Jpisag2

Weapon spawns?

Question

Is it me or are no guns spawning except for handguns and the shotgun? I've been playing religiously everyday putting about 6 to 8 hrs a day in and about 8 to 10 on weekends. I run all over the map hitting as many military bases road blocks and airstrips as I can and in two months of playing I've found 2 m4s and 1 ak. I can find ammo like crazy and mags for these guns but I just can't find the guns. I'm just wondering if this is an issue they are working on or if it's just my luck? I have yet to see any of the guns in the game except for the handguns shotguns and the above mentioned. I know there's more but haven't seen any of them in any spawn point yet.

13 answers to this question

On my server

This weekend, I have walked past six skorpions (picked up one), walked past scores of bk18s(picked up one, dropped it for a mosin -only one seen), lost count of the sg5ks and usg45s I have seen . ...

last week (before I died) I had a KAM (of two seen) and an SVD from a Heli crash and saw two skorpions and innumerable bk18s, sg5ks and usg45s. The mags for the svd and kam took a while to find

in both cases not so many shotguns . . . .

I know some of the spots I'm hitting we're not looted recently and some I can tell we're just looted but I haven't been able to have any fun yet with pvp because I can't get any more equipped than a shotgun and hand gun and most guys are well out of that range when they engage me. I don't know why but I just can't find anything. I even tried other servers( not server hopping. When I die I'll join another server and spawn) and give it a go there and still nothing. It almost seems like there might be some predetermined luck added to the player because I've talked to guys that find stuff like crazy and I haven't even seen most of the guns in the game yet.

It seems like ever sense the last update the AR's have not been around. If I were to go into 7 out of 10 bases I could find a M4 or AK. Now you can go into 30 military bases and not find a single one.. oh and when I finally found an AK I found over 7 in one base... havnt seen an AK or M4 in over a month unless I kill someone that has one.

My latest character started off near berezino. I made my way south west passing through balota and that mil camp in bottom left corner. Worked my way north passing through dmc, nwaf and finally tisy. Found no assault rifles but tbh quite enjoying carrying usg. It's small so easy to store as I tend to travel light with improvised backpack. I had decided not to bother with ARs so dumped all mags and ammo for them. Then I hit the hunting lodge east of tisy and found a AK and a night vision scope, first nv scope I've found. 

Moral of the story...whatever you look for in this game is hard to find. When you stop looking you find it. So, always be looking hard for that red tracksuit! 

P. S. I left the AK and nv scope 😎

On 3/7/2019 at 10:43 PM, TahoeBeast said:

It seems like ever sense the last update the AR's have not been around. If I were to go into 7 out of 10 bases I could find a M4 or AK. Now you can go into 30 military bases and not find a single one.. oh and when I finally found an AK I found over 7 in one base... havnt seen an AK or M4 in over a month unless I kill someone that has one.

they are there, you just gotta keep looking/trying. Im on the village, I walked over 3 badly damaged kams in my usual haunt, before picking up the fourth damaged KAM last time I was on, and relatively thats a busy server. I just need a mag and some ammo now ..

or is xbox really so different to the pc?

Edited by aux7

it is because of dupers mate, they duplicate the guns so much no more spawn on the servers because the game thinks, hey there are already (example) 100/100 m4s, 100/100 AKs 100/100 SVDs onthis server so i dont need to spawn anymore because ive spawned them all in! when in actual fact they are all in 1 dudes chest buried underground!

On 3/10/2019 at 12:45 PM, Dan Holden said:

it is because of dupers mate, they duplicate the guns so much no more spawn on the servers because the game thinks, hey there are already (example) 100/100 m4s, 100/100 AKs 100/100 SVDs onthis server so i dont need to spawn anymore because ive spawned them all in! when in actual fact they are all in 1 dudes chest buried underground!

Yeah, I remember reading something from the devs (can’t seem to find the link) where they mention duper’s effecting the spawning of military rifles.

Personally, I don’t think they should be littered all over the bases, though currently they are seemingly nonexistent.

As a test I shamelessly server hopped around 15 times after looting my way through nearly all the bases. Spent around 6 hours looking...nothing.

I’m really hoping they find a remedy for this issue.

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2019 at 6:55 AM, aux7 said:

they are there, you just gotta keep looking/trying. Im on the village, I walked over 3 badly damaged kams in my usual haunt, before picking up the fourth damaged KAM last time I was on, and relatively thats a busy server. I just need a mag and some ammo now ..

When it comes to finding weapons I would say it's harder atm to find a damn AK/M4. It never used to be this hard to find them. When ever I went to fifty I would find one of the 2 at least 6 outta 10 times. 

22 hours ago, Nayte said:

As a test I shamelessly server hopped around 15 times after looting my way through nearly all the bases. Spent around 6 hours looking...nothing.

I’m really hoping they find a remedy for this issue.

Yeah I have done the same. That is what I'm talking about. Only one server outta 35 servers I went to I only found one server with 7 AKs in one damn base. Ever sense that I have not found an AR anywhere... and it's been over a month now. The only reason I have an M4 currently is because I had to kill someone to get it. Oh and this dude had 3 M4s on him... I only shoot at people that shoot at me first but I saw the M4 and was sick of looking for one so I shot first... Glad I did too because he was a duper for sure... 3 M4s a vest full of M4 mags and a coat full of 9mm mags with his pants full of canned bacon... the vest had 32 putts 35 space filled so he could reload...

On 3/9/2019 at 6:41 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

My latest character started off near berezino. I made my way south west passing through balota and that mil camp in bottom left corner. Worked my way north passing through dmc, nwaf and finally tisy. Found no assault rifles but tbh quite enjoying carrying usg. It's small so easy to store as I tend to travel light with improvised backpack. I had decided not to bother with ARs so dumped all mags and ammo for them. Then I hit the hunting lodge east of tisy and found a AK and a night vision scope, first nv scope I've found. 

Moral of the story...whatever you look for in this game is hard to find. When you stop looking you find it. So, always be looking hard for that red tracksuit! 

P. S. I left the AK and nv scope 😎

Every time I give up looking for something I tend to find it. Had a UMP mag and was looking for one. Later down the road I had to decide what I wanted to keep because I found a tent I wanted. So I dropped the UMP mag. 10 mins later I found an UMP... I was on my way back to get the mag I dropped and when I got there it was gone... 

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2019 at 6:55 AM, aux7 said:

Not sure if xbox is that different. Loot might be tweaked different.

23 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

Not sure if xbox is that different. Loot might be tweaked different.

19 hours ago, GrnViper said:

Me too.  280 miles of travel and nothing

this mail is from three months ago . . .it may be that they have tweaked the loot tables since I wrote it. I for sure havent seen an M4 or an AKM (on pc) for a while. But I keep looking, tomorrow I raid another mil base . .. so we will see. Its not critical as I have a Tundra, an sgk and an usg . ..