Whums

Retexturing the Great Helm

I need help removing or changing the rvmat of the Great Helm so I can retexture it. The _as.paa makes it reflect too much white light so it still looks silver even if you put custom textures on it. In addition the gold never changes and I don't know why that is.unknown.png

In your new class put

hiddenSelections[] = {"zbytek"};

and then change that with hiddenSelectionsTextures and hiddenSelectionsMaterials for the rvmat.

The base class has "camo" for the hiddenSelections, and "camo" excludes the reinforcing bands.

What do you do with the hiddenSelectionsMaterials? I've got this so far

class GreatHelm;
    class TestHelm: GreatHelm
    {
        displayName="Shavowski Helm";
        descriptionShort="This can only be worn by a Shavowski Brother";
        scope=2;

hiddenSelectionsMaterials[]=
        {

};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[]=
        {
            "ShavowskiClothes\Data\ShavowskiClothes\bgreathelm_co",
            "ShavowskiClothes\Data\ShavowskiClothes\bgreathelm_co"
        };
    };

And that did work for getting the gold to change color but it still reflects do I add DZ\characters\headgear\data\greathelm.rvmat to the Hidden Materials?

Edited by Whums

7 minutes ago, Whums said:

What do you do with the hiddenSelectionsMaterials? I've got this so far

class GreatHelm;
    class TestHelm: GreatHelm
    {
        displayName="Shavowski Helm";
        descriptionShort="This can only be worn by a Shavowski Brother";
        scope=2;

hiddenSelectionsMaterials[]=
        {

};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[]=
        {
            "ShavowskiClothes\Data\ShavowskiClothes\bgreathelm_co"
        };
    };

And that did work for getting the gold to change color but it still reflects do I add DZ\characters\headgear\data\greathelm.rvmat to the Hidden Materials?

You can use hiddenSelectionsMaterials to replace the original rvmat with your own.

10 minutes ago, Whums said:

How could I go about editing the rvmat

Text editor, but easiest way is in Object Builder, in Resources Library window, you can see "Current LOD", "Current Model", etc, within those is "material" folder and if you have rvmat in there, you can double-click and edit within that, and use Buldozer to see your changes.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/RVMAT_basics

The object is binarized and I can't load it. This is what I'm greeted with

unknown.png

Have to use your own object to preview rvmat look that way. Or look at the values from another one which has material similar to what you want. 

Is there just a way to disable the _as texture file in the code, because I can't figure all that out. I was able to get the helmet to look like this by replacing the rvmat file with the moto helmets one

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Whums said:

Is there just a way to disable the _as texture file in the code, because I can't figure all that out. I was able to get the helmet to look like this by replacing the rvmat file with the moto helmets one

This is just a text file, you're looking at a binarised version. Can't apply motorcycle helmet's maps to great helm.

There's a examples of ARMA super shader rvmat and how to use on this page as well as previous link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Super_shader

You want to point to great helm's  _nohq, _smdi, _as maps in the appropriate stages, change specular, specularPower and in Stage6 the fresnel values, and for a world map you want to replace ARMA 3 environment map with "dz\data\data\env_land_co.paa" in Stage7.

15 hours ago, -Gews- said:

This is just a text file, you're looking at a binarised version. Can't apply motorcycle helmet's maps to great helm.

There's a examples of ARMA super shader rvmat and how to use on this page as well as previous link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Super_shader

You want to point to great helm's  _nohq, _smdi, _as maps in the appropriate stages, change specular, specularPower and in Stage6 the fresnel values, and for a world map you want to replace ARMA 3 environment map with "dz\data\data\env_land_co.paa" in Stage7.

After taking this example and changing said things how do I convert it into a rvmat file?