Sign in to follow this  
DenverDeCoY1

Official servers disappearing.

I was getting ready to finish repairing a vehicle on a US 366... server (hosted by Multiplay). As I loaded the last of my parts into the truck, the server crashed. It has not come back online in over 36 hours now. I sure would love to get this vehicle rolling but the server it is on (along with my car parts) has vanished without a trace.

Does anyone have any ideas on how you get Multiplay to restart a bunk server?

29 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Possibly taken to be used as an experimental server. 

Yikes! I can't imagine they would just "take" an official server down to use for testing, spinning up another server shouldn't be that difficult.

15 hours ago, DenverDeCoY1 said:

Yikes! I can't imagine they would just "take" an official server down to use for testing, spinning up another server shouldn't be that difficult.

Whole rafts of 'official' servers have disappeared over the standalone's history. Some go to exp, some don't. Some come back - most don't. GamingDeluxe, Vilayer, etc, just don't exist any more - possibly because the owners/renters/providers see that not enough people are playing. Clearly there was some recognition of this around the start of 1.0 when we got those US and NL servers with the long numbers after them. 

But it's another issue with persistence, as I and other have commented on in the past.

Just to illustrate the point, a further chunk of 'official' servers disappeared after downtime today, including two that I had stashes on.

Im sure they will come back, the one I originally posted about has finally come back after nearly 3 dayz

I'm unsure if this is an issue with the server browser but I have less than 10 official 1PP servers, when before it was easily 5 or 6 times that.

There are the non-official ones of course, and while that's an option, I would like to see the number of 1PP only official servers increased.

You should try out community servers... the people that run them are dedicated to the game and their server and won't take it down or wipe it without real thought.

• Beans 1