No One With That Name

How to do you attach a local image to post

Easiest way is probably a service like imgur or tinypic- assuming they can be used... seems to me one of them is allowed and the other isn’t but I can’t remember which is which. 

Youd basically just upload them to the service and use the IMG link provided there directly onto the board or insert it into the “insert other media” for insert image from url... just make sure not to use the code for posting to message boards and then post that link to insert other media. 

Not sure what your level of savvy is so I hope I didn’t just confuse you- if you’re unfamiliar I’ll be a bit more thorough next time around. 

Edited by eno
  • Thanks 1

Linking to a Facebook image works too.

17426314_10206661280570536_6368971896205

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, No One With That Name said:

Seems to be a slight issue with the Discussion Forum.

I have an image... how to do you attach a local image ?

BBcode.

I hate to stick up for the forum theme, but this is operator error on your end. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

BBcode.

I hate to stick up for the forum theme, but this is operator error on your end. 

Instead of blaming the operator...

perhaps provide a little assistance and tell the operator what they are doing wrong.

From what I can see... and from what 2 other replies are stating

- you have to upload the image to an alternate host - then link to it.

• Confused 1

imgur works fine, just use that "insert other media",  that's at bottom right corner of the message editing window and put in your image's URL

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2019 at 7:21 AM, No One With That Name said:

Instead of blaming the operator...

perhaps provide a little assistance and tell the operator what they are doing wrong.

From what I can see... and from what 2 other replies are stating

- you have to upload the image to an alternate host - then link to it.

Instead of blaming the site...

perhaps you can try this...http://bfy.tw/Nt7

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Instead of blaming the site...

perhaps you can try this...http://bfy.tw/Nt7

What I was trying to figure out... was how to upload an image to this specific forum.

Did I know - that feature was not available on this site ? No.

That's why I was asking. I had a screenshot of a bug in the application.

So... I don't really know why you are stating... "Instead of blaming the site"...

because - I never did blamed "the site". I was simply asking a question.

I did however respond to another person... who had a similarly sarcastic non-helpful response.

Thanks for the video though. It was amusing.

Edited by No One With That Name
  • Confused 1

On 2/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, No One With That Name said:

Seems to be a slight issue with the Discussion Forum.

I have an image... how to do you attach a local image ?

1 hour ago, No One With That Name said:

What I was trying to figure out... was how to upload an image to this specific forum.

Did I know - that feature was not available on this site ? No.

That's why I was asking. I had a screenshot of a bug in the application.

So... I don't really know why you are stating... "Instead of blaming the site"...

because - I never did blamed "the site". I was simply asking a question.

I did however respond to another person... who had a similarly sarcastic non-helpful response.

Thanks for the video though. It was amusing.

Almost every single forum doesn't let you upload pictures. Like I'm not being facetious or joking around...very very few sites do that. I can't think of a single site that does it or has let you do it. Reason: it creates unnecessary server load.

Look man, there is a search function up top...you got Google. You're supposed to exhaust those before asking questions. Using the search function is status quo for forums...it's faster for YOU and everybody else. When people like yourself don't do what's expected of them, the people with the real questions can often get overlooked. It's a real thing, trust me.

Look at where you're posting...DayZ General Discussion. Don't you think posting in the Troubleshooting Section or Bug Report section is the proper channel? This is why you're getting the treatment from me, you're being disrespectful to the board.

Yes, you blamed the site as indicated by your initial post...

"Seems to be a slight issue with the Discussion Forum."

I've got several complaints about the site's functionality, legit complaints and they are all in the proper sections.

Summary: Lets keep the complaints legitimate and do what's expected of us. This just isn't a forum with mods and admins, there are devs here who's time is valuable...wasting/abusing it has residual effects on legit users with legit issue.

Thank you.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

@Weyland Yutani - You seem to have a serious anger management issue. Take a pill or something.

You are taking this minor thing way overboard.

Your whole argument (because that's what you are trying to create - an argument)... is based on me saying

""Seems to be a slight issue with the Discussion Forum."... and that's enough justification for you to create a head-on-collision with me ?

How pitiful of a life do you have - that you have bully your way around and act like you are a know-it-all ?

And if you took the time check - you might see I joined this community on January 28th.

Just go away... I was providing feedback about the product. If you don't care about that... nothing I can do.

I had some respect before this. Not now. And you do owe me an apology.

Whether or not you actually provide one is an clear indication of what type of adult you are.

You want to cancel my account ? Go right ahead.

• Confused 1

Upload a static image  to imgur.com

Then when your image is loaded there, right click ON the image and copy THAT image location
( it has an extra  "-i-"  in it )

You can insert that into your post

it's the easiest way of getting your own images onto the forum

IMO

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Upload a static image  to imgur.com

Then when your image is loaded there, right click ON the image and copy THAT image location
( it has an extra  "-i-"  in it )

You can insert that into your post

it's the easiest way of getting your own images onto the forum

IMO

This, this is how it is done.

I'm going to lock this topic as it seems to be going into the widening gyre, and that's no good.

I hope everything was answered to everyone's satisfaction, otherwise my inbox is always open*.

*Answer not guaranteed, also, I take no responsibility for quality of advice.

Edited by Max Planck