ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150408

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

...  Well, except for the  <1% who don't play with other people, ever.

Hey I made it. I'm finally a one percenter :)

• Beans 4

6 hours ago, g4borg said:

they move toward sound sources. they always gathered at cars, or points where they heard a shot, etc. if they reach the sound source and do not find you visually.

an automatic backup is not a bad start. since you have no control over when the files are written, backing up manually was not working all that well. i am sure they will add options to the interval and the amount.

The one at the gas station stood there while I got out of the truck, refueled it and let me punch him 11 time before I got back in.

5 hours ago, IMT said:

Well, a while ago, I posted somewhere that we need fixes, no workarounds. This is a workaround and took them a while to create this workaround. Remember in pre-0.63? Servers used to crash all the time and it rarely wiped persistence. Backups were rarely needed back then, so why suddenly now? We need solutions and fixes, no workarounds. Of course it's great that there is a workaround now but I hope they intend to fix the problem at hand as well and not leave it as is.

Yeah, pointing it out in case they forgot.

4 hours ago, Supe2licious said:

When will this go live?

The persistence Workaround only help private Servers.
Official public Servers dont backup and dont restore ...

Well ok, they do automatic backups now, but nobody will manually restore them on public Servers ...

Supposedly has auto restore, doesn't seem to work might be working on it?

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

THEGordanFreeman has elaborated several times in the past already.   Perhaps if the majority of posts in the experimental and stable threads are going to be from you then maybe you should do a bit of research to accompany your 'science'.  

Additionally, *a lot* of the feedback that you've been posting is already known information that's already been discussed. Months ago.

Moreover, much of the information that you've given isn't relatable.  Especially the performance issue feedback.  Very few people play DayZ on their own 3-person server running from an old potato laptop sitting next to them.  This relates to what THEGordanFreeman already explained elsewhere.  The short answer is that while restores will help *somebody*, they will invariably screw over somebody else.  Well, except for the  <1% who don't play with other people, ever.

Yeah, well I was expecting to come back to a done game a a year and a half later when I saw the ad saying the game was "done", apparently the made the tough decisions to start charging full price on schedule even though the game is years behind, I respect that courage and determination, lol?

This board (game development) is all about the same shit over and over apparently anyway?

I'm going to get my entertainment value out of it somehow, the search function isn't that great along with how no one uses it and who knows which redundant post has the right information. If they didn't chase away the experimental crowd (still not sure how the managed that?) I would be participating in discussions instead of talking to my self.

Performance is relatable, both my server PC and client PC exceed the minimum specs, people who own ones that highly exceed are not the majority. If I see something in a given situation better machines are still going to see it too maybe less pronounced, maybe more if you add more players to the equation. Both my boxes meet the requirements, I want shit I paid for to work and work well.

Just CPUid'd the one I;m playing on, hadn't cared because it works. It's an i7 740qm,  gtx460m, wtih 10g of ram, well within in specs?

Furthermore, I've dealt with BI games before and bought it for my legitimate reasons, I don't give a shit about public hive, I bought a sandbox and toys fair and square to do with as I please. It's not all about public servers, server hopping at military bases to get leet gear and combat logging, RP servers with rules, or someone like me, they advertised and sold us all the same core game. I did play public until I realised it was and always will be an immersion breaking joke when you can't make everyone play by the rules, especially guys with imaginary kill counts in their head.

1% or not I'm a paying customer too and I bought two copies so my vote is worth twice as much too. 😉

• Beans 4

Basher, as Long as you have fun, it is ok .. but .. i recommend you to buy a new rig.

Your rig is really old by now.

Even if you can Play the game, i strong believe you could get more fun out of it with a new machine.

Just my 2 Cents ...

But on the other side, as Long as you stay on your own Server with no PVP accuring, you should be fine as you go. :-)

Edited by Supe2licious
  • Beans 1

10 minutes ago, Supe2licious said:

Basher, as Long as you have fun, it is ok .. but .. i recommend you to buy a new rig.

Your rig is really old by now.

Even if you can Play the game, i strong believe you could get more fun out of it with a new machine.

Just my 2 Cents ...

But on the other side, as Long as you stay on your own Server with no PVP accuring, you should be fine as you go. :-)

I'm not buying a new PC anytime soon, I'm sure it would make it look better though.

Not a PVP guy and when I'm in the mood (drunk) I play fortnight or something pick-up play.

I just want the AI to work properly and and my fucking helicopter to make an "I am Legend" type experience or a zombie safari type thing to play with my kids based out of Skalatisy Island tuned performance and difficulty wise for one or two players.

I'm extremely antisocial IRL and just love the idea of everyone dead or beyond empathy helping, the game if it had the parts I was advertised and paid for in advance it would give me the tools to make exactly that.

• Beans 2

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMOs, I guess.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Welcome to the wonderful world of MMOs, I guess.

You get I have 2000+ hours of SA and easily twice that much playing ArmA 2 and 3 in my own whole map single player missions on a server with huge AI counts?

I am going to mod SA into basically a single player RPG with drop in capability for my kids which I am totally allowed to do.

I'll say again I don't give a flying fuck about DayZ multiplayer culture, I like the map and I like the idea of loot respawn, a persistent map, inbuilt temperature, weather, disease systems and such if they worked for use in my sandbox I paid for.

A few people have suggested I'm complaining about performance, I'm not, 50fps on a server is really good and I'm running over 300fps at worst once it stabilises, hard to say if that will hold up with all the pieces finally working. I just mentioned it because you guys might care that they may have a hard time giving you all the toys in working order with 60+ players and the latency issues that go with that.

Adding 60 more vehicles alone gave me a constant 10% hit to server performance over the EXP you're playing, not my server's problem it is only using 25% of it CPU 75% of it's memory not even breaking a sweat,  it's no where near giving me a problem but it's significant drop, how many more 10% things are left to add still?

Where the fuck are the core features like working AI, biohazard environments, and aviation?

Why the fuck is whether the console peons can or can't find top tier guns (that are actually supposed to be scarce, duh) even worth talking about when the zombies and survival don't work in a survival zombie game? 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Beans 5

10 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I'm extremely antisocial IRL

Hard to believe considering your forum presence and that you play an MMO where PVE is very insignificant.

Hard to believe considering your forum presence and that you play an MMO where PVE is very insignificant.

I used to have five Facebook accounts too, not because I like people, so what?

I purchased a game engine that was supposed to end up with robust zombie AI instead script based solutions, environmental elements, and aviation where I could make PVE significant for me as I've done with other titles from this developer. I was absolutely flabbergasted to come back based on an advertisement that the game was 1.0, usually meaning ready to play to find it has less feature than when I left and they're now charging full price, that's why I'm being vocal.

Throw in the fact the console kids are now rehashing the old "where's my M4, the game must be broken?" bullshit and supposedly having the developers entertain the idea that may be a bug, what dont they get about 10 per map not including in player hands?

Wheres; the decent zombies, where's the elemental hazards, where the fucking aviation portion of the engine I bought?

Oh the wolves are great BTW, dumb fucking things couldn't get under my tires fast enough, didn't even have to chase them.

8EC1840EE034F358BDCE970AB4A7720A4962E115.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

On 2/7/2019 at 5:06 PM, BCBasher said:

Read up, one of the first things I've got to test since I got back.

In a nutshell, no they gave a workaround, the server auto-backups every half a hour for six hours giving 12 sets of .bin files or restore points to roll back to. I crashed mine on purpose and it did corrupt the current ones. Seems to be a manual process to restore unless I'm missing something

so you told me it does not work 😞 because they are only 6 backups on 24 h

19 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Yeah, pointing it out in case they forgot.

Get it all out.  We all have to go through this stage, I guess.  

No amount of question asking and swearing is going to help get the product to a finished state, however.  Maybe you should take a break from the game.  Come back in two months and have a peek.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, MATTEO M said:

Matteo sei italiano? Giochi da solo o in gruppo? Se sei solo ho un amico con cui poter iniziare (ma sto aspettando build migliori con più roba implementata rispetto all'attuale)

Get it all out.  We all have to go through this stage, I guess.  

No amount of question asking and swearing is going to help get the product to a finished state, however.  Maybe you should take a break from the game.  Come back in two months and have a peek.

You know, he's right in every single thing he brought up. I almost forgot about the how terrible the zombies are in the game or maybe just subconsciously given up on that part. That's madness because in reality it's one of the top 3 core parts of Dayz. Anyways like you said, angry posts may not change much or maybe not even effect what the Devs focus on? I can however sympathies with BCBasher and everybody else that are angry and sad at where we're today. We have been fucked over so damn hard by BI and devs that it makes me question this games hardcore fans (and my own) sanity and how we can continue to come back and support these people, they've really disrespected this community and is to this day continuing down on the slippery slope of reckless communication and dishonesty/hiding of what is really going down behind the scenes.

Angry posts is both therapeutical and legit at this point and If you can't look past them or deal with them then you should try harder. In situations like this, hell in the whole world for that matter, there is never just roses. When shit gets ugly it's not a good idea just to put blanket over it and hope it goes away. It'll get even worse that way.  Bottom line is this game and it's development have been asking for trouble all along and are rightfully getting it at this point. No, I don't mean hate or threats but very upset constructive posts.

Edit: spelling errors

Parazight, since you seemingly can't do anything else than laugh at my post I'll draw the conclusion you've got 0 to contribute with here.

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 4

I think we all came back with good intentions and high hopes- then the game shit all over us so we got mad and hemorrhaged it out in the forums because it made us feel better and then over time we just eventually rolled over and now can't make fart noises anymore. 

Having run with Zight before and recalling BCBasher from earlier times I see them both as the  same level of player who are at different points in their return to the game. I agree with Zight that Basher is just going through the normal throes of a passionate player who came back hoping for the best and got punk'd. I'm in between the two of them... I try to make the most of it but I'll slide in some DayZ tourettes every now and then because it feels good for a second. 

This patch seems to help fix things that got broken in the downgrade from 0.63 to 1.0 in the transition through the 1 month of Master Beta-ing... We're a long, long way off from the game we were hoping for back in .3x days. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

2 hours ago, GigiGamer87 said:

Matteo sei italiano? Giochi da solo o in gruppo? Se sei solo ho un amico con cui poter iniziare (ma sto aspettando build migliori con più roba implementata rispetto all'attuale)

CIAO siamo in 4 (in verità ormai 2). giochiamo da una vita.ora stiamo su miscr. anche noi stiamo aspettando + che altro finchè non attivano sta persistenza assurdo

Edited by MATTEO M

6 hours ago, MATTEO M said:

12 backups in 6 hours, 1 per half hour, there is a switch in the serverDZ.cfg for "auto restore" noting it will restore your binaries on a crash, it didn't the one time I tried.

Been seeing what else is still broken from a year and a half ago and didn't get around to crashing my server on purpose again.

I'm not sure how to say it properly without it being a "personal attack", got my first warning point for calling it like it is.

Look back through the EXP and see when Hicks stopped starting the threads, I've seen that bait and switch in games before.

I really believe they stopped working on the game realising they can make more money selling "maybes" delivered in the right fashion to the right people.

On the upside, my venting got you guys talking a little, where is Tatanko, Boahaze, Coldatrophy, Garry Wallnuts,  Therman Merman, and banabus?

**edit** Oh, what happened to Boneboys the moderator too?

Says a fucking lot about something having gone wrong doesn't it?  

Edited by BCBasher
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 4

I have "played" a good 30-40hrs this week and did have some enjoyable moments, FWIW.

The map is beautiful and much more diverse compared to when I started, aside from traction/torque being stupid low on a little 4wd truck I've had a hoot driving and swapping trucks every time I come across anther to let them sit and see if the stick when get back to where I started.

Loved the Tisy military base exploring it with the AI as the only threat, actually lost myself completely immersed a few times when i made noise without planning my moves first and fired more bullets from more guns than I have in my whole time playing this game yesterday.  Left with 3 svds and a night vision scope (no battery yet) to try from some elevated positions down south today maybe.

It's still missing a lot and when I saw the advertisement saying it was done, I really though that would resemble what I perceive as done even with some slack considering how Bohemia games mature after 1.0.

• Beans 2

Spend this weekend trying to build a base on 'The Village' server. Witnessed a few server crashes, probably some more when I was offline. Still, nothing vanished and my base has multiple walls, a tower, medium tent, large tent, car and a barrel. So far so good. Happy with the server performance as well, even with almost 80 players online the infected were never lagging and came after me with full speed.

I also got cholera from drinking pond water. Prior this experimental patch, the disease would go away after a while of not drinking pond water. But now it won't seem to go away, even though I clean all my water with chlorine tablets. Already threw up countless of times. I think that when you eat/drink large portions your character is more prone to throw up when having cholera. Because usually after eating a whole can or drinking a whole canteen I throw up 5~ minutes later.

• Beans 3

1 minute ago, amadieus said:

Spend this weekend trying to build a base on 'The Village' server. Witnessed a few server crashes, probably some more when I was offline. Still, nothing vanished and my base has multiple walls, a tower, medium tent, large tent, car and a barrel. So far so good. Happy with the server performance as well, even with almost 80 players online the infected were never lagging and came after me with full speed.

I also got cholera from drinking pond water. Prior this experimental patch, the disease would go away after a while of not drinking pond water. But now it won't seem to go away, even though I clean all my water with chlorine tablets. Already threw up countless of times. I think that when you eat/drink large portions your character is more prone to throw up when having cholera. Because usually after eating a whole can or drinking a whole canteen I throw up 5~ minutes later.

Did you notice anything else besides puking, I had something for a good 8 hours and didn't notice any increased burn on my hydration or food. Seemed to stick my health and blood regen curing it until I took actual damage and bandaged?

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

where is Tatanko, Boahaze, Coldatrophy, Garry Wallnuts,  Therman Merman, and banabus?

Biohaze was around here more about a month ago... Cold is circling but the game shit all over him mercilessly and he got frustrated since there's no persistence... I suspect we'll see him back when persistence is fixed. I thought I saw a Therman post a little bit ago but the rest I haven't seen. Tatanko, Bones and Garry I remember but I don't recall banabus... I haven't seen anything from any of them since I got back. 

• Beans 3

24 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Did you notice anything else besides puking, I had something for a good 8 hours and didn't notice any increased burn on my hydration or food. Seemed to stick my health and blood regen curing it until I took actual damage and bandaged?

No it doesn't do anything besides puking. Basically you can have the disease and as long as you don't puke, no negative effects. I can't say for 100%, but in my experience your hydration gets an instant hit when you throw up. Maybe your food level as well, can't say for sure. What do exactly mean with your second sentence?

• Beans 1

6 minutes ago, eno said:

Biohaze was around here more about a month ago... Cold is circling but the game shit all over him mercilessly and he got frustrated since there's no persistence... I suspect we'll see him back when persistence is fixed. I thought I saw a Therman post a little bit ago but the rest I haven't seen. Tatanko, Bones and Garry I remember but I don't recall banabus... I haven't seen anything from any of them since I got back. 

Cool, barnabus plays under Cornelius, I do see him playing on my steam friends occasionally but he doesn't seem to come in here anymore. He's in Hawaii and played on the SNG servers as an off the grid solo player like me never met him in game but we'd give each other a heads up to our location and current mission to avoid friendly fire incidents and occasionally leave sought after items and vehicles at dead drops.  

7 minutes ago, amadieus said:

No it doesn't do anything besides puking. Basically you can have the disease and as long as you don't puke, no negative effects. I can't say for 100%, but in my experience your hydration gets an instant hit when you throw up. Maybe your food level as well, can't say for sure. What do exactly mean with your second sentence?

I had the icon, noticed the dip in hydration after puking.

This patch supposedly makes antibiotics work, it gets the pill icon and the disease icon eventually goes away. 

I took damage just before taking the antibiotics or while it was active and even though my hydration and food were full my health and blood wouldn't come back up, I tried the take the boots off trick to get it to start regen but that didn't work. The next tussle with an infected I took bleeding damage, bandaged and my health/blood started regen like normal.

I'm running the debug panel on my server so i can see an actual number, noticed in all cases it doesn't come back up to full full, but close, on relog it's back at 100/5000 like it should be.

• Beans 1

59 minutes ago, eno said:

Biohaze was around here more about a month ago...

I am friends with him on Steam and he recently posted a very damning and scathing review of the game.  I wouldn't expect him back anytime soon.

• Sad 1
  • Beans 2