I'm just curious, was there ever a hold breath mechanic on pc? I've watched a lot of YouTube over the years and never noticed this. The only steady scoping I've seen is when using a bipod. So I got to thinking, how realistic is it to hold breath and the sway to be completely eliminated? Maybe they should add the bipod instead and this would be a separate item you could find to attach? I find the holding breath idea a little incongruous with the game as it just doesn't seem realistic. Interested to know what other players think and interested in PC players historical knowledge of this feature. 

• Like 1

you mean for day z or for other games?

there is a hold breath feature on Arma 2

In real life, its a part of taking an accurate shot

In games, the sway isnt realistic

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

you mean for day z or for other games?

there is a hold breath feature on Arma 2

In real life, its a part of taking an accurate shot

In games, the sway isnt realistic

No, specifically dayz. I understand what the hold breath feature is designed to do. I just don't think it would completely stop sway in real life unless your an elite trained sniper maybe, as opposed to a hapless survivor. A bipod really would help though. I find it unrealistic in games like battlefield where it completely locks the scope movement. It just seems that every dayz youtuber I've seen has had to cope with sway, waiting for the right moment to shoot. 

Day Z standalone has its roots in Dayz mod which was based on Arma2

Sway in computer games isnt really realistic, and Day z isnt the worst. I dont know battlefield.

In real life, if you want to hit something you will control your breathing. The weapon does stop moving, you have it hard against your shoulder, the strap wrapped around your arm (weapon dependant),  the main issue then to control, is not to snatch the trigger.

It seems to me some gamers know the system and some dont. For the youtubers I dont know, maybe they press it just before the shot . . I dont really watch them that much

The whole reason I enjoy Day z and Arma is because it is that much closer to real life, the whole bullet drop, breathing etc. Its not perfect hence the ballistics discussions you can see here.

Yes you can hold breath, lean, switch shoulders and even unload ammo out of a gun that has a round chambered or a gun with an internal magazine on pc. 

• Like 1

Holding your breath to steady your aim is the one thing i have been waiting for since September on xbox. It should have been there from day 1. Any long distance engagements are impractical right now. I stopped playing until it gets added.

Yes there is hold breath on PC standalone watch RunningManz vids he uses it all the time.

And it needs to be implemented ASAP on console along with leaning.

Best way to shoot at range is to lie down, hold LT roll on your back and shoot through your legs.  Improves steady aim x100

What is known about being able to get in dayz - a way to control "hold breath"?