ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150408

18 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

I've also seen people posting specs with a 1080ti running on a potato and they still think they should be running the game no problem.  It's a two way street

I agree. Idaho Potato is the absolute minimum. Below that - the results are just absurd.

I can go right thru the garage doors, no wasting time opening them, cool.  🙂

4 hours ago, No One With That Name said:

This update killed the game for me on a local server.

Game loads ok but when you select Play... it eventually displays a "Connecting Failed" error message.

I tried uninstalling / reinstalling - did not fix the problem. Issue started immediately after update was downloaded / installed / executed.

(Side Note when I switched to Stable) I know it's a different build (with a local server) - everything worked ok - but lost all Keyboard and Mouse controls.

I switched back to Experimental - and the original issue (Connecting Failed) returned.

All files validated.

You need to switch your server to EXP the same as your game, mines working fine now.

**didn't see you solved it, thought we talked about that in general earlier this week?**

Edited by BCBasher
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, KleptoTerren said:

I appreciate the fact the Devs seem to be doing something. That's awesome.

But! (there's always a but) performance is still an issue mainly around vehicles and general performance.

Vehicles: From the perspective and friends and mine alone, the movement and controls for vehicles are sluggish and awkward. And there are times where you will lock up for 5+ seconds and end up crashed on the side of the road, and for a game like this, vehicles are a must.

Performance: FPS issues even with people with 1080ti's and 17-8700k's. Barely able to reach 60 even on the lowest settings coupled with constant crashed. And now that modding is at an all time high, people are sometimes not even able to launch the game with some mods active.

Enough practice driving and the vehicle is actually pretty good, shifting speeds are realistic for an old truck, though it doesn't exactly feel like a racing simulator. Simply driving slower will lower your chances of crashing due to server lag.

As far as performance, my game runs buttery smooth 99% of the time and I'm not even on that impressive of a rig, so I don't know what's causing your problem 😞

I moved my server to a second PC last night, logged in and seemed to be a huge improvement in performance just looking around at my barrel camp.

Turns out the server was actually using 3g total so when my client got up to 4-5g I was totally out of ram and using HDD to make up for it, splains a lot.

Going to go run around lower Cherno looking for oil and a jerry can and see the difference.

• Beans 2

I was able to get my hands on a hunting scope last night. Glad they are back in. Mouse wheel lets you zoom in and out. Can't wait for the Winchester and Blaze to get re-integrated! Again, a flawless night. No issues or problems encountered.

BpEhTma.jpg

ItBqe9x.jpg

• Beans 4

Server and client on separate machines and this is playing like I've always wanted, I got sidetracked exploring and now I'm grinning ear to ear after surviving a glitch free zombie slaughter at Balota. :)

Aside from the few hiccoughs getting getting up and running and the the slow (re)implementation of features some of my faith is restored.

That being said, it's sad to see all the faces missing from the good ole days here?

Looks like BI pissed off and pushed away even the die hard supporters with their slow progress, shit communication, overzealous goals and lacklustre effort into giving us what they were showing us?

• Beans 2

30 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

That being said, it's sad to see all the faces missing from the good ole days here?

Looks like BI pissed off and pushed away even the die hard supporters with their slow progress, shit communication, overzealous goals and lacklustre effort into giving us what they were showing us?

People are slowly starting to come back... I've been seeing more guys like yourself popping their head in for one more round. People are generally appalled at the 1 month beta and the state of this 1.0 after 5 and so years but it could be worse. And better. 

4 minutes ago, eno said:

People are slowly starting to come back... I've been seeing more guys like yourself popping their head in for one more round. People are generally appalled at the 1 month beta and the state of this 1.0 after 5 and so years but it could be worse. And better. 

What happened in the year I was out, nothing?

Not surprised but when I heard it's 1.0 I was expecting to come back to every piece we got to play with in the .60s plus a helicopter and hazardous environments like NBC and radiation. Literally couldn't believe temperature and basic diseases aren't even implement right now and seeing what the console kids have to say about needing M4s and their superiority "wrecking" people, guessing they've been gone awhile? 

A bunch of good dudes I never actually played with but chatted daily about science with are missing and that says a lot about BI dropping the ball on us.

27 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Not surprised but when I heard it's 1.0 I was expecting to come back to every piece we got to play with in the .60s plus a helicopter and hazardous environments like NBC and radiation. Literally couldn't believe temperature and basic diseases aren't even implement right now and seeing what the console kids have to say about needing M4s and their superiority "wrecking" people, guessing they've been gone awhile? 

A bunch of good dudes I never actually played with but chatted daily about science with are missing and that says a lot about BI dropping the ball on us.

Quite a lot actually. The first stress test version could barely be online for an hour due to poor server performance, constant kicks and crashes. Nevertheless, they made some good progress over the year. Putting a game on a new engine is not the easiest task. Still, they have a lot to do! Enough content and features are still missing.

Edited by amadieus
  • Beans 2

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Sad to say that some of the old players that actually tested things out and were also supporters have started turning sour towards the game. I'm slowly losing faith myself, but I'm still going to give them the benefit of doubt that they'll come through and deliver the game we've always wanted.

• Beans 1

30 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Sad to say that some of the old players that actually tested things out and were also supporters have started turning sour towards the game. I'm slowly losing faith myself, but I'm still going to give them the benefit of doubt that they'll come through and deliver the game we've always wanted.

You stuck it out the whole time?

There's four or five guys specifically I see missing who loved the game and did the lions share of actual testing, not just whether guns kill other players, and one moderator who seemed like he'd take a bullet for the game. Whatever pushed them away should say something to management, they spoke for hundreds if not thousands of quiet but dedicated players/paying customers. 

In all honesty I don't care how the public game turns out, I bought it because of the sandbox capability of previous BI titles, I'm definitely salty how slowly the toys are being made available for what's finally starting to look like a real good sandbox to play in.

Did I hear correctly they're still talking a year or two until it's "finished" I wasn't scared of years when I got in because of how ArmA3 took so long to mature but was very playable even before Zeus and the 3d editor implementation. I was figuring DayZ was building up the tech (possibly a parallel project) to be used in ArmA4 and would move faster towards a somewhat complete WIP.

I'm sure they'll come through eventually but some of the carrots on a string we were chasing just got put on longer and longer sticks it seems, wheres my fucking helicopter? 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Beans 2

21 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

No... I left for about a year and a half. I popped back in at the end of December. 

The guys I knew who fit that description, ie: Emuthreat, Coldatrophy, IMT, are on the edges... we see them pop in. I'm not sure who you're talking about specifically but I'd probably remember the names. 

Edited by eno

Just now, eno said:

No... I left for about a year and a half. I popped back in at the end of December. 

As far as I recall about the same for me, I've jumped in for an hour maybe a half dozen times and played a bit of the offline mode until I got fed up with starting over every time.

I was actually playing "The Hunter COTW" and it reminded me of DayZ, figured I'd see what's up.

Really I just need disease/hazmat, temperature and all vehicles working and I'd be a happy camper now that I have server files modding ability. 

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Really I just need disease/hazmat, temperature and all vehicles working and I'd be a happy camper now that I have server files modding ability. 

Well hopefully you have something to keep you busy for the next couple years while you wait. Diseases are probably on the doorstep but I don't think vehicles are even on the curb. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BCBasher said:

You need to switch your server to EXP the same as your game, mines working fine now.

**didn't see you solved it, thought we talked about that in general earlier this week?**

Yes. Solved now. Thanks. Reading back through the thread I see you did provided the steps to correct.

It's difficult playing this game with braille ! The zeds think I'm messing with them ! 😉

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

Yeah, I've stuck it out because no matter what state the game is in I still enjoy myself even though the bugs and lack of content does get frustrating. Hopefully the game will get in a state that will draw back long time players including our resident photographer as it was kinda fun looking forward to seeing his screen shots.

• Beans 1

Getting this in the vicinity of my 4 barrels, note the left sidebar, It even seems to get more ot less squished depending on the angle I'm look at it from?

31113D3BCCED0AFCCE1E88096C594F0954E6CADC

Edited by BCBasher

15 hours ago, nuggit said:

Some feedback on trackir.

(just a note, dayz is listed as having full 6 dof support. https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/)

I deleted all my old configs, reset track ir to make sure it was not a bad profile, reset all controls in game and verified files to make sure it was not something from my end.

It feels like there is acceleration going on and it is very stuttery regardless of v-sync and fps at a solid 120 locked, especially around the center of the screen. Like it seems to correct a mouse input..

Only Pitch and Yaw axis work/bound. I had a look in keybinds and and tried setting up track ir. I can not bind a +/- on the same axis so for example if I bind lean.

In Arma 3 I could lean L and R  and set up lean for the same Y axis and it used an analogue input. In the current implementation it works as a key/mouse input.  No incremental lean only hard lean and center.

There was no way to bind zoom in/out on any axis that I could find. I even tried disabling all inputs from track ir and only using the Z axis.

I have found as well due to the change in the player controller and the way fixed fov works on scopes, it is extremley jarring getting forced into a fixed fov when ads using track ir. We need variable fov to use track ir whilst using weapons to even be remotely useful.

Using track ir in fullscreen mode using a corsair K-70 keyboard and touching the volume wheel minimises dayz.. Using dayz in windowed borderless does not

It feels like trackir has not been implemented properly but rather as a keyboard and mouse input emulation. It feels nothing like how trackir has ever functioned in bohemia titles. It feels more like when Star Citizen brought in a temporary fix to get track ir working {using the mouse input to look around and not true track ir analogue input)

I have used track ir with aiming deadzone in 90% of my 4000+ hours in all bohemia titles and Dayz before the new ui was added and I understand that myself and other track ir uses are more then likely in the minority. However this has always been a big sell from bohemia. I feel like this must be looked at if you continue to support track ir.

@eugenharton  I recall reading somewhere from you about the fixed fov on scopes possibly not getting changed. Is variable fov on scopes and track ir analogue inputs coming back?  Because this tied in with track ir being fully functional and correctly using all 6 DOF.. As it stands it feels like a tack on just to get track ir working rather being fully functional from a consumers point of view.

Does the simplified player controller in its current iteration, affect track ir inputs functioning from using all 6 dof properly? 

Like wise, I'm having the same issues.

Edited by -Greenie-
  • Beans 1

note: if you downgrade to stable, you have to redo your profile, so if you did not, back it up.

i'd whish branches would keep separate profiles... after all i already have like a gazillion* dayz folders in my documents, none of them made in my games, ...

*) 4

I set all my graphic settings to medium v-sync on and could keep it in the 20+fps range which is fantastic for me, my server an old 4 core laptop with 8g never dropped below 500fps with MPC playing cartoons as well. Once I got used to the steering lag feature it was the best driving experience since the new vehicles were introduced, tedious getting it running but really felt worth it in the end not like my experience with the sedan.

Getting water out of a jerry can, dumb, finding all my missing bodywork right beside the first gas station was pretty cool though. :)

Planning a nice relaxing drive to check out all the map changes tomorrow, does the game have controller support?

The only video game thing I prefer a controller for is driving, I have a corded X-Box 360 controller and wheel and pedals. 

ABA7E637D4A5565B3A4FA8B9370A6BDBBB93DF1B

• Beans 2