Sign in to follow this  
eno

Leather sewing kits, sewing kits, duct tape...

All of them seem to be disappearing on me after a single use. I submitted a bug report on this about a week ago thinking it was only those items that I picked up without putting in my inventory but now it’s anything I use whether it’s given to me, picked up off the ground and used immediately, picked out of my inventory and used on items I take off or leave on.  

I tried a file integrity check (which turned up nothing that I can tell) but it kept happening.

Anyone else having similar issues?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Yep, had the same issue a few times. I thought at first it was tied to severity of damage of the item your trying to fix (the more it's damaged = more of the kit it would use) but it's not.. seems to happen randomly.

19 minutes ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Yep, had the same issue a few times. I thought at first it was tied to severity of damage of the item your trying to fix (the more it's damaged = more of the kit it would use) but it's not.. seems to happen randomly.

EXACTLY... Fool me once shame on me but when brand new kits are evaporating after a a single use on damaged equipment something else is afoot. Strangely I can get people to fix my stuff and it doesn't impact them yet every time my current guy touches these things they disappear.

The thing is, it was happening to me also, until I started taking the sewing kit or duct tape in my hands, THEN using it to fix clothes, backpack or craft bottle suppressors. 

Never disappeared on me after that. Yes, it's a bug, but there's an easy workaround.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

if I fix something then: I can only improve one level. (badly damaged> damaged >> next try >> damaged to worn.

That means I needed 2 unit-packets from the repair kit, but each item seems to have its own amount of repair points.

2 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

The thing is, it was happening to me also, until I started taking the sewing kit or duct tape in my hands, THEN using it to fix clothes, backpack or craft bottle suppressors. 

Never disappeared on me after that. Yes, it's a bug, but there's an easy workaround.

This is my procedure haven't had a problem, was making my way back south to where I can find sewing kits and stuff will try the other way today on my EXP client/server.

3 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Okay that's good to know- I'll do that from now on. Thanks Odin! 

• Beans 1