Sign in to follow this  
kevo1414

Does admin have an option to NOT respawn items for certain time?

I would really like to see server with "No loot respawn" option. For example admin could set time for respawning loot, let's say admin could set that all items will respawn after 60 days. With this option storing items, base building, tents, stashes would make a lot more sense. Just imagine at the beginning of February Chernarus would be full of items but at the end of the april there would be almost nothing because others survivals already took items. Fighting for food would be really a big challange, also traveling would be kind of forced and having a car would mean a huge advantage as it should be. People would start looking for stashes, for groups of people to survive. People might be more willing to help at the end of the month and also this would give you some goal. Can you survive for 2 months?

If this is possible I might host one server like that. So it's possible to manipulate with loot time respawning and would you play on such server?

Also two sub-questions:

Is possible to increase respawn time for character (when you die...)?

Can you increase persistence of a dead body?

Edited by kevo1414

Just imagine what would that bring...At the beginning, you should have made so many difficult decisions such as should I really go first to a military base to get the best gear or should I go first looking for medical supplies? Shit, maybe I should first find a car! No wait! Tents first, then car, then...fuck all this thing, first I need to find someone. In that case we can loot faster and easier.

Edited by kevo1414

Better have an airtight whitelist ready to go before you start.  One player could essentially ruin the entire server within a week.

You would also have to consider natural attrition from zombie and wolf damage to inventories, complete loss of inventories upon death, damage due to firefights, as well as persistence decay of spawned items and the despawn of discarded items upon trading up weapons and inventory management.

It would probably take weeks of trial and error to find all the values you would need to adjust, and even more weeks to test the ratios.
In any case, if you set persistence of spawned items to infinite and persistence of dropped items to 30 days, you'd probably need to reset the server every two or three months at the most.  My bet, is that you'd have no vehicles left after two weeks under the best circumstances, and a serious lack of common items after 6 weeks.

• Beans 1

31 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Better have an airtight whitelist ready to go before you start.  One player could essentially ruin the entire server within a week.

You would also have to consider natural attrition from zombie and wolf damage to inventories, complete loss of inventories upon death, damage due to firefights, as well as persistence decay of spawned items and the despawn of discarded items upon trading up weapons and inventory management.

It would probably take weeks of trial and error to find all the values you would need to adjust, and even more weeks to test the ratios.
In any case, if you set persistence of spawned items to infinite and persistence of dropped items to 30 days, you'd probably need to reset the server every two or three months at the most.  My bet, is that you'd have no vehicles left after two weeks under the best circumstances, and a serious lack of common items after 6 weeks.

Not sure if I understand you correctly because of my broken english but you basically saying there is no chance to see this in the future unless admin makes huge and time consuming changes to item values inside documents?

About your last point. I think 60 days would be ideal but if it isn't you could anyway lower loot respawn timer to something like 30 days. This is not a problem. Also I think it would take more then 6 weeks to struggle with items. But this is just speculation we need to test this in order to know exactly at which day struggling would begin. Also even if your speculation is right...that doesn't mean this is a bad thing. This can mean that the fun part has just arrived 😄 Now it's the time to show your surival skills!

Edited by kevo1414