No One With That Name

Connecting Failed - SUPPORT

17 hours ago, No One With That Name said:

This literally started yesterday. Steam automatically downloaded an update to DayZ (game).

After the update... that's when I started encountered the "Connecting Failed" issue.

I didn't know about the loss of Keyboard / Mouse controls when setting DayZ (game) to Stable. I discovered that - today.

Prior to yesterday... there were no issues. This appears to be an issue / bug with the new DayZ (game) update... as it no longer communicates with DayZ (server) properly.

When checking to what (DayZ) servers are available... my local / dedicated server is visible... pings at 0ms - and selectable.

for some time stable and experimental branches were running the same version.

since the experimental branch got an update, steam installed that update.

as i said, your server is probably running the stable version. so if you want to be able to reliably play on it, you will have to keep the stable branch selected.

not being able to connect to a server running a different version is to be expected and no bug. there are no ways (well, maybe hacks) to connect to a server running a different version.

if you have troubles with the controls, that's a different issue.

i can only guess here, but you should try removing your "DayZ" folder from your windows Documents folder. (usually found at C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents)

Maybe make a backup first,so in case it doesn't work, you other settings aren't lost.

if that doesn't work, you should make a ticket in the feedback tracker.

17 hours ago, No One With That Name said:

I'm still curious that BI / DayZ doesn't have a tech support / bug reporting process ?

i think you missed the first link i provided.

22 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

• Thanks 1

Awesome. I didn't realize the Server had an Experimental version as well.

Have switched the Server to Experimental. And it loads.

However... instant severe Server lag.

So far taking well over a minute for the surrounding environment to load. Maybe a caching issue.

Will keep messing with it.

Now I can get my daily fix ! Thanks again !

• Confused 1