ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0150408

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

What does this mean in English, do I have to roll back to stable to play LAN or is this going to come in a timely fashion?

Shortly seems to mean something way different to you guys.

It seems now you can switch to the exp branch with the DayZ server tool, like you can with the client.

So, if you have your own server, you can test out the exp branch with a copy of your storage files from your server that's running the stable branch, since they say there may be issues.  Given all the possible customizations, base layouts, and placed items, we may find other issues that they haven't seen yet along with the ones they have seen.

Additionally, this could also allow modders to check to see if there are any changes they need to make before the patch goes to stable. 

• Beans 2

8 minutes ago, chambersenator said:

It seems now you can switch to the exp branch with the DayZ server tool, like you can with the client.

So, if you have your own server, you can test out the exp branch with a copy of your storage files from your server that's running the stable branch, since they say there may be issues.  Given all the possible customizations, base layouts, and placed items, we may find other issues that they haven't seen yet along with the ones they have seen.

Additionally, this could also allow modders to check to see if there are any changes they need to make before the patch goes to stable. 

Thank you very much good Sir, kind of would have expected that MFG to tell me that but ha, ha, not really forgot who were dealing with.

Switched my server and client to EXP and I have no infected using my existing database files.

Going to validate both server and client before I delete my persistence files, no big loss at this point.

Gained almost 1000fps over this morning on the server but that might be no AI?

**Edit** Restarting or validating possibly fixed it, or they were slow populating. **

Edited by BCBasher

Any news on players getting stuck to door hinges when fleeing zombies and toggling door open/close state quickly?

• Like 1

Is my client supposed to creep up to 6.4g of ram? 

I only have 10g total with 2g shared to video, my server running on the same machine is doing great at 1.5g and 1500fps with me in game 

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

I only have 10g total with 2g shared to video, my server running on the same machine is doing great at 1.5g and 1500fps with me in game 

I've noticed the high ram usage as well and hopefully they'll get it back down to a reasonable amount as I'm not using demanding settings.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Beans 1

I've just returned from my first hour or two of experimental freshness, and I have to report:

The infected beat me to death thrice tonight. Because they now happily glitch through closed garage doors, it seems. Trying to lock them in worked a few times. But that wasn't enough. Maybe other doors are affected as well. All in all, I was overwhelmed again and again when I'm normally not, and it's not the infected acting smarter in any way. They just ignore the rules.

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)

10 hours ago, amadieus said:

They said that more dangerous diseases are coming. So I guess the impact of eating raw meat with that as well. I hope it will be soon! Want to cook my meat again before I can eat it

I just hate word "soon".

But where we are with "diseases"?...

Also i think that fixing loot farming would help games perfomance.

Now stuff keep spawning constantly.

Also i tested swimming in ocean to see if my character suffering coldness but no....i just keep running aimlessly to get rid off thermometer logo.

So no cold,no penalty eating raw meat...why making fire?find matches?..etc

Did anther run at it, searching around in the row houses and industrial park in Cherno I could only go a half hour or so before it started lagging my client enough to get a battle eye kick 5.5-6g.

I found my 3 oil and Jerry can and screwed off to my tent to grab the last needed jug of oil, running the highway between Cherno and Elektro ram usage steadily dropped back down to reasonable. 

Not sure if it's the infected AI or something graphic related, going to pause and check in different areas as I go now. 

Went to try the 12ga slugs on a seemingly lone infected mid mission with no idea how many more that was going to pull, got clobbered and lost an evenings work finding the oil and jerry can, pretty intense lesson and "oh f*ck" moment, kind of missed that experience.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Beans 2

does anyone know the spec of the hunting scope?

In Dayz wiki it only gives details for the long range scope - "It had a variable magnification from 2.08-7.5x"  and says the long range scope was replaced by the even more powerful Hunting scope.

14 hours ago, kopo79 said:

seems like good patch.
just tested few things..
killed sheep with my fists and skinned it with stone knife.
i ate whole sheep...no health problems beside over eating.
also managed "loot farm" with two houses...plenty of clothes keep spawning in...but noticed that food in pockets was reduced..i guess.

is there any plan to check loot farming problem and eating raw meat problem?
and those sheeps just were stupid...why they not runned away?...and maybe adult rams should really attack player if player starts to hit them

Poisoning will be part of the sickness system, which is still in the works.

13 hours ago, qsek_ said:

@ImpulZ Is the built in Wallhack Issue being looked at? T132474

All tickets will be looked at.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, BCBasher said:

4 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've noticed the high ram usage as well and hopefully they'll get it back down to a reasonable amount as I'm not using demanding settings.

You most move on to today's demand of memory usage. I used to have a GTX 690 2G ram, with medium settings I used up around 12G on system ram. When I moved on to my GTX 1060 6gb I am only using like 5-6 Gb ram with MAX settings. 2gb graphic cards will work but it will eat slow system ram for breakfast.

So reason why you client is eating more system memory is that your 2Gb dedicated to you video card is not enough. It might have been earlier, but since they add stuff it will utilize more ram.

Edited by Relic77

5 hours ago, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

I've just returned from my first hour or two of experimental freshness, and I have to report:

The infected beat me to death thrice tonight. Because they now happily glitch through closed garage doors, it seems. Trying to lock them in worked a few times. But that wasn't enough. Maybe other doors are affected as well. All in all, I was overwhelmed again and again when I'm normally not, and it's not the infected acting smarter in any way. They just ignore the rules.

This happened to me as well. They came in through the wall in the house i was in. (Stable) This also happened yesterday on exp, only this time i was in a cointainer.

Hey guys, nice update!

Special thanks for the TrackIR support!
Would it be possible to implement Tobii Eye tracker? Your studio already had a cooperation with Tobii in the past (ArmA III).

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Black G-Sus said:

They came in through the wall in the house i was in.

looks like the navmesh call optimization might have some side effects.

---

very positive to have the beta branch public - gives us time to adapt it to current files 🙂 thank you.

i would actually hope that you guys could unlock more already existing assets on the client, even if you do not include them in mission script until they are ready, so that re-enabling the guns e.g. does not need one to actually create a mod. it is not really neccessary from a security perspective to lock them also in the client.

very good fixes overall. this gives me great hope for further improvements, and makes me less worried to invest into the game (as servers, time to script etc. are also expensive)

to anyone interested, adding date into script.log filename made it not as easy as powershelling "Get-Content C:\DayZServer\profile\script.log –Wait" anymore, to read Print statements.

Now one could use instead:

cd C:\DayZServer\profile\
Get-Content @(Get-ChildItem -Filter script_*.log -Path C:\DayZServer\profile -Name | Sort-Object -Descending)[0] –Wait 

of course with your path to the profile folder.

Edited by g4borg

6 hours ago, Relic77 said:

You most move on to today's demand of memory usage. I used to have a GTX 690 2G ram, with medium settings I used up around 12G on system ram. When I moved on to my GTX 1060 6gb I am only using like 5-6 Gb ram with MAX settings. 2gb graphic cards will work but it will eat slow system ram for breakfast.

So reason why you client is eating more system memory is that your 2Gb dedicated to you video card is not enough. It might have been earlier, but since they add stuff it will utilize more ram.

Thanks for the lesson on the evolution of computers, I get that I have ten total gigabytes minus two for my video giving me eight gigabytes ram usable.

There's a big difference between  something using my memory and it it leaking, shouldn't have to buy a better PC to compensate for broken code.

Last run of the night, got into a tussle the same place I died with my oil as a freshie and died, in the process of alt tabbing to check ram my task manager stuck in the foreground. I exited the server and was at 4.5 and climbing at the home screen logged back in and headed straight for no where to see if it would tick down, nope in the woods jogging or standing it just kept ticking up for no reason until the game started getting unresponsive.

This client has a memory leak, on my system anyway.

left the server running all night and it's great about 1.5g used and 1500fps with no players, lowest I saw with me in was 500fps and 1.8g.

Now something nice, loving the look and how it plays before it crosses 4g mem usage, stating to get back lots of the features I loved and missed. Really seems to be turning into the sandbox I wanted to make my own "Cool, everybody else is dead, now I can have some peace and quiet" simulator I was hoping for.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Beans 1

6 hours ago, Relic77 said:

I have 4 gb of ram on my video card which has no problem running DayZ. Also, please don't go assuming that everyone has a crappy computer just because they're having problems such as high ram usage as it doesn't help with what might be causing the problem to begin with.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I have 4 gb of ram on my video card which has no problem running DayZ. Also, please don't go assuming that everyone has a crappy computer just because they're having problems such as high ram usage as it doesn't help with what might be causing the problem to begin with.

I've also seen people posting specs with a 1080ti running on a potato and they still think they should be running the game no problem.  It's a two way street

21 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

I've also seen people posting specs with a 1080ti running on a potato and they still think they should be running the game no problem.  It's a two way street

My question would be what settings are those users attempting to run the game at? I'm running the game on mostly medium settings so the game shouldn't be using 5-6 gb of ram.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

As far as the guys with good graphics cards and ram usage, not sure if things have changed but the game used to run better on those machines with the graphics turned up if anything putting workload on the card rather than the CPU and ram?

I'm still tracking my RAM usage and this is a creep up and looks a lot like a leak not a genuine load from the ram doing actual work.

Alright this sounds awesome. Really, these devs have been putting out a lot of content recently. There is one issue I hope gets solved inadvertently by this patch. There's a bug, where people's frames drop down to zero for a ~5 second period every time they, or someone else in the area fires a gun. It's quite game-breaking, and many people are experiencing it from what I can tell. I'm hoping that with the "network tweaks", that pvp becomes a more viable option. Anyway, good job devs.