lonewolfgaming

Community Online Tools

I am trying to get the Community Online Tools to work on my personal server and I am having issues getting it to work. I have added the required mod folders and created the folders and file for the profiles folder. Here is how I have my bat file to start the server. Is this the correct way to have it? This info is on line 2 of my bat file, no other wording:

start DayZServer_x64.exe "-mod=@RPCFramework;@PermissionsFramework;@CommunityOnlineTools" -config=serverDZ.cfg -port=2302 -noFilePatching -scrAllowFileWrite -NoLogs

You'll need a command for the profiles folder, for example: 

start DayZServer_x64.exe "-mod=@RPCFramework;@Permissions-Framework;@Community-Online-Tools" -scrAllowFileWrite -filePatching -config=server.cfg -port=2302 "-profiles=D:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\ServerProfile"

I don't know if you need the quotes, probably not.

Edited by SmashT

SmashT, thanks for the info. Added that and the server placed a few JSON files in the community online tools folder and text docs in the Permissions roles folder and a JSON file with my player id in the players folder. I changed the info under roles to admin from everyone, but still not able to use the tools. I also tried adding in the permissions folder a txt, PLAYER and JSON file with the admin info, but still not. I think it is something small I am missing.

17 hours ago, lonewolfgaming said:

SmashT, thanks for the info. Added that and the server placed a few JSON files in the community online tools folder and text docs in the Permissions roles folder and a JSON file with my player id in the players folder. I changed the info under roles to admin from everyone, but still not able to use the tools. I also tried adding in the permissions folder a txt, PLAYER and JSON file with the admin info, but still not. I think it is something small I am missing.

Do you get any errors or anything? Are the mods loaded in DayZLauncher? Maybe post your bat and screenshot of server folders so we can see if there's any obvious issues?

Edited by SmashT

On 2/10/2019 at 9:59 PM, lonewolfgaming said:

do you have discord maybe i can help you

11 minutes ago, lonewolfgaming said:

don't have discord

ok so i will explain the folder structures for you best i can

in your server directory you need a profiles folder in that you should have CommunityOnlineTools and in that folder you should have

ProfileFolder\CommunityOnlineTools                                                       3 files 2 folders see below for the folders you need

ProfileFolder\CommunityOnlineTools\GameModule_BaseBuilding\         / with 7 files

ProfileFolder\CommunityOnlineTools\GameModule_Vehicles               / 1 file

In you PermissionsFramework folder you should have 3 folders and they should be

ProfileFolder\PermissionsFramework\Permissions               /with your admin txt files i will post the permissions at the bottom of the post so the correct id for the admins will be there steam id and this is a text file with the name of there steam id so for example 76561198345624116.txt

ProfileFolder\PermissionsFramework\PermissionsFramework\Roles            / no text files

ProfileFolder\PermissionsFramework\Players                            /this will list all players that connect to your server

hopefully you can understand this 😄 if not ile try help you more

Admin 2
Admin.Player 2
Admin.Player.Read 2
Admin.Player.Ban 2
Admin.Player.Kick 2
Admin.Player.Godmode 2
Admin.Player.Spectate 2
Admin.Player.Set 2
Admin.Player.Set.Health 2
Admin.Player.Set.Shock 2
Admin.Player.Set.Blood 2
Admin.Player.Set.Energy 2
Admin.Player.Set.Water 2
Admin.Player.Set.HeatComfort 2
Admin.Player.Set.Wet 2
Admin.Player.Set.Tremor 2
Admin.Player.Set.Stamina 2
Admin.Player.Set.LastShaved 2
Admin.Player.Set.BloodyHands 2
Admin.Player.Transport 2
Admin.Player.Transport.Kick 2
Admin.Player.Transport.Repair 2
Admin.Player.Teleport 2
Admin.Player.Teleport.ToMe 2
Admin.Player.Teleport.MeTo 2
Admin.Permissions 2
COT 2
COT.Show 2
Object 2
Object.Spawn 2
Object.Spawn.Position 2
Object.Spawn.Inventory 2
Teleport 2
Teleport.Cursor 2
Teleport.Predefined 2
CameraTools 2
CameraTools.EnterCamera 2
CameraTools.LeaveCamera 2
CameraTools.UpdateNetworkBubble 2
Game 2
Game.ChangeAimingMode 2
Game.ThrowApple 2
Game.Spawn 2
Game.Spawn.Vehicle 2
Game.Spawn.Vehicle.OffroadHatchback 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Platform 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Gate 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Gate.Wood 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Gate.Metal 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Fence 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Fence.Metal 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Fence.Wood 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Watchtower 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Watchtower.Wood 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Watchtower.Metal 2
Weather 2
Weather.SetDate 2
Weather.SetWindFunctionParams 2
Weather.SetOvercast 2
Weather.SetFog 2
Weather.SetRain 2
Weather.SetStorm 2

Edited by mrwolv

18 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

ok so i will explain the folder structures for you best i can

in your server directory you need a profiles folder in that you should have CommunityOnlineTools and in that folder you should have

ProfileFolder\CommunityOnlineTools                                                       3 files 2 folders see below for the folders you need

ProfileFolder\CommunityOnlineTools\GameModule_BaseBuilding\         / with 7 files

ProfileFolder\CommunityOnlineTools\GameModule_Vehicles               / 1 file

In you PermissionsFramework folder you should have 3 folders and they should be

ProfileFolder\PermissionsFramework\Permissions               /with your admin txt files i will post the permissions at the bottom of the post so the correct id for the admins will be there steam id and this is a text file with the name of there steam id so for example 76561198345624116.txt

ProfileFolder\PermissionsFramework\PermissionsFramework\Roles            / no text files

ProfileFolder\PermissionsFramework\Players                            /this will list all players that connect to your server

hopefully you can understand this 😄 if not ile try help you more

Admin 2
Admin.Player 2
Admin.Player.Read 2
Admin.Player.Ban 2
Admin.Player.Kick 2
Admin.Player.Godmode 2
Admin.Player.Spectate 2
Admin.Player.Set 2
Admin.Player.Set.Health 2
Admin.Player.Set.Shock 2
Admin.Player.Set.Blood 2
Admin.Player.Set.Energy 2
Admin.Player.Set.Water 2
Admin.Player.Set.HeatComfort 2
Admin.Player.Set.Wet 2
Admin.Player.Set.Tremor 2
Admin.Player.Set.Stamina 2
Admin.Player.Set.LastShaved 2
Admin.Player.Set.BloodyHands 2
Admin.Player.Transport 2
Admin.Player.Transport.Kick 2
Admin.Player.Transport.Repair 2
Admin.Player.Teleport 2
Admin.Player.Teleport.ToMe 2
Admin.Player.Teleport.MeTo 2
Admin.Permissions 2
COT 2
COT.Show 2
Object 2
Object.Spawn 2
Object.Spawn.Position 2
Object.Spawn.Inventory 2
Teleport 2
Teleport.Cursor 2
Teleport.Predefined 2
CameraTools 2
CameraTools.EnterCamera 2
CameraTools.LeaveCamera 2
CameraTools.UpdateNetworkBubble 2
Game 2
Game.ChangeAimingMode 2
Game.ThrowApple 2
Game.Spawn 2
Game.Spawn.Vehicle 2
Game.Spawn.Vehicle.OffroadHatchback 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Platform 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Gate 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Gate.Wood 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Gate.Metal 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Fence 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Fence.Metal 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Fence.Wood 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Watchtower 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Watchtower.Wood 2
Game.Spawn.BaseBuilding.Watchtower.Metal 2
Weather 2
Weather.SetDate 2
Weather.SetWindFunctionParams 2
Weather.SetOvercast 2
Weather.SetFog 2
Weather.SetRain 2
Weather.SetStorm 2

that is what I have in my profiles folder. After I first ran it two txt files came up in roles, admin and everyone. What I think I was doing wrong was just getting onto my server using dayz instead of going through the launcher. I just tried again through launcher with the three mods checked and when I try to get onto the server I get kicked. Here is what the kicked errors show:

19:57:01 Player Survivor (xxxxxxxx) kicked from server: 9 (F:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!Workshop\@Community-Online-Tools\addons\gui.pbo)
19:57:01 Player Survivor (xxxxxxxx) kicked from server: 9 (F:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!Workshop\@Community-Online-Tools\addons\scripts.pbo)
19:57:01 Player Survivor (xxxxxxxx) kicked from server: 9 (F:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!Workshop\@Permissions-Framework\addons\scripts.pbo)
19:57:01 Player Survivor (xxxxxxxx) kicked from server: 9 (F:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!Workshop\@RPCFramework\addons\scripts.pbo)

8 minutes ago, lonewolfgaming said:

that is what I have in my profiles folder. After I first ran it two txt files came up in roles, admin and everyone. What I think I was doing wrong was just getting onto my server using dayz instead of going through the launcher. I just tried again through launcher with the three mods checked and when I try to get onto the server I get kicked. Here is what the kicked errors show:

19:57:01 Player Survivor (xxxxxxxx) kicked from server: 9 (F:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!Workshop\@Community-Online-Tools\addons\gui.pbo)
19:57:01 Player Survivor (xxxxxxxx) kicked from server: 9 (F:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!Workshop\@Community-Online-Tools\addons\scripts.pbo)
19:57:01 Player Survivor (xxxxxxxx) kicked from server: 9 (F:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!Workshop\@Permissions-Framework\addons\scripts.pbo)
19:57:01 Player Survivor (xxxxxxxx) kicked from server: 9 (F:\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\!Workshop\@RPCFramework\addons\scripts.pbo)

that looks like the launcher is not loading the mods which launcher are you using try this  http://www.dayzsalauncher.com/#/home 

it will auto enable mods and download them if the mods dont appear under the server name give it 5 mins then close and reopen the launcher untill they appear

i dont run my server in my steam folder as you dont need steam to run a server so i have my profile folder in my server folder

Edited by mrwolv

I use DayZSALauncher when I get on other servers, but mine is just on my personal computer as a test server for now, doesn't come up through the DayZSALauncher

have you forwarded your ports on your router and pc    2302-2312 upd/tcp and 27016 tcp/udp this is why it is not showing up the reason you need ports 2302-2312 is the launcher mod you need on will jump 10 ports higher to use the mod feature also you need to add this in to your server folder http://dayzsalauncher.com/releases/dzsalmodserver.zip

when you have done that adjust your bat file to say the following just add your battleyepath and profile folder path and your ip

start DZSALModServer.exe -ip=YOURIP -port=2302 -config=serverDZ.cfg  -dologs -adminlog -scrAllowFileWrite -scriptdebug=true -profiles= SERVERPROFILEPATH "-mod=@RPCFramework;@PermissionsFramework;@CommunityOnlineTools" -BEpath=BATTLEYEPATH -dayzserver=DayZServer_x64.exe

Edited by mrwolv

7 hours ago, Killerfeed said:

I take this thread to comment on an error that I have in my dedicated server.

If I put the line "-mod = @ RPCFramework; @ Permissions-Framework; @ Community-Online-Tools" in my start bat and activate the mods, I get the following error:

https://gyazo.com/fa412eacac92da4ae2866a2171eafeb3

try that command line as you has spaces between them also make sure you have added the new key to the keys folder from the  @Community-Online-Tools

"-mod=@RPCFramework;@Permissions-Framework;@Community-Online-Tools"