nhow7108

Lack of M4s and AKMs due to bug

Currently, if a gun is picked up or stashed, it will no longer spawn. This bug is effecting the AKM and M4 the most right now which makes PVP the only viable way of getting your hands on either gun. The bug doesn't effect ammo or attachments.

If I'm reading it right ones hoarded in tents and barrels or other containers count against the total allowed on the map, not a bug, a feature?

<type name="AKM">
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <lifetime>10800</lifetime>
        <restock>1800</restock>
        <min>7</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="1" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

<type name="M4A1">
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <restock>1800</restock>
        <min>7</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="1" count_in_hoarder="1" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

If I'm reading it right ones hoarded in tents and barrels or other containers count against the total allowed on the map, not a bug, a feature?

<type name="AKM">
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <restock>1800</restock>
        <min>7</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

<type name="M4A1">
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <restock>1800</restock>
        <min>7</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

The devs said its a bug and they are looking into it.

I cant seem to find where they acknowledge this bug but i do know for sure that i saw it somewhere. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nhow7108 said:

The devs said its a bug and they are looking into it.

You must be new? The devs say a lot of shit like "soon", lol.

That says count ones in storage against the number allowed on the map, nothing to look into, if they bump the total allowed the extras will still just end up hoarded. If they don't count ones in storage, the amount horded will get huge and you might find one but probably get killed by the hoarders trying to.

They are supposed to be rare but hoppers and clans get them all on public servers.

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

You must be new? The devs say a lot of shit like "soon", lol.

That says count ones in storage against the number allowed on the map, nothing to look into, if they bump the total allowed the extras will still just end up hoarded. If they don't count ones in storage, the amount horded will get huge and you might find one but probably get killed by the hoarders trying to.

They are supposed to be rare but hoppers and clans get them all on public servers.

Not new. Been playing since .61. I know they say alot of stuff but they didnt say they would fix anything soon. 

29 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

Not new. Been playing since .61. I know they say alot of stuff but they didnt say they would fix anything soon. 

I rage quit a year and a half ago because I was tired of waiting for the game to be done soon, thought it was funny that they made big progress in what they're charging for 1.0 without even temperature and diseases we had in the .6X versions.

As far as your OP the m4 and akm can't be rare if everyone can get one.

You know as well as I do how they're acquired and handled, how would you fix the problem and still have them be rare?

They did a livestream some days ago (especifically for the xbox version)

The lack of loot is because of dupping, they confirmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarczXD320 said:

They did a livestream some days ago (especifically for the xbox version)

The lack of loot is because of dupping, they confirmed.

The lack of loot if you're talking tier top guns is because the count of of those guns in storage on the map equals the threshold where they don't spawn, duping or not this threshold will be hit after a some up-time if we have persistent storage and server hopping. 

Like those lines of code I posted say, if there are 10 m4s on the map spawned, and in containers total, none will spawn to replace, if they up it to 50 they will still all end up hoarded, it will just take a little longer..

It's an easy fix to make them available but it makes the tier system pointless if rare items are not rare?

The reason it's not fixed is because fixing it for the complainers who want it ti be fair doesn't work with core game mechanics like scarcity.

Don't worry you guys will get mod servers eventually and can just join one where you spawn with a good pew-pew stick or find them on the beach, PC mod servers have that already.

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Don't worry you guys will get mod servers eventually and can just join one where you spawn with a good pew-pew stick or find them on the beach, PC mod servers have that already.

A pew-pew stick lol 

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, BCBasher said:

The lack of loot if you're talking tier top guns is because the count of of those guns in storage on the map equals the threshold where they don't spawn, duping or not this threshold will be hit after a some up-time if we have persistent storage and server hopping. 

Like those lines of code I posted say, if there are 10 m4s on the map spawned, and in containers total, none will spawn to replace, if they up it to 50 they will still all end up hoarded, it will just take a little longer..

It's an easy fix to make them available but it makes the tier system pointless if rare items are not rare?

The reason it's not fixed is because fixing it for the complainers who want it ti be fair doesn't work with core game mechanics like scarcity.

Since the CLE is supposed to work, this is a bug. They confirmed that themselves on the Xbox Mixer Stream, however, it indeed does seem like they changed the code ( since before, it worked fine ).

Player inventory, including stashes doesn't count towards the server limit, but atm, it does have an effect on it.

Edited by xhardcorefishx
Grammar

1 hour ago, xhardcorefishx said:

Since the CLE is supposed to work, this is a bug. They confirmed that themselves on the Xbox Mixer Stream, however, it indeed does seem like they changed the code ( since before, it worked fine ).

Player inventory, including stashes doesn't count towards the server limit, but atm, it does have an effect on it.

No the other guy is right... Because he rage quit a year ago ON PC, so he knows everything about the ins and outs of this game. The devs said otherwise? Doesn't matter. @BCBasher is all knowing and his word is as good if not better than the word of God. Thank the heavens he has floated down from his golden PC gaming chair to shed his light and supreme knowledge to us console peasants... A true hero.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, McPhorce said:

No the other guy is right... Because he rage quit a year ago ON PC, so he knows everything about the ins and outs of this game. The devs said otherwise? Doesn't matter. @BCBasher is all knowing and his word is as good if not better than the word of God. Thank the heavens he has floated down from his golden PC gaming chair to shed his light and supreme knowledge to us console peasants... A true hero.

Look at my post count versus reactions buddy, we only had one reaction when I made most of those, 101% positive?

I used to be pretty in the loop until I got tired of being lied to and told "we're working on it", you guys will figure it out too.

I showed the fucking code from my EXP version which will be your next update and explained how it works.

Put M4 in the search and read post from 2 years ago, the PC PVP crowd already beat that dead horse to death an got told it was a feature, good luck guys. 

Edited by BCBasher

16 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

"we're working on it"

they're working on it

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Loot economy - There's some issues they are investigating when items are stashed/stored and aren't being repopulated causing issues where people can't find weapons etc.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

Loot economy - There's some issues they are investigating when items are stashed/stored and aren't being repopulated causing issues where people can't find weapons etc.

Nothing to investigate, they're telling you what you want to hear so you buy the game and tell your friends to. 

It is literally changing a few numbers in the code snipet I shared. 

You think I'm kidding two years ago they were handing out forum bans for saying them being hard to find was a bug, now they changed their story to snow the influx of console players.

**what it's like now**

<type name="M4A1">
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <restock>1800</restock>
        <min>7</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

**"fixed"**

<type name="M4A1">
        <nominal>10</nominal>
        <restock>1800</restock>
        <min>7</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>

See the difference?

That fucking easy but they were/are supposed to be rare but who the fuck knows now. 

Edited by BCBasher

I posted a while back how the CLE works, and for sure, cheaters are screwing it all up.  So, thank you to all fucktards that are DUPING and making it totally impossible to find even a box of 5.56.  I ran through the ENTIRE NWA, and I would like to note that all doors were closed (nobody takes the time to close the doors after they loot), so I know nobody has been in them recently.  Being lucky enough to not run into any unfriendlies, I searched every barrack, every tent, every building, and found nothing but one PSO scope, one M4 mag with 14 rounds in it, and one camo boonie hat.  That was it.  When I first started playing around the beginning of December, I was able to find an AK or M4 on most occasions.  Sure, it took a little time, but I was still able to find one.  Now?  Like I said.....can't even find ammo half the time.

2 hours ago, SurSlaughter said:

My team does. We close all doors after looting.

Yeah I generally do too unless doors are already open. Even then I generally close them. 

Don't see a problem.

I don't have a problem finding weapons, and in a run through tiny mil (on ONE server) yesterday I "ran over" (aka hid in the forest...) 2 x M4, 1 x AK, 1 x FX and one 45mm smg.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Don't see a problem.

I don't have a problem finding weapons, and in a run through tiny mil (on ONE server) yesterday I "ran over" (aka hid in the forest...) 2 x M4, 1 x AK, 1 x FX and one 45mm smg.

I only have issues finding M4s and AKMs. Because of the people who duplicate their stuff and then hoard it, the guns wont spawn.

6 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

I only have issues finding M4s and AKMs. Because of the people who duplicate their stuff and then hoard it, the guns wont spawn.

I've told you why and showed you the code, how is that so hard to understand?

Dupers or not they will get hoarded to the point of not spawning if the CLE is working properly.

People hoarding is legitimate emergent game-play, an apocalyptic situation doesn't not owe you an automatic weapon.

I don't dupe but I totally used to hide all guns I found when i played public, if you don't have them you can't shoot me with them, survival means not dieing, not necessarily killing?

Edited by BCBasher

I understand the code. It currently counts the guns in storage against the total allowed to spawn. Its a 1. It should be a 0.

41 minutes ago, nhow7108 said:

I understand the code. It currently counts the guns in storage against the total allowed to spawn. Its a 1. It should be a 0.

No the 1 is correct you just don't like it, the game I was sold is supposed to have about ten each M4, AKM, SVD, per map because the military bugged out and usually take as much of that stuff as possible specifically to avoid civilians running around with them in a disaster, sometimes a few get forgotten but generally they're taken home or destroyed in the field if it's not practical to move them. What players chose to do with rare items of limited quantity is the emergent gameplay that (is supposed to) makes DayZ different from  other games. You acknowledged in your OP that you can get them by killing another player with one, not my cup of tea but if you want one play the game instead of bitching on here?

Duping is BS don't get me wrong but dedicated hoarders and organised player groups will still get them all, kind of how you "win" at an open ended survival game like this.

PvP players who like this map and that type of play will get that with mods eventually as simply as a server owner changing a 1 to a 0 but for now it would be nice if BI finishes turning a shooter game (the original concept) into a difficult survival game before we worry about turning it back into a shooter game?

• Beans 1

On 2/14/2019 at 2:21 PM, BCBasher said:

No the 1 is correct you just don't like it, the game I was sold is supposed to have about ten each M4, AKM, SVD, per map because the military bugged out and usually take as much of that stuff as possible specifically to avoid civilians running around with them in a disaster, sometimes a few get forgotten but generally they're taken home or destroyed in the field if it's not practical to move them. What players chose to do with rare items of limited quantity is the emergent gameplay that (is supposed to) makes DayZ different from  other games. You acknowledged in your OP that you can get them by killing another player with one, not my cup of tea but if you want one play the game instead of bitching on here?

Duping is BS don't get me wrong but dedicated hoarders and organised player groups will still get them all, kind of how you "win" at an open ended survival game like this.

PvP players who like this map and that type of play will get that with mods eventually as simply as a server owner changing a 1 to a 0 but for now it would be nice if BI finishes turning a shooter game (the original concept) into a difficult survival game before we worry about turning it back into a shooter game?

Every time you defend your stance on this you are assuming that the system is working as intended. The devs even said that the lack of M4's and Ak's is directly influenced by the number of rifles being duped and then stashed, and would work on a solution. Do you even play on console? 

• Beans 1