ImpulZ

Xbox Update 04/02/2019

3 hours ago, nikoor said:

they should've kept the zoom on rb and move the punch, freelook to lb too. they really don't have a clue about contollers... just like the guy on the stream.

What's wrong with it on lb? 

10 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

What's wrong with it on lb? 

it's been on rb since the beginning, people have gotten used to it, it did not need to be changed. freelook instead should've been changed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nikoor said:

it's been on rb since the beginning, people have gotten used to it, it did not need to be changed. freelook instead should've been changed. 

I get what you're saying but I got used to it in like twenty seconds. I assume they have a reason for changing it which will become apparent at some future time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I get what you're saying but I got used to it in like twenty seconds. I assume they have a reason for changing it which will become apparent at some future time. 

oh and the left hand position feels awkward and unnatural now since you move yourself with left hand at the same time. well, I changed them back to how it was but now I have no punch which is fine I rather play the game as smooth as I can. I'd assume they add leaning to the sticks so freelook has to go anyway, so only place for it is RB now which is just nuts, punch has to go then anyway so I can't understand the reasoning behind it.

the muscle memory after ~1000 hours just don't go away like that 

Edited by nikoor
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2019 at 9:21 PM, Jordan Kline said:

That should be the last thing fixed! I know probably 50 MAJOR issues that could be addressed before some clothing.

This is true, but I think that it should be a priority since it does look really bad and it ruins your character model.

Idea for duping. Make the log out time longer (30 Seconds or longer), and the only option you have to click is cancel. This way you cant spam Exit. It would be AMAZING if we where locked to a server. This would Fix a lot of issues, Duping and Ghosting. If you join a Different server you have a new Character. Inventory needs a lot of love. Extremely aggravating when moving gear around. I understand the concept you are trying, During a gun fight trying to find gear in a panic. But it does not need to be how it is now. Give us some sort of scroll feature, Like Hold RB and Right Stick to scroll right side inventory, and LB and Left stick for Left side inventory. Have it labeled on both sides on bottom of screen. 

I would like to see back it Crafting Clothing out of Hides again. I miss this ALOT!!!! I would take the time and get everything I need to make my leather gear. I tried before this new update and was pretty bummed out. I had everything, Hides, garden lime, barrel full of water, leather repair kits. 6 hours of collecting gear just to be let down lol. We should be allowed to also use all the pelts to craft improvised backpack, not just boar pelts. If you want the larger ones then you will have to craft them, Tan and use leather repair kits.

Spay paint would be cool to bring back into the game. We should be allowed to paint any gear that we want. or color with the barrels (not sure if this was working, didn't test with barrels) 

How quick Items damage needs to be longer. I cut up pumpkin 5 times and my knife is ruined. Suppressor is ruined after a few shots. If you shoot your gun on full auto then yes after a full clip the Suppressor is ruined. but if you shot one round then a few min later shot again it should last longer. 

Crafting bullets would be cool. Melt Tin(Empty soda cans, Canned food) down in a cooking pot. Dismantle bullets and landmines for gunpowder(Landmines should have chance of exploding without proper tool). take that stuff to said building to craft the gear, Like the work shops on the side of the Bars. 

I would like to see traps in the game. Stick, rope, fishing line(dismantle from fishing pole), combine with cans(improvise alarm), with Flairs or chem light(Light up area) with teddy bears (loud squeaking sound). great use to bring back the flare gun 🙂

I have a lot of really cool ideas but would be happy with this. 

Edited by robhav11

On 2/18/2019 at 1:31 PM, robhav11 said:

Idea for duping. Make the log out time longer (30 Seconds or longer), and the only option you have to click is cancel. This way you cant spam Exit. It would be AMAZING if we where locked to a server. This would Fix a lot of issues, Duping and Ghosting. If you join a Different server you have a new Character. Inventory needs a lot of love. Extremely aggravating when moving gear around. I understand the concept you are trying, During a gun fight trying to find gear in a panic. But it does not need to be how it is now. Give us some sort of scroll feature, Like Hold RB and Right Stick to scroll right side inventory, and LB and Left stick for Left side inventory. Have it labeled on both sides on bottom of screen. 

I would like to see back it Crafting Clothing out of Hides again. I miss this ALOT!!!! I would take the time and get everything I need to make my leather gear. I tried before this new update and was pretty bummed out. I had everything, Hides, garden lime, barrel full of water, leather repair kits. 6 hours of collecting gear just to be let down lol. We should be allowed to also use all the pelts to craft improvised backpack, not just boar pelts. If you want the larger ones then you will have to craft them, Tan and use leather repair kits.

Spay paint would be cool to bring back into the game. We should be allowed to paint any gear that we want. or color with the barrels (not sure if this was working, didn't test with barrels) 

How quick Items damage needs to be longer. I cut up pumpkin 5 times and my knife is ruined. Suppressor is ruined after a few shots. If you shoot your gun on full auto then yes after a full clip the Suppressor is ruined. but if you shot one round then a few min later shot again it should last longer. 

Crafting bullets would be cool. Melt Tin(Empty soda cans, Canned food) down in a cooking pot. Dismantle bullets and landmines for gunpowder(Landmines should have chance of exploding without proper tool). take that stuff to said building to craft the gear, Like the work shops on the side of the Bars. 

I would like to see traps in the game. Stick, rope, fishing line(dismantle from fishing pole), combine with cans(improvise alarm), with Flairs or chem light(Light up area) with teddy bears (loud squeaking sound). great use to bring back the flare gun 🙂

I have a lot of really cool ideas but would be happy with this. 

Suppressors, unless they get shot, should not get ruined.  Dirty, yes.  Ruined, no.  Make it so if you don't clean it regularly,  your weapon starts jamming.  Realism is the key to this game, and ruined suppressors are not realistic.

There definetly needs to be more examination on the button layout for controllers which is going to be real difficult. As a controller user for many yrs I would want to try Mouse/Keyboard on Xbox so that can experience similar controls as PC. Even push to talk, invenventory management and having keybinds makes for a better DayZ gaming experience. Using elite controller gives you some extra mapping and That holding RS to free look has to be the worst option in the whole control layout. ItS so wierd. So many options unavailable due to controller button limits I just can't see how only these few options holding breath, leaning L/R ,roll when prone can be mapped to controller. The elite may have options like free look can be remapped to one of the 4 paddles but any1 using standard controller are limited to default. I love Dayz but im 1 who would use M/K to play (although it would be hard to begin with) BUT then there is fairness of controller vs M/K plyrs. 

I don't know what would be best for DayZ on Xbox as far as the button layout it just seems TOO MANY controls to implement if We Xbox plyrs want to have same options as PC.   

On 2/5/2019 at 4:24 PM, Tyler Tee H C said:

RB is power punch. But yeah swap round RB zoom LB Power lunge

only while holding LT though?

7 hours ago, Blake Wallingsford said:

So are we getting an update on 4/2/19?

I hope your taking the piss.

7 hours ago, Blake Wallingsford said:

So are we getting an update on 4/2/19? 

48 minutes ago, Jackel said:

I hope your taking the piss.

Today is 3/12/19  - 4/2/19 will be in 21 days

On 2/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, keviginge said:

There definetly needs to be more examination on the button layout for controllers which is going to be real difficult. As a controller user for many yrs I would want to try Mouse/Keyboard on Xbox so that can experience similar controls as PC. Even push to talk, invenventory management and having keybinds makes for a better DayZ gaming experience. Using elite controller gives you some extra mapping and That holding RS to free look has to be the worst option in the whole control layout. ItS so wierd. So many options unavailable due to controller button limits I just can't see how only these few options holding breath, leaning L/R ,roll when prone can be mapped to controller. The elite may have options like free look can be remapped to one of the 4 paddles but any1 using standard controller are limited to default. I love Dayz but im 1 who would use M/K to play (although it would be hard to begin with) BUT then there is fairness of controller vs M/K plyrs. 

I don't know what would be best for DayZ on Xbox as far as the button layout it just seems TOO MANY controls to implement if We Xbox plyrs want to have same options as PC.   

The devs have stated that they’re looking into implementing separate K&M servers for Xbox.

Controllers while limited, have the option to have multiple functions of the same button. It may make it convoluted for some, while being great for others. An example being push to talk. Holding down on the d-pad to use for that time, or double tapping to keep it on indefinitely.

Of course, we’ll ever have the amount of options and mapping to the level of PC on a controller, though it’s not too bad given what we got.

Closing this thread, as the release patchnotes will be released today. 🙂