Sign in to follow this  
chili1496

Recording gameplay

Ok something i do not do is record my gameplay, but in this game i would like to try it out, i have shadowplay installed and pc is more than capable of doing everything i want it too.

Messing round i am able to record the game but i want to know in shadowplay i have mic always on so it picks up my speech at anytime during play is this correct to have it always on?

now what about my buddys who are currently chatting away in game via discord will their banter be captured aswell? unable to test anything at the moment as they are over the pond all tucked up in bed :)

Be sure to check your Shadowplay Settings, you should be able to set your recording sources there.

On 2/5/2019 at 9:43 AM, chili1496 said:

Ok something i do not do is record my gameplay, but in this game i would like to try it out, i have shadowplay installed and pc is more than capable of doing everything i want it too.

Messing round i am able to record the game but i want to know in shadowplay i have mic always on so it picks up my speech at anytime during play is this correct to have it always on?

now what about my buddys who are currently chatting away in game via discord will their banter be captured aswell? unable to test anything at the moment as they are over the pond all tucked up in bed 🙂

I would use OBS with split audio settings.

If that video ^ doesn't work for you, you can find another. I think this kid uses Voice Meter which I think you don't even need anymore. You can just do it in OBS with seperate audio channels. The ^ video will get you in the right area though. I will say I need to drop my game file into Sony Vegas to get the split audio files, for being a editor using Apple it's a pain in the ass.

I used this in the past, but the Matrox codec is a pain as you need to convert to view. It'll get you in the right train of thought though. Jack used to have an OBS video, but he took it down for some reason.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I would use OBS with split audio settings.

If that video ^ doesn't work for you, you can find another. I think this kid uses Voice Meter which I think you don't even need anymore. You can just do it in OBS with seperate audio channels. The ^ video will get you in the right area though. I will say I need to drop my game file into Sony Vegas to get the split audio files, for being a editor using Apple it's a pain in the ass.

I used this in the past, but the Matrox codec is a pain as you need to convert to view. It'll get you in the right train of thought though. Jack used to have an OBS video, but he took it down for some reason.

This pretty much sums it up. Having multiple audio sources with VoiceMeeter is a must. It gives you the option to cut out audio without having to fiddle around with in-game sound, etc. OBS is also a great tool to record. It doesn't really affect your performance either, plus you can use it for streaming as well, if you're into that. I believe you can even do both at the same time. Not sure if I checked out the first video back when I set my OBS up, but I definitely watched the second video.

Edited by IMT

Many thanks for the tips and the guides awesome help.