ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150505

Hello Survivors,

today's Experimental update aims to provide some fixes to the current version and apply some balancing.

Please verify your game files before playing the new update (including your User Data), and report all bugs you encounter to https://feedback.bistudio.com/.

Patchnotes

ADDED

• Added: Voice effects for mumbling when gagged
  • Added: Ctrl + LMB will drop item from container (inventory)
  • Added: SK 59/66 jamming sound

FIXED

• Fixed: Server crash - as reported in Ticket T134543 + T136323 + T135501
  • Fixed: Server crash when HTTP request does not return OK
  • Fixed: Player might not be killed when shot with 12ga pellets
  • Fixed: Wooden logs get duplicated when building base of Fence and WatchTower
  • Fixed: ADA 4x4 wont stop after driver jumps out of it
  • Fixed: Some clothes cannot be damaged on ground
  • Fixed: Removing the rag from the mouth, make the rag slots smaller
  • Fixed: Temperature measurement has a questionmark in the result text
  • Fixed: Players are able to access dismantle action on towers from the outside - as reported in Ticket T136666
  • Fixed: Bullets do not interfere with the player's body when fired through sea water

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Improvements to server performance (central economy, remote projectiles are not real)
  • Tweaked: Damage to bare foot for non-roadway surfaces
  • Tweaked: Infected damage system
  • Tweaked: Recoil (KA-M, CR-527, BK-18, M4-A1,Mosin 91/30, SK 59/66 and VSD)
  • Tweaked: Chance to spawn SK 59/66 with optics
  • Tweaked: Chance to spawn CR-527 with optics and/or magazines
  • Removed: Chance to spawn SG5-K with 15Rnd magazine
  • Updated: Inventory icons (placeholder icons replaced)
  • Tweaked: Weapon animations polishing (left hand origin for CR-527)
  • Tweaked: IK pose for long torch
  • Tweaked: Rangefinder zoom set to 4x
  • Updated: Credits

KNOWN ISSUES

• There might be an issue with the use of storage files created before the update. You can use this Experimental phase to test your current storage file from the Stable branch (keep copies).
  • SK 59/66 and CR-527 have have similar animation issues as the Mosin, with the weapon becoming displaced briefly during a reload
  • Client FPS drops when dismantling or destroying a watchtower
  • A ruined improvised suppressor still silences shots
  • 2-handed rifles can only be dragged and dropped via a small piece of their "Equipment" tab icon
  • There is no icon displayed when dragging an item from hands slot
  • Full-auto gunfire in the distance might become distorted and sounds like a single shot
  • A jammed BK-18 cannot be fixed
  • Server browser issues - server time can be displayed incorrectly, missing throbbers on filtering, previously played, proper version filters not functioning, missing icons, servers cannot be filtered by character
  • The spotlight does not work after a server restart
  • Infected will be a bit more bullet resistant during this Experimental.

Notes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 9

5 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Infected will be a bit more bullet resistant during this Experimental.

Pls, keep it for stable. Also, we should be able to permastun them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fa1ko said:

Pls, keep it for stable. Also, we should be able to permastun them. 

No?

No way any mammal infected or not should keep moving in a meanigful fashion after taking a .45 to the head point blank.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Beans 8

12 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

No?

No way any mammal infected or not should keep moving in a meanigful fashion after taking a .45 to the head point blank.

I agree with you completely. I can understand it taking a few shots to the body to drop an infected but a single shot to the unarmored head of an infected should be all that is required to kill them. 

• Beans 3

1 minute ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I agree with you completely. I can understand it taking a few shots to the body to drop an infected but a single shot to the unarmored head of an infected should be all that is required to kill them. 

No shit, haven't crossed human off my list but the few things I've shot in the head just twitched and flopped around like a fish when I blew out their brain-stem.

The military has a saying about disconnecting the computer from the machine, pretty straight forward biology there. 

14 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I agree with you completely. I can understand it taking a few shots to the body to drop an infected but a single shot to the unarmored head of an infected should be all that is required to kill.

So headshots still won't kill infected with one shot? Did you test this?

14 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Edited by Black G-Sus

Any chance that you guys fix:

- gunshots cannot be heared be everyone in the area

- often very glitched holding of guns: https://imgur.com/a/PicdEFw

- bad FPS in Electro, around or inside police base, shool building (not office at towncenter, but shool)

- barrels often cannot be closed and therefor not transported

- make bases stronger against destructing them

- add a 4th digit to the codelock or add an extra "pull open" option so people cannot bruteforce it within 20min.

- make the base fences higher, so at least 2 people cannot jump in within 5 seconds.

This glitches are here since ever.  Just the bad FPS in Electro were reintroduced in some 0.63 patches.  The first 0.63 was perfect FPS everywhere.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Like 2

Loving the exp build atm, not having any big issues yet on it. Can't wait for this build to get to stable, it feels more stable. Biggest problem I saw was slight lag in Electroz. Keep up the good work!

Edited by kozzy420
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, krazikilla said:

Any chance that you guys fix:

- gunshots cannot be heared be everyone in the area

- often very glitched holding of guns: https://imgur.com/a/PicdEFw

- bad FPS in Electro, around or inside police base, shool building (not office at towncenter, but shool)

- barrels often cannot be closed and therefor not transported

- make bases stronger against destructing them

- add a 4th digit to the codelock or add an extra "pull open" option so people cannot bruteforce it within 20min. 

- make the base fences higher, so at least 2 people cannot jump in within 5 seconds. 

This glitches are here since ever.  Just the bad FPS in Electro were reintroduced in some 0.63 patches.  The first 0.63 was perfect FPS everywhere.

I would love for it to be ALOT harder to take down someones fences. A 4th digit for the lock is good idea to.

• Like 1

will you also push the change to public_experimental on the server install?

nevermind, just upgraded 🙂

Edited by g4borg
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, g4borg said:

will you also push the change to public_experimental on the server install?

Not sure I understand, my in home EXP server was ruining all night and had an update waiting this morning?

20 minutes ago, Black G-Sus said:

So headshots still won't kill infected with one shot? Did you test this?

I've tested it in the previous patch quite a bit and if it wasn't changed in this one then it takes 2 head shots to kill an infected.

Actually, it should be the only thing that kills them! As in every zombie movie or series, the only thing that kills them are to kill their brains. One shot to the head could kill them, but any damage dealt to their bodies wouldn't kill them. 

42 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

57 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

No?

6 minutes ago, Trailerkusken said:

Actually, it should be the only thing that kills them! As in every zombie movie or series, the only thing that kills them are to kill their brains. One shot to the head could kill them, but any damage dealt to their bodies wouldn't kill them. 

They are infected, not zombies.

8 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Not sure I understand, my in home EXP server was ruining all night and had an update waiting this morning?

the client was already upgraded hours earlier, and i was waiting for the server part. also i had edited my message before your answer, so this was a race condition.

• Beans 2

19 minutes ago, Red Pyr4mid said:

They are infected, not zombies.

Yeah zombie movies are fake these are humans, breaking the spinal cord anywhere should eliminate motor function down stream (like the crawling wounded they have) and no disease is strong enough to keep a mammal going without blood. I aim for just below the ears but even a shot between the shoulder blades should be neck down paralysis with a minute or two of gurgling at best. 

Edited by BCBasher

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've tested it in the previous patch quite a bit and if it wasn't changed in this one then it takes 2 head shots to kill an infected.

Tested. It only takes 1 bullet to the head to kill the infected. Tested with .45 acp and 9mm.

• Beans 1

Tweaked: Infected damage system

Can you elaborate more on this. What was changed? Was their damage upped?