ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150408

And cold edited his 2017 positive review to reflect the same thing.

Make sure the console guys can find their leet pew-pew sticks now Bohemia? 

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, BCBasher said:

On the upside, my venting got you guys talking a little, where is Tatanko, Boahaze, Coldatrophy, Garry Wallnuts,  Therman Merman, and banabus?

Tatanko plays the game rarely, saw him play once or twice in the last few months. Bio and Cold gave the game a break until it gets better. Gary plays every now and then with us. Thurman pops in here and there for an hour. Bernabus plays the regulary, he's playing it right now in fact. Haven't seen him on the forums for a long time though.

• Beans 4

On 2/4/2019 at 7:43 AM, ImpulZ said:

Added: New stream from Kozlovka to Balota

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Checked out the new stream from Kozlovka to Balota today.  Definitely an upgrade!  Instead of just having standing water, there's now a continuous water flow from Kozlovka to Balota with nice sound effects as well.  It looked like something I would actually drink from in real life, instead of just being a breeding ground for mosquitoes.  Accompanied by rocks, a small bridge, and pleasant ambient sounds, it looked nice.

• Beans 4

31 minutes ago, IMT said:

Tatanko plays the game rarely, saw him play once or twice in the last few months. Bio and Cold gave the game a break until it gets better. Gary plays every now and then with us. Thurman pops in here and there for an hour. Bernabus plays the regulary, he's playing it right now in fact. Haven't seen him on the forums for a long time though.

Yeah I see barnabus is playing a lot he actually gave a decent steam review.

Is it just me or do the freaking mines not work on AI?

Been hoarding them to test and finally go to try one, place it at the bottom of a green guard tower and shoot, five infected trampling it and nothing thankfully I picked a tower I could jump to a barrack roof from.

That at least is cool not getting injured or killed from a 12" or more fall now 

Fucking nonsense.

A few of us called it that we would be delivered a half-monkey’d workaround.  That is bullshit.  So people can lose 30 minutes of work?  That is not even a workaround.  If anyone loses anything it’s still fucked.  I’ve been playing the shit out of Atlas.  Guess what?   I haven’t lost a damn thing on any of our servers.  Nothing.  It just fucking works.  Played Ylands a few days ago.  This is a BI title, now.  Over the course of three days didn’t lose anything.  How can the same company make persistence work well in one title in EA and have it utterly fucked in a much larger FULLY RELEASED title?   Persistence should just work.   This wouldn’t have been an issue had you guys had a REAL BETA phase.   But oh well.   That’s where the other half of the monkey ended up.   

• Beans 3

Players can withstand a huge number of hits from the AK and SVD. Is that okay?

29 minutes ago, Riki68 said:

Players can withstand a huge number of hits from the AK and SVD. Is that okay?

It was stated the infected were more bullet resistant this patch which is very true, they didn't say why which I was wondering this evening actually.

It's quite possible that was accomplished by nerfing weapon damage rather than buffing infected health? 

49 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

It was stated the infected were more bullet resistant this patch which is very true, they didn't say why which I was wondering this evening actually.

It's quite possible that was accomplished by nerfing weapon damage rather than buffing infected health? 

infected. but the players also began to withstand a lot of hits

6 hours ago, Riki68 said:

infected. but the players also began to withstand a lot of hits

I don't know I went offline with my testing, and haven't bothered multiboxing to text PVP stuff, was was just a theory based on the unexplained bit in the EXP notes.

In a video game games it's basically impossible to tell the difference between a damage buff or a health nerf without being told, you saying player damage seems to be reduced too seems like guns dealing reduced damage for some reason.

Edited by BCBasher

Fantastic update! Seriously overall this is brilliant work. The difference from a player POV is substantial however from a server owner it’s night and day. Persistence backups are flawless, not one issue in my crash testing and normal play. The new guns are very well implemented. Server FPS is at a record high with a stock global.xml.

Few small issues I have noticed during my testing;

1. When removing objects from hands it appears massive and gives no idea of slot size. Using the hot bar negates this still needs to be accurate.

2. When dragging clothing (or gear) from ground sometimes it does not move the visible box to inventory side of screen, I see no way to duplicate with this issue and of course once you click the cross in top right of box it closes. 

3. You did mention zombies were a bit bullet proof so, yes they are taking slot of shots to head 

4. Vehicles seem to desynchronise more than the last patch, this may be down to the new sounds etc. Small network issue I’m sure.

5. Server crash when a heli crash attempted to clear sambecus1 bush (this only happened on my summer exp server) could be mod related but it’s a crash regardless.

Overall the amount of polish here is top notch, if you maintain this level of detail the end product will be a very rich and detailed MMO open world survival game. 

Thanks for the update! Roll on the next. 🙂

Edited by TermNCR
Missed a few key words from my post.
  • Thanks 1

Quick question. Has this build taken care of the Dismantle base from the outside? Current stable build you can pretty much tear down any base you want from the outside on some angels. I haven't had the time to test this build yet. But anyone here that can try that? (On my mod server I have disable basedestruction)

Edited by Relic77

I wanted to see a few things so I copied all the available unused vehicle spawn points to the ADA's  list giving me 360+ spawn points, edited the file to try and make 363 trucks spawn. I also moved the player spawns to those points, there may be a cap spawning vehicles because my fist two spawns didn't have any truck that I could see but driving around I've seen lots.

I added and M4 in parts to the trucks cargo to see if it would stop them from spawning, this surprised me it doesn't, I know there is more than the CLE threshold in truck inventory storage, not sure if the game know without me interacting with the container or doesn't count car inventory?

C03F57AF87D37BAC6BE6AB859F3B4B3C773F4F2E

I disabled police cars and tried to make all helispawns active too but it seems to cap at 40 at a time, hard to tell because there's no report when they despawn, this seems to have a very pronounced effect on the amount of loot at barracks and such, less than half what I was seeing on my last test mission with normal helispawns.

I've been pretty negative this week, this actually has me tickled pink getting to mess with the CLE on my own terms to see how it actually works. 😆

• Thanks 1

I'll try and stick to my point. This was originally about trackir but I have discovered some things related to the "new controller".

I spent  the last 2 days running around collecting data and videos for track ir/player controller and to provide some feedback and write up a thread on it. Whilst investigating, I noticed quite a few things about the player controller and have many thoughts and questions I would like answered.  I will write up soon once I get everything I need and rendered. I have to test more now since a new update has dropped.

The new post that cropped up from @MirekManena kind of confirmed my experience and thoughts from 2 days of running around Cherno.  Trackir's implentation is not the only culprit here, player controller also is. I think It's either tied into some sort of synced fps (server) or client due to optimisations and saving server/client fps. It is not dependant on if you use track ir or not. Mouse input is just not good. There is a jitter/interpolation issue happening and I think this comes down to the new controller optimisations and implentations.

I run a 144hz benq XL series monitor, usually on 120 hz if I cannot maintain 144 fps with the blur buster app to change my strobe timings. This basically eliminates motion blur and is a joy to play games on when these requirements are met. When playing at a high fps, games look and feel stunning. Everything is easily spottable and smooth and so on. No exception for dayz and arma, even at lower fps with vsync. There is still hardly any motion blur and zero jitter. Frametime seems to be ok jumping from 6-7 ms to the occasional 15 ms, kind of usual I think.

Running on lowest settings to eliminate gpu strain. 144 fps locked at 144hz refresh rate and there is still jitter on track ir and mouse movement although minimised due to the fps. It causes the screen to jitter and re-adjust its input on any panned input movement and makes it feel like it is running at very low frame rates. More noticeable on very small slow mouse movements  (in game is 100+fps) I'll get some videos and extras rendered when time allows. I also use my deathadder mouse  at 400 DPI with low in game mouse settings.

(most don't notice due to their high sensitivities maybe?)

It is so bizarre. Why does A3 at 35 fps feel more responsive and fluid then dayz which is running at 120/144 fps? Player Controller?  I have never ever experienced this in any BI title. My fps has never mattered much in BI game or have I cared much as long as everything is double digits from 20 and above. Everything has always been smooth with mouse and track ir. Obviously if you pan at low frame rates fast, you get motion blur from unsynced frames but never any jitter or strain. I know everyone wants  "extreme" fps .but BI games never needed it on the client with how the game plays out. You are not supposed to sprint everwhere especially inside buildings. It was never desgined for mouse movemnt with 1600 dps and wild mouse movements flicking all over your desk trying to scour all 4 corners in a  room in a heartbeat  Playing BI games like modern games made it feel more clunky then it really ever was. Some of these features in regards to player controller that are missing were in the game for good reason I believe.

I recall reading many times that the pc version would come first and foremost and the console would not affect pc in any way. Rather the opposite, dayz would benefit from consoles and new tech. I can only judge with what I have been given. All the data given by the devs may look right on paper including server fps, but at what cost? It just does not feel right running around (or cramping my hand to walk around). My fear in any game development studio is optimisation. Most love this word.... I say this because anything in the last 10 years that looked promising or too good to be true, usually is. I see developers go the multi-platform route and change their goalposts, hit new road blocks, bite off more then they can chew and ultimately sacrifice one vision for another just to get all platforms functional in some way. There is a reason the mainstream studios pump out artifical release after release, year after year on consoles. Understandable in one way but not another. History has shown time & time again that a proper pc developed game with no influence from console, what is achievable and it is amazing. Waters get muddied doing multi platforms and no strategic plans to counter for both and a sinking ship when directly designing it for console and then porting it with non functioning systems not desgined for the pc platform.

I also tried to bandage form a zombie inside a building after shutting the door with some duct tape and I self restrained myself leaving me defenceless and loxked in unable to do anything but relog as the break free mechanic was not working. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T133343

• Beans 1

15 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I don't know I went offline with my testing, and haven't bothered multiboxing to text PVP stuff, was was just a theory based on the unexplained bit in the EXP notes.

In a video game games it's basically impossible to tell the difference between a damage buff or a health nerf without being told, you saying player damage seems to be reduced too seems like guns dealing reduced damage for some reason.

I think it's about the body armor that covers your entire character model, including your head and limbs, thus not missing any damage.

p/s -sorry for my broken English))

• Beans 1