrating the helmet even at ranges exceeding 300m the closer to center mass the projectile hits and if its not tumbling.

• Beans 2

39 minutes ago, gorvi said:

This is an oversimplification.  It depends on bullet caliber, trajectory, and range.

Bottom line is that a motor cycle helmet is less than ideal vs firearms but its not 100% useless.  Ammunition such as .22 and buckshot would have an increased chance of deflection and/or absorption at ranges farther than 100m with much less effectiveness in close quarters.  5.56 and slugs would have a high chance of penetrating the helmet even at ranges exceeding 300m the closer to center mass the projectile hits and if its not tumbling.

Infact, an AK bullet must penetrates all types of helmet also from long range (in your example you say 300m)

• Beans 1

I know one thing. the more you go on, the more new problems come out. it's absurd .. now I read this damage story. the persistence, the vehicles .. maybe after 15 years they will let the decent game out.they did not succeed after 7 years to have a decent basic game. and for decent I say a b c of these types of games. 7 years for not having persistence, problems still with hits and vehicles. bah .. I feel teased

• Beans 1

39 minutes ago, MATTEO M said:

bah .. I feel teased

or trolled, jury's still out on that. 

According to reports here, If the persistence is only saving every 30 minutes and a crash occurs, that's 30 minutes of work lost IF it automatically recovers. That is what they call "A workaround".  A work around actually overcomes a problem or issue.  This doesn't even qualify for that as someone STILL loses stuff when a crash occurs.   This is simply to buy time.  I'd like to hear where people actually were working on a base and rolled back to a save 30 minutes old and see how happy they will be about those results. Is this an effort of trying...sure.  But it's real design is to BUY TIME.   Something they gave up when blowing through a one month BETA phase for no reason and going straight to release.  Hell, it is not even the expectation set forth by BI in no way shape or form. 

From the KEY FEATURES section on the DayZ Steam Page:

Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases.

You cannot truly have a persistent open-world experience without the "persistent" part working FLAWLESSLY.  Played three solid days in Ylands (a BI title in EA) and it never failed.  Played a couple of weeks in Atlas and it's still EA, and it works FLAWLESSLY.  We even have 4 Atlas servers using ONE database on ONE server using REDIS.  And the bigger hives have as many as 200+ servers all talking to ONE REDIS DATABASE!  How's that for stability?

If the information released by those testing this is true, then it's just a step better, but it's not fixed and it's certainly NOT a workaround.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
spelling
  • Beans 2