nhow7108

I think xbox 1.0 will be the next big update

On 2/13/2019 at 8:53 AM, BCBasher said:

Some of us PC players paid for multiple copies 4-5 years ago and still haven't got what we paid for, how about you console players have some patience now?

A good thousand of my post were telling people to be patient and wait for it because BI does good work, having a hard time feeling that four years later.

What good work have they done? Are you happy that they pushed the pc version to 1.0 even though the game is still a mess? You pc players might be happy but in the world of console we expect results and by everyone here paying what we did for the game we can bitch and moan as much as we want about the state of the game. If you don’t agree that the Xbox release and the push for 1.0 release on pc was a money grab then you need to wake the hell up. BI is a joke. 90% of the players on Xbox are duper’s but hey I don’t blame them the only fun we can have right now is sit on the coast and kill each other as every other aspect of this game doesn’t work eg base building, but hey I’ll be patient like you said. Maybe by the end of the year BI may have worked out how to pull their thumb out of their ass and do their job or better yet sell the game to a studio that can actually fix this broken ass game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jackel said:

What good work have they done? Are you happy that they pushed the pc version to 1.0 even though the game is still a mess? You pc players might be happy but in the world of console we expect results and by everyone here paying what we did for the game we can bitch and moan as much as we want about the state of the game. If you don’t agree that the Xbox release and the push for 1.0 release on pc was a money grab then you need to wake the hell up. BI is a joke. 90% of the players on Xbox are duper’s but hey I don’t blame them the only fun we can have right now is sit on the coast and kill each other as every other aspect of this game doesn’t work eg base building, but hey I’ll be patient like you said. Maybe by the end of the year BI may have worked out how to pull their thumb out of their ass and do their job or better yet sell the game to a studio that can actually fix this broken ass game.

You must be playing a different version to me, I am aware of some issues with the game but you make it sound unplayable. What particular issues are you having? 

Personally I get killed over and over by zombies because of 5-10 seconds where no frames comes through - much so in big cities.

Game has crashed countless times when I've had zombies on me, killing me again.

Then there is the whole duping problem and all that comes with that.

Basesand stashes keeps getting wiped and servers disappear.

I could go on.

if you don't see that as game-breaking then I don't know what is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Personally I get killed over and over by zombies because of 5-10 seconds where no frames comes through - much so in big cities.

Game has crashed countless times when I've had zombies on me, killing me again.

Then there is the whole duping problem and all that comes with that.

Basesand stashes keeps getting wiped and servers disappear.

I could go on.

if you don't see that as game-breaking then I don't know what is.

Well I don't really bother with base building purely because they haven't fixed persistence yet. I don't really regard dayz as a base building game, it certainly never started out like that. Yes, it will be nice to do some base building when they sort it out, but I'm in no rush. 

Can't remember the last time I was killed by a zombie so can't really comment on that. Frame rate rarely drops for me. I sometimes get that audio lag on certain areas of big cities briefly. 

So, no, I don't experience anything game breaking particularly. But do go on if you're able. I played for three hours earlier today on a full server in berezino and the surrounding environs without any issue other than ten seconds of audio lag upon entering the outskirts of the town. 

6 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You must be playing a different version to me, I am aware of some issues with the game but you make it sound unplayable. What particular issues are you having? 

Where to start, how about FPS drop especially while driving a car, the fact that once you get sick you may as well eat a bullet. Server hopping into bases and combat logging. The constant server crashes that makes creating a base a complete waste of time. Or what about every Tom dick and Harry duplicating everything that they can get their hands on. That’s just a few of the things that I’m not happen about but there is plenty more. The performance of the game has gone down hill since release and the BI say that they may be able to fix many of the problems over time. I’ll believe that when I see it.

1 hour ago, Jackel said:

Where to start, how about FPS drop especially while driving a car, the fact that once you get sick you may as well eat a bullet. Server hopping into bases and combat logging. The constant server crashes that makes creating a base a complete waste of time. Or what about every Tom dick and Harry duplicating everything that they can get their hands on. That’s just a few of the things that I’m not happen about but there is plenty more. The performance of the game has gone down hill since release and the BI say that they may be able to fix many of the problems over time. I’ll believe that when I see it.

Which of these issues is new to dayz? Did you research the game before buying it? Most of the issues you're talking about are mostly based around bases and vehicles. The core game runs extremely well though. This is still a very playable survival game. All the other stuff you're taking about is still in the early stages of development. Like I said, this game was never originally a base building game. Maybe they'll figure out the base issues further down the line. Personally I'm not too bothered about that aspect. I'm more interested in player interaction rather than hoarding loot. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 5:23 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well I don't really bother with base building purely because they haven't fixed persistence yet. I don't really regard dayz as a base building game, it certainly never started out like that. Yes, it will be nice to do some base building when they sort it out, but I'm in no rush. 

Can't remember the last time I was killed by a zombie so can't really comment on that. Frame rate rarely drops for me. I sometimes get that audio lag on certain areas of big cities briefly. 

The first part only goes to prove my point.

And if you don't got problems with frame-rate drops, the game crashing (and by that a serious chance of getting killed) and audio-lag in electro/cherno (mainly, but also other places) then I dont know what to say that either you are on in a million or understating your problems to try to prove your point - because _literally_ everyone I speak to in-game got exactly the same problem.

8 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

The first part only goes to prove my point.

And if you don't got problems with frame-rate drops, the game crashing (and by that a serious chance of getting killed) and audio-lag in electro/cherno (mainly, but also other places) then I dont know what to say that either you are on in a million or understating your problems to try to prove your point - because _literally_ everyone I speak to in-game got exactly the same problem.

I don't really feel there is any point to prove. It's not a contest. I remember first playing Subnautica and a couple of hours in, the frame rate was so low that I couldn't catch fish and kept dying of starvation. I stopped playing for a while and waited for an update. Each update didn't fix the issue. One day I wiped it off my drive and reinstalled and it ran perfectly.

I don't really know why I'm recounting this story, I don't imagine that the same issue is happening with dayz. I imagine people suffering from poor frame rates have tried reinstalling? I remember Nikoor posting a clip up at nwaf with very poor frame rates. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm not even saying it doesn't happen to me, but I really wasn't exaggerating when I said I get occasional audio lag in certain parts of certain cities. I haven't experienced any issues yet that have stopped me playing the game. I'm not interested in base building. I have Ark and other games to get that fix. Dayz was never about that for me but I understand that obviously some people do want that.

My point is simply that when people state the game is broken because one aspect isn't working properly yet, due to it being in early access still, then I feel that they are the ones exaggerating. Or at least, spitting their dummies out. If the game is, in their honest opinion, so bad as to be unplayable, then the answer is simply don't play it until they fix those issues.

There are a lot of threads which are purely rants without any real critical value, lack of assault rifles being a classic. Or someone shot me even though I waved at them etc etc. Yes, the game has bugs. Show me one that doesn't. People just need to learn a little patience. 

Patience is fine, and in many case warranted - but so is constructive criticism.

I totally agree in that way too many of the threads in here is just a mish-mash of the same old story - but as long as the devs are not giving more information about what is actually happening and how the road-map looks then that will not change.

And as long as there are so many really game-wrecking bugs and problems (as listed in this thread and in many others, if you don't get them then I can only say that you are a really, really, really, really lucky player) then it will stay that way as all the people that actually love this game (or loves what it has the potential to be) will be left in a never-ending state of disbelief and want.

I don't get this idea that the devs don't give info about what's going on. I'd say they are pretty transparent. Especially as far as console players are concerned. The game goes through experimental stage to stable then to console. We can see well in advance what's coming. Most game companies tell you nothing aside from sales promo. 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't get this idea that the devs don't give info about what's going on. I'd say they are pretty transparent. Especially as far as console players are concerned. The game goes through experimental stage to stable then to console. We can see well in advance what's coming. Most game companies tell you nothing aside from sales promo. 

Save your breath,  the guy is determined to be unhappy and complain no matter what. In my opinion it’s the people who either suck at the game or are upset that Dayz isn’t a COD/Fortnite/H1Z1 clone that bitch the most. Base building is what he’s most upset about apparently except I kind of feel like the implementation of base building by the Devs was just so the fortnite whinners would shut up. Dayz, at least for me, was always meant to be a roaming survival game which is why the map is gigantic. Why would you want to take what makes the game great and reduce it down to “I’m just going to camp and only engage when someone comes around?” Of course the game seems boring or the occasional bug or glitch  makes it seem unplayable to players like that because their playstyle isn’t really suited for a game that isn’t super 100% high pace with an every man for himself within an ever shrinking safety zone vibe to it. One of my biggest fears with Dayz is someone high up will be like “what if we completely ruin what makes the game fun and unique and turn it into yet another version of  H1z1 where instead of a realistic survival experience where one can choose to be a passive non-combative player role playing as if it were actually him out there, and just force everyone into yet another game of king of the mountain?” 

This guys’ gripes especially what he’s mainly griping about are indicative of someone who honestly probably should just play something else where not much thought other than what gun should I have is Involved .

He’ll just continue to argue no matter what you say because he’s determined to be upset. 

Edited by HiroCheeseMuh1
  • Thanks 1

They said on Twitter the next update on Xbox One will be on par with the current 1.01 update on PC (along several xbox only fixes).

I guess they are skipping 1.0 and going straigh to 1.01 ?

I have been following this game since its conception as a Arma 2 mod, I realize that pc players have got the shit end of the stick for eons. But don't fail to realize please, that even though the pc community has been neglected, does NOT give them the right to put their high horse supremacy bullshit on console players. We all deserve to play Dayz. Life isnt fair, get over it. On a side note, BI makes horrendously buggy games, look at Op. Flashpoint (Arma) but yet they are one of a kind, fun, deep and the devs are always improving them. Dayz on xbox is $10 worth of bugs and another $20 worth of adrenaline pumping fun. I have faith in the devs. Finally, I know not everyone is like this, but take it easy on the new players, they don't deserve to get thrown under the bus just because they are aggravated at the games clear flaws and steep learning curve. Id hate to see this community exceed R6 or For Honor tier toxicity - exactly why I stay off any forum. Still its disheartening.

3 hours ago, Zech McManis said:

I realize that pc players have got the shit end of the stick for eons

duh ?

On 2/12/2019 at 8:24 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

It'll never be complete. It's been in development hell for how many years now?

You people are hilariously delusional.

BI working hard? Every patch breaks something in the game. Dafuq are you on... 

Fucking dev didn't even know how to put something on a stick lmao, but they're dedicated. Foh...

Literally the only dev I've ever seen break their game with every patch. 

Smh kids these dayz...

If BI waited until the game was "complete" before releasing it, you all would be bitching about it taking too long.  They put out a fairly decent "working" version to give everyone a taste, and STILL you bitch about it.  If BI was able to magically, overnight, get the game to 100% in functionality, but didn't have, say, an option to choose your character, you would still complain.  I don't think you have any idea how complex this game is.  I don't see YOU writing code for the game.  If you think you can do better, what are you waiting for? Those who can, DO......those who CAN'T, become critics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1