Sign in to follow this  
Niklas Janson

Suppressor sounds

Have you not researched how a suppressor works? If you put a suppressor at a rifle it will still make a big bang when shooting, not get stealthy quiet.
If you want to go subsonic, you should also change the bullet speed to propper value and ballistics that works with that.

how it is now is just silly.

2 hours ago, Niklas Janson said:

Have you not researched how a suppressor works? If you put a suppressor at a rifle it will still make a big bang when shooting, not get stealthy quiet.
If you want to go subsonic, you should also change the bullet speed to propper value and ballistics that works with that.

Nope, you do not get a big bang, you get a small sharp snap when a supersonic bullet passes after being fired from a suppressed weapon. Not saying I've tried id because it's super illegal here but...

Firing supersonic from a suppressed weapon unless you're very close to the gun you will not hear the gun go bang and if you do it doesn't sound like a gunshot anymore just a pop and whizz sound as the bullet passes if it's reasonably close to you, it is way harder to tell where the shot originated especially if there's background noise and flat surfaces to propagate and echo.

3 hours ago, Niklas Janson said:

they went to a shooting range and recorded those sounds IRL.

since you wont have the loud sounds realistically loud for obvious reasons, gun sounds lack some dynamics (normal loud sounds are barely quieter than loud and super loud sounds), especially when you are close.

BUT the sounds are authentic.

anyhow. opposed as hollywood teaches us, suppressors don't make guns inaudible at ranges above a few meters.

13 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

Anyhow, seems to me at least some of the silenced/suppressed guns are broken in game, so OP got his wish really...

The bit I've tried I figure why bother, sure the infected should alert to the point the projectile was the closest to them but they should not run right to the origin point of the shot as if you just went loud.

Ok, i have a suppressed huntingrifle .308 and you can hear that shot from atleast a kilometer away. not subsonic ammo

i have a suppressed .22 that you dont here more then the sharp snap.