Sam Shindig

Just started playing. Some small quirks.

Just got the game preview on Xbox, absolutely loving it.... but like other players have mentioned, the FPS does tend to drop and I’ve had it happen with low population servers also.

Small glitch where characters elbow will break and do circles when carrying an object like wire barricade, or any heavy item.

Also just a question. I know that DayZ is supposed to eventually have a single player mode on PC but I was curious if the same plan went for Xbox? I do love to survive alone and without any worries of RDM or lag coming along. Another curious question will there be invite only servers where you can invite just your friends?

I am aware this is the game preview and, it will have problems I’m just mentioning the ones I have found so far.

3 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Single player?

Link or it didn't happen.

On PC at least, that was the original plan.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:03 PM, -Gews- said:

"... we're going to introduce a single-player DayZ option. So if you know, your internet fails, you can still play the game ... so, you know, you'll have that option if you just can't stand people, you can play by yourself ... but, past that, the single-player DayZ will also allow modders, which is a big thing obviously for PC gaming, to test their content locally before they start to push it to the Steam workshop."

—Brian Hicks, former DayZ Lead Producer, PC Gaming Show, E3, June 16, 2015

4 hours ago, Sam Shindig said:

Also just a question. I know that DayZ is supposed to eventually have a single player mode on PC but I was curious if the same plan went for Xbox? I do love to survive alone and without any worries of RDM or lag coming along.

...however, it's no longer the plan. So though I could be wrong, I doubt for Xbox either.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:52 AM, ImpulZ said:

The Offline Mode will no longer be supported from our side, the development focus is on the original online experience.

I thought you meant a real single player mode with missions and or a goal. You're basically talking about a private server by yourself.

Pffftt...