ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150408

The minimum system specifications suggests 8 GB RAM and recommends 12 GB of RAM. Nowadays, games and applications use more and more RAM because games and applications get complexer thus requiring more RAM. Also, the more stored in RAM, the better. It's all about performance and speed, VRAM is the fastest which a game can use, after that comes RAM and after that disks. The more they utilize the VRAM and RAM, the better the game will perform and deal with load times.

I also read something about high end specifications but getting low FPS. This is not a problem with the game, it is your problem, with understanding how it works that is. If you have a high end PC and have low settings, the processor will handle (part of) the graphics. Since the processor isn't nearly as good at it as the GPU, it results in low FPS. Sometimes you need to turn up your settings in order to get higher FPS. That might sound contradictive but that's just how it works.

Edit: Best thing is to mess with the settings and find a sweet spot that you are comfortable with. Even better is to do it setting per setting because some settings affect FPS more than others. Also, you don't always need 1 billion FPS. I have a 60HZ monitor which means that any FPS above 60 is just a waste of energy. So I have my FPS capped at 60. I even have my GPU underclocked for DayZ since for some reason, DayZ uses my GPU way too much. Even when there is a black screen it sits mostly at 100 % GPU usage and DayZ makes my GPU run crazy. Underclocking it gets a bit rid of that heat and energy and I still mostly get 60 FPS, sometimes a bit lower but I rather have that than overheating my GPU and killing it.

Edited by IMT
  • Beans 4

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

*snip*

I also read something about high end specifications but getting low FPS. This is not a problem with the game, it is your problem, with understanding how it works that is. If you have a high end PC and have low settings, the processor will handle (part of) the graphics. Since the processor isn't nearly as good at it as the GPU, it results in low FPS. Sometimes you need to turn up your settings in order to get higher FPS. That might sound contradictive but that's just how it works.

This X10 for the guys with high end machines.

My old junkers are like old boats and mine is showing signs of a leak and I feel it, that could totally be set up specific to me, could be broken code.

If it's a leak BI pls fix, if it's my hardware, that's on me.

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, BCBasher said:

My old junkers are like old boats and mine is showing signs of a leak and I feel it, that could totally be set up specific to me, could be broken code.

Didn't you admit, even very long ago, that you play the game on a potato?  Just wondering, because *many* of your posts recently have been about system performance.

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Well, not sure, might be a memory leak on either side or just because DayZ uses so much memory. They are the minimum requirements for a reason but it isn't bad to raise the issue since it might be indeed a memory leak on their side. I don't have a high end machine either (AMD FX-8320E and AMD Radeon R9 380 Series) but I do have 16 GB of RAM, so that's not an issue for me.

1 minute ago, Parazight said:

Didn't you admit, even very long ago, that you play the game on a potato?  Just wondering, because *many* of your posts recently have been about system performance.

There is always people that omplains about performance issues. I can understand that in a way that it did run perfect for them earlier. But for people that are living on the edge with their hardware should also consider that their hardware might be out of date sooner or later when software/games gets an update. I was in that position for 1 month ago and got my self a 1060 6Gb. Now I have NO performance issues problem what so ever.

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Well, not sure, might be a memory leak on either side or just because DayZ uses so much memory. They are the minimum requirements for a reason but it isn't bad to raise the issue since it might be indeed a memory leak on their side. I don't have a high end machine either (AMD FX-8320E and AMD Radeon R9 380 Series) but I do have 16 GB of RAM, so that's not an issue for me.

Well, I have a perfect proof of t hat. My friend that has an 2Gb graphic card and 8 Gb ram have some serious issues when he runs into a bigger city. He runs out of memory and his swap file starts to work , giving him like 10-15 fps vs 50-60 normal when he is in smaller cities .

54 minutes ago, Parazight said:

46 minutes ago, Relic77 said:

There is always people that omplains about performance issues. I can understand that in a way that it did run perfect for them earlier. But for people that are living on the edge with their hardware should also consider that their hardware might be out of date sooner or later when software/games gets an update. I was in that position for 1 month ago and got my self a 1060 6Gb. Now I have NO performance issues problem what so ever.

44 minutes ago, Relic77 said:

Well, I have a perfect proof of t hat. My friend that has an 2Gb graphic card and 8 Gb ram have some serious issues when he runs into a bigger city. He runs out of memory and his swap file starts to work , giving him like 10-15 fps vs 50-60 normal when he is in smaller cities .

Not complaining guys, yes I'm currently playing on a broken laptop made out of two broken laptops plugged into a TV, I also play just fine my way at down to 10fps so...

The game has had leaks in the past, seems like one now because my mem usage doesn't seem to always go down leaving the "problem" areas anecdotally, I'm just noting my performance on a machine that is to the low end but within requirements.

• Beans 1

Anything remarkable happening on the persistence front? I guess it’s early to tell but while all the hype on youboob is about the sks coming back (zzzzzzz) the fix of the game breaking persistence clusterfuck is a high importance item to many. Hoping for the best. 

57 minutes ago, Relic77 said:

To put things into perspective, I run an i5-8400, 16gb of pc 2666 ddr4 and an RX 580 4gb card.  I play at 1080p on almost extreme settings with shadows on medium, Hardware AA on low and Ambient Occlusion on low and I run from 60 fps to 100 depending where I'm at with the odd dip just below 60 fps when hitting major cities but evening back out to 60.  At one point the game did run at a smooth 90 fps all the time but the past recent patches did bugger up some performance.

Did you guys fix the issue with vehicles sinking into the ground over time? My players are getting sick of me having to delete vehicles.bin bi weekly.

What about using mods with hot keys like the VanillaPlusPlusMap mod using the "M" key and Community Online Tools using the "Y" key bugging out the chat box? e.g. Pressing "M" or "Y" while typing in chat box still opens the mods UI and bugs the chat box out. You guys need to keep keybinds from being detected when the chat widget is open.

Edited by robbhimself

1 hour ago, eno said:

Anything remarkable happening on the persistence front? I guess it’s early to tell but while all the hype on youboob is about the sks coming back (zzzzzzz) the fix of the game breaking persistence clusterfuck is a high importance item to many. Hoping for the best. 

I've been out of the loop with bugs and I'm playing on a closed in home server now so no tampering with my science at this point, anything I should be looking for?

I'm placing every tent and barrel I find and hoarding base building stuff right now, not really sure what I'm going to do with it besides build myself way-points around the map to make travelling easier and do zombie safaris when the kids visit. 

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I've been out of the loop with bugs and I'm playing on a closed in home server now so no tampering with my science at this point, anything I should be looking for?

I'm placing every tent and barrel I find and hoarding base building stuff right now, not really sure what I'm going to do with it besides build myself way-points around the map to make travelling easier and do zombie safaris when the kids visit. 

There are some threads on this specifically that identify the folder you need to be backing up so that you can restore. The basic general order is to back up the specific file frequently so that if your server does crash you can just drag and drop the file to restore the one corrupted during a crash. 

I dont run a server but that’s the gist of it. 

The challenge in some cases is that you can restore files and ruin what someone else did in the time that passed since the restore point but if it’s just a server for you that’s less of an issue. 

• Beans 1

8 minutes ago, eno said:

There are some threads on this specifically that identify the folder you need to be backing up so that you can restore. The basic general order is to back up the specific file frequently so that if your server does crash you can just drag and drop the file to restore the one corrupted during a crash. 

I dont run a server but that’s the gist of it. 

The challenge in some cases is that you can restore files and ruin what someone else did in the time that passed since the restore point but if it’s just a server for you that’s less of an issue. 

Cool pretty sure I know what folder that stuff is in. :)

I avoided a back up because it feels like cheating but I can see the game isn't really ready to "play" fully yet anyway and science isn't cheating.

With my arrangement I can even crash my server on purpose probably just by opening 100 browser tabs or something.

On 2/4/2019 at 1:43 PM, ImpulZ said:
  • Tweaked: Inventory overhaul Improvements in the visuals and performance of inventory code, including the
    • addition of hierarchical attachment visualisation,
    • hiding unused attachment categories (greatly uncluttered the Watchtower for example),
    • inclusion of dedicated icons for these categories and overall bugfixes.)

Why has the space available tooltip in the clothing item been removed / hidden. Super useful to know if something was bigger or smaller than what you had. Please can you fix this and put back 0/30 ect

• Beans 2

So I've started running my own home server just before the patch,  started Sunday I think, didn't really root around the folders but casually.

Was going to look at backing up my persistence and try a few things and low and behold there's a back up folder already there, apparently my server backs itself up every half hour or so and is holding 12 incremental copies of the persistence files from yesterday evening from 1741-2341 my time. 

I left it running all night rebooted to make it day time this morning and ran it all day today and it's created none since about when I went to bed last night.

I'm going to mess around with rollbacks and possibly deleting or moving them to see if it's a limit of 12 files or whatever later tonight.

Interesting stuff for sure but the first thing I see is I think I can undo my screw up yesterday night, any thoughts on this?

So far I had no issues with fps or lag. The infected do go through garage doors, but I was able to get them inside house and other sheds without problem. Heard gunshot sounds from various weapons, at various distance without problem too.

Been on the lookout for a hunting scope and CR rifle.

The thing I like the most is pretty weird, but for me the sweet sound of bullet casing hitting the ground is awesome! Keep it up! Will try and get more playtime in!!

Cheers!

• Beans 1

Okay, found out what I wanted about the new server features.

Still get corrupted binaries in a crash, did a power button shutdown, server can't proceed trying to load the persistence files.

It does back up of the last six hours in half hour steps, my folders were created in the first six hours I ran the new server, the timestamps on the folders confused me about when the binaries were from.

just delete all the files in your main binary folder, drop the .bin files from any rollback point, there's less files in the backup folder but fire up the server and and it remakes the other files.

It's a good workaround for the problem but if you ask me there's all kinds of implications having this available to clan home servers?

Can a rented server owner already manually make and reload a backup on public servers? 

Edited by BCBasher

20 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Can a rented server owner already manually make and reload a backup on public servers? 

Yes you can.

1 minute ago, MetalHead2112 said:

Yes you can.

So in theory they can go back in time before they took an M4 out of a barrel or tent into their inventory to a time when the M4 was still in the barrel, possibly rinse and repeat? 

Cute.

22 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

So in theory they can go back in time before they took an M4 out of a barrel or tent into their inventory to a time when the M4 was still in the barrel, possibly rinse and repeat? 

Cute.

You do realize as a server owner you can literally spawn in anything you want and freely teleport around the map right?

lol @ restoring persistence files to dupe gear. 😂😂😂

Edited by robbhimself

3 minutes ago, robbhimself said:

You do realize as a server owner you can literally spawn in anything you want and freely teleport around the map right?

lol @ restoring persistence files to dupe gear. 😂😂😂

In public servers, I did not, that concept has an extra partial chromosome if you ask me?

• Haha 1

public servers as in official public hive servers are not possible by private persons, those are community servers.

• Beans 1

Some feedback on trackir.

(just a note, dayz is listed as having full 6 dof support. https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/games/)

I deleted all my old configs, reset track ir to make sure it was not a bad profile, reset all controls in game and verified files to make sure it was not something from my end.

It feels like there is acceleration going on and it is very stuttery regardless of v-sync and fps at a solid 120 locked, especially around the center of the screen. Like it seems to correct a mouse input..

Only Pitch and Yaw axis work/bound. I had a look in keybinds and and tried setting up track ir. I can not bind a +/- on the same axis so for example if I bind lean.

In Arma 3 I could lean L and R  and set up lean for the same Y axis and it used an analogue input. In the current implementation it works as a key/mouse input.  No incremental lean only hard lean and center.

There was no way to bind zoom in/out on any axis that I could find. I even tried disabling all inputs from track ir and only using the Z axis.

I have found as well due to the change in the player controller and the way fixed fov works on scopes, it is extremley jarring getting forced into a fixed fov when ads using track ir. We need variable fov to use track ir whilst using weapons to even be remotely useful.

Using track ir in fullscreen mode using a corsair K-70 keyboard and touching the volume wheel minimises dayz.. Using dayz in windowed borderless does not

It feels like trackir has not been implemented properly but rather as a keyboard and mouse input emulation. It feels nothing like how trackir has ever functioned in bohemia titles. It feels more like when Star Citizen brought in a temporary fix to get track ir working {using the mouse input to look around and not true track ir analogue input)

I have used track ir with aiming deadzone in 90% of my 4000+ hours in all bohemia titles and Dayz before the new ui was added and I understand that myself and other track ir uses are more then likely in the minority. However this has always been a big sell from bohemia. I feel like this must be looked at if you continue to support track ir.

@eugenharton  I recall reading somewhere from you about the fixed fov on scopes possibly not getting changed. Is variable fov on scopes and track ir analogue inputs coming back?  Because this tied in with track ir being fully functional and correctly using all 6 DOF.. As it stands it feels like a tack on just to get track ir working rather being fully functional from a consumers point of view.

Does the simplified player controller in its current iteration, affect track ir inputs functioning from using all 6 dof properly? 

• Beans 1

This update killed the game for me on a local server.

Game loads ok but when you select Play... it eventually displays a "Connecting Failed" error message.

I tried uninstalling / reinstalling - did not fix the problem. Issue started immediately after update was downloaded / installed / executed.

(Side Note when I switched to Stable) I know it's a different build (with a local server) - everything worked ok - but lost all Keyboard and Mouse controls.

I switched back to Experimental - and the original issue (Connecting Failed) returned.

All files validated.

Edited by No One With That Name
  • Confused 1

On 2/5/2019 at 12:46 AM, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

I've just returned from my first hour or two of experimental freshness, and I have to report:

The infected beat me to death thrice tonight. Because they now happily glitch through closed garage doors, it seems. Trying to lock them in worked a few times. But that wasn't enough. Maybe other doors are affected as well. All in all, I was overwhelmed again and again when I'm normally not, and it's not the infected acting smarter in any way. They just ignore the rules.

OLD:
I encountered this issue as well (with the last update) (zeds glitching through doors)...

but for me - it was a wolf. A wolf glitched into house and started kissing me
before I realized it was actually killing me. I'm slow that way sometimes.

I haven't been able to get the current update to work. Connecting Failed error.

==============================================================

UPDATE: This issue has been corrected. I didn't realize the Server version now has an Experimental mode.

I was attempting to run the Game (Experimental) with the Server (Stable).

Both are now in Experimental Mode and every thing loads.

Seems to be some severe lag though. Still playing with it to see where it goes.

Edited by No One With That Name
Update
  • Beans 1