bandito6000

Stone Fireplace

I see that it's now possible to mine large stones from certain rocks. Has anyone tried crafting with these yet? 

*update*  (it takes 8 large stones to craft an upgraded fireplace. Once the stones are placed in a circle you have the option to craft a stove.)

Edited by bandito6000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It works now? 

Edited by Man Parts 241
Using pickaxes to mine stones I mean. If so, you can mine stones from any rock/boulder you find

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

It works now? 

Yeah mining is in. It does a number on your axe though. Also I've noticed not all rocks can be mined

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 2/10/2019 at 5:20 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

It works now? 

Just tried this last night. You can mine large rocks from pretty much any boulder/rock on the ground. (with a pickaxe of course)

I'n order to make a Stone circle/ Stone oven You have to craft a fireplace and equip/move the rocks to it.

Its apparently 4 rocks for a circle and 8 rocks for a stove
https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Fireplace
After you have a fireplace with a stone circle and 8 stones you can hold RT to craft the oven. 

You can equip a cooking pot to the stone oven

You can use a cooking tripod with stone circle

Now with that being said I couldn't get either the circle or the oven to light. When I tried building it on a lit fire it wouldn't build. I don't know how I messed it up but when my fire burnt out the ashes were still making the "Fire place noise" .

In my opinion, the best way to cook is to carry a gas stove. It only weighs 12 pounds with all three components and you can store 12 pounds of items in it. 

EDIT: After trying again, I was able to light the stone oven with a matchbook. The hand drill kit didn't work for me.

@Man Parts 241 I answered your question did I not? Would you mind explaining why this constitutes "beans"? 

Note to self: I'm just about done with these shitty people on this forum. It's not enough that they've ruined the game. they have to come on here and ruin the forum too. 

I come here to read stories, give and get help with the game.

I don't come here to have my every word scrutinized. 

If you don't like something I said in the past that should be the end of it. Grow up and get over it. Don't downvote helpful post's because you don't like the person who posted it. 

If i post something hateful or irrelevant give me hell for it, Ban me!

(This is within the realm of relevancy, IMO)

But when I'm trying to help today. Don't bring up yesterdays problems. 

No offence directed at you personally. This has been happening a lot lately. I just don't understand your judgement and it makes me jump to the conclusion that your hating on my posts for no reason.

It's cliche but: "Stop the drama. Make the forum great again!"

Edited by PEACE_543
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

It's not persistant by the way.

I builded a circled fireplace (4 rocks) and it disapeared half a day later (with the cooking tripod and cooking pot attached :s )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2019 at 6:28 PM, PEACE_543 said:

Just tried this last night. You can mine large rocks from pretty much any boulder/rock on the ground. (with a pickaxe of course)

I'n order to make a Stone circle/ Stone oven You have to craft a fireplace and equip/move the rocks to it.

Its apparently 4 rocks for a circle and 8 rocks for a stove
https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Fireplace
After you have a fireplace with a stone circle and 8 stones you can hold RT to craft the oven. 

You can equip a cooking pot to the stone oven

You can use a cooking tripod with stone circle

Now with that being said I couldn't get either the circle or the oven to light. When I tried building it on a lit fire it wouldn't build. I don't know how I messed it up but when my fire burnt out the ashes were still making the "Fire place noise" .

In my opinion, the best way to cook is to carry a gas stove. It only weighs 12 pounds with all three components and you can store 12 pounds of items in it. 

EDIT: After trying again, I was able to light the stone oven with a matchbook. The hand drill kit didn't work for me.

@Man Parts 241 I answered your question did I not? Would you mind explaining why this constitutes "beans"? 

Note to self: I'm just about done with these shitty people on this forum. It's not enough that they've ruined the game. they have to come on here and ruin the forum too. 

I come here to read stories, give and get help with the game.

I don't come here to have my every word scrutinized. 

If you don't like something I said in the past that should be the end of it. Grow up and get over it. Don't downvote helpful post's because you don't like the person who posted it. 

If i post something hateful or irrelevant give me hell for it, Ban me!

(This is within the realm of relevancy, IMO)

But when I'm trying to help today. Don't bring up yesterdays problems. 

No offence directed at you personally. This has been happening a lot lately. I just don't understand your judgement and it makes me jump to the conclusion that your hating on my posts for no reason.

It's cliche but: "Stop the drama. Make the forum great again!"

Off topic but I wasn't aware that beans were a down vote. I've seen countless posts of people telling interesting stories at the heart of the dayz experience, and the reactions tend to all be beans and likes. Also, when someone gives you beans it adds to your reputation score, but when given the confused symbol there is no change. Positive or negative.  It seems counter productive for a down vote system to effect your reputation positively.   Clarification would be appreciated

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

14 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

Clarification would be appreciated

I just don't want to end up with the title of "Bean King"

It adds digits to your reputation score? I thought beans counted as neutral (+0)? 
Nope you're right (I beaned ya)

I personally use it to call out misleading or obnoxious posts. 

It's just that when you help someone you expect positive feedback. 

Not beans thrown in your face.

Maybe its just me but it kinda takes the fun outta posting anything on here. I mean. Do you want to help someone who doesn't appreciate it?  At first maybe, but it starts to seem pretty pointless.

3 minutes ago, PEACE_543 said:

I think technically these are Beanz
Citation : The highest honor and notation and admiration and general OKness as well as nobility honour and awe and more admiration and agreement & etc that can be bestowed on one player by another : BEANZ

Edited by pilgrim*
The way it is
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

Haha.  Yea, beans are generally given when someone likes something you say.  It's pretty irrelevant, honestly.  It also has no bearing on the title you acquire.  At 500 posts you get the title of Bean King, which you can then edit, if you wish.

Also, try using the Sledge Hammer on certain rocks.  This works on the PC version.

Edited by Parazight
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

On 2/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, PEACE_543 said:

Smfh

X/

Edited by Man Parts 241
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, PEACE_543 said:

I just don't want to end up with the title of "Bean King"

It adds digits to your reputation score? I thought beans counted as neutral (+0)? 
Nope you're right (I beaned ya)

I personally use it to call out misleading or obnoxious posts. 

It's just that when you help someone you expect positive feedback. 

Maybe its just me but it kinda takes the fun outta posting anything on here. I mean. Do you want to help someone who doesn't appreciate it?  At first maybe, but it starts to seem pretty pointless.

Beanz are a good thing. Why would you think it's bad? Beanz keep you alive in-game. I'm so lost lol

Still smfh...

• Haha 1

I can feel the sarcasm pulsing through this thread.

14 hours ago, Parazight said:

At 500 posts you get the title of Bean King, which you can then edit, if you wish.

I did not know that. I'm far from 500 posts. Thanks for the "Inzight". (Sorry I had to)

16 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Beanz

If "beanz" are just another way of agreeing with someone then there's really no way to disagree.

Other than being sad and confused.

I read alot of things I disagree with that don't make me sad or confused. 

Without a negative vote: How am I supposed to accurately convey my opinion?

Whats the point of a voting system if you can only vote one way? 

You have no choice.

7 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Beanz keep you alive in-game.

If I had a nickle for every time I've been attacked by a fresh spawn wielding a can of beans (or other non-perishables): I wouldn't have to play on a "One S".

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PEACE_543 said:

If "beanz" are just another way of agreeing with someone then there's really no way to disagree.

Yes - a while ago I suggested a Burlap Sack to use in the forum, when folk talked cr@p.

Regarding the 'beanz' issue:

Since back in 2012, beans has been a way of saying 'thank you', 'good post', 'I agree' and such, with a single button press. It gives positive forum reputation, and it's a friendly gesture. For a short while, way back when, we had a button for giving negative forum rep too, it was represented by an empty tin can if I remember correctly. Let's just say it didn't work out so well, lots of conflicts over tin cans back then. After that was sorted, we had only 'Beanz'.

In the newest iteration of the forums, you have different options for reacting to posts. I'm not sure I like that, but it is what it is. That aside, beans mean the same thing they always did.

I hope that clarifies it some.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 4

29 minutes ago, Max Planck said:

Regarding the 'beanz' issue:

Since back in 2012, beans has been a way of saying 'thank you', 'good post', 'I agree' and such, with a single button press. It gives positive forum reputation, and it's a friendly gesture. For a short while, way back when, we had a button for giving negative forum rep too, it was represented by an empty tin can if I remember correctly. Let's just say it didn't work out so well, lot's of conflicts over tin cans back then. After that was sorted, we had only 'Beanz'.

In the newest iteration of the forums, you have different options for reacting to posts. I'm not sure I like that, but it is what it is. That aside, beans mean the same thing they always did.

I hope that clarifies it some.

Had to give beans for this one 😂

20 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

The oven looks awesome btw.

Riiiiight. I'll build a stove even though i don't have a pot just because it looks cool

• Haha 1

Back to the topic of ovens: Did anyone know that you can equip a fireplace to the wood stoves found in certain houses?
HjWTx0T.png

The smoke even comes out the chimney!

ztTpHrF.png

• Like 1

I didn't know about the smoke either, thanks for sharing! May have some potential for sending signals or luring unsuspecting folks into houses. 

• Like 1