Baty Alquawen

Status Report - January 2019

Even the developers want the bow back in, but they want the game to run better before they put it back in.

As for the bike it will be a lot later if ever it be put in the game.

Hello! I have been playing DayZ standalone since it first came out in 2013 and then from 2015 i made a big break until a month ago and I find the game to be improved greatly since I last played. 

The release on PS4 is something I am looking forward to because I don't have a proper gaming PC anymore but the info about its release is unclear. I've read Q1 2019 but here it says later this year? Why is the game for PS4 late, considering it has been available for xbox one for a while now? 

I would really appreciate a more detailed status report.

Do we know when this patch will be made official and then available for the community modded servers

We are three months into 2019 and still no roadmap, what a surprise. Seems like development and communications are running just as smoothly as all the previous years. Please prove me wrong in that statement, I want to be gravely mistaking about it because 2019 is the year of Dayz. 

Edited by Brandon Clinch
  • Beans 1

On 2/26/2019 at 6:07 PM, Brandon Clinch said:

Please prove me wrong.

You’re not wrong. They started the 2019 roadmap in 2019... which is like packing for a trip and getting in the car before you’ve even figured out where you’re going. 

It’s fun and spontaneous but results in frequent changes in destination as well as the reoccurring realization that you packed the wrong shit. 

• Beans 2

On 2/27/2019 at 2:07 AM, Brandon Clinch said:

We are three months into 2019 and still no roadmap, what a surprise. Seems like development and communications are running just as smoothly as all the previous years. Please prove me wrong in that statement, I want to be gravely mistaking about it because 2019 is the year of Dayz. 

I thought 2018 was the year of DayZ?

• Haha 1

Pretty disappointing that there is no Status Report in February and no sign of any roadmap. The roadmap should have been published in January at best, in February was passable. But come on! March?

• Beans 2

This is because they are not sure yet if they will be able to get the helicopter working for Gamescom....

• Beans 1

On 3/2/2019 at 10:32 AM, Private Evans said:

This is because they are not sure yet if they will be able to get the helicopter working for Gamescom....

Knowing the history of vehicles in DayZ SA a helicopter has always been a terrifying prospect. 

I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t go anywhere near one.

11 hours ago, eno said:

Knowing the history of vehicles in DayZ SA a helicopter has always been a terrifying prospect. 

I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t go anywhere near one.

not just the thought of going near a one that has a remote possibility of working, but the actual time and effort required to get it to that point. And keep it hidden or appearing as though no one is building it.

And actually flying it is also potentially a required learned skill. I have crashed a few in Arma 2. . . In Arma 2 you just try again  . for DayZ, the thought of crashing after all that work  .  . . and having to do it again .  . and your character

Edited by aux7

On 1/30/2019 at 9:58 AM, kopo79 said:

if honest...i stopped playing when i noticed that there is not diseases other than eternal sneezing.

This. Diseases are extremely important to the DayZ experience, and without them medicine is practically useless. I thought I remembered someone on the dev team talking about reimplementing hardcore diseases into the game soon, but I think at the very least there needs to be punishments for eating human steak and raw meats. Also a benefit to cooking your food (I.E. mushrooms, vegetables) would be seriously awesome.

I personally cannot wait for the day AIDS and Tuberculosis are added to the game, but some lesser conditions like vomiting for eating raw meat would be good for now.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, SourceFroob said:

This. Diseases are extremely important to the DayZ experience, and without them medicine is practically useless. I thought I remembered someone on the dev team talking about reimplementing hardcore diseases into the game soon, but I think at the very least there needs to be punishments for eating human steak and raw meats. .

Pretty sure salmonella is in if you eat raw chicken, and I know kuru is in since one of our guys has been giggling maniacally for days. There's also some sort of cold that people can get- I'm not entirely sure how but the ongoing coughing exposed a guy trying to ambush us some time ago. 

You also get sick with dirty water- causing irregular vomitous. 

It's certainly not the greatest but they're in game. 

41 minutes ago, eno said:

Pretty sure salmonella is in if you eat raw chicken, and I know kuru is in since one of our guys has been giggling maniacally for days. There's also some sort of cold that people can get- I'm not entirely sure how but the ongoing coughing exposed a guy trying to ambush us some time ago. 

You also get sick with dirty water- causing irregular vomitous. 

It's certainly not the greatest but they're in game. 

i have been eaten chickenz raw since 0.63 and it doesent do anything to me...same as eating with bloody hands.
my last test i eat whole sheep raw...nothing happened.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

i have been eaten chickenz raw since 0.63 and it doesent do anything to me...same as eating with bloody hands.

Okay thanks for saying that... I'd read somewhere that slamminlola was in and never really wanted to try it out. I always chuckle every time I kill an animal and all the meat and fat is laying around... I think it was you who wrote about "eating a whole sheep" and even right now as I write that I'm laughing... the concept is hilarious to me. 

Anyway... okay so disregard what I said about the chicken but I can say human meat will have a high potential of giving your kuru and that will result in your character laughing like a rooster- with annoying frequency. It would be a little less annoying if it shifted between laughing and crying but priorities I guess.

Though I don't know if we know what the priorities are since it's almost mid-march and as far as I know they're still having meetings about the roadmap. 

Edited by eno
  • Beans 1

On 3/11/2019 at 6:00 PM, kopo79 said:

On 3/11/2019 at 6:28 PM, eno said:

Okay thanks for saying that... I'd read somewhere that slamminlola was in and never really wanted to try it out. I always chuckle every time I kill an animal and all the meat and fat is laying around... I think it was you who wrote about "eating a whole sheep" and even right now as I write that I'm laughing... the concept is hilarious to me.

So I tortured my toon for a while for your amusement. This was an umodded community server, I specifically asked the admins about that. Here's what I got:

- I ate raw cow guts, raw cow steaks, half a raw lard, a burnt cow steak, a burnt goat steak, a burnt white mushroom and I washed it all down with pond water on several occasions, with dirty hands (no blood skin for me but an option to wash hands was there) - yet I failed to contract any condition

- I drunk tincture, which induced vomit, but no condition followed

- there's a hyperthermia indicator now (i.e. yellow and red thermometer, which blinks at the end of the scale), but it doesn't work now. Apart from putting my face in fire, I couldn't get my toon to get any overheating reaction

- you can't burn lard now even if you try (the animation just stops)

NOTE: on another community server I did get some kind of poisoning (i.e. a germ icon), but my toon died while swimming in the air (!)

QUESTION: assuming that water poisoning (cholera) is in, is the chance calculated per volume or per 'sip'? Is it better to fill a pot with dirty water and take it in at one time vs. taking numerous sips from a pond?

5 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

So I tortured my toon for a while for your amusement. This was an umodded community server, I specifically asked the admins about that. Here's what I got:

- I ate raw cow guts, raw cow steaks, half a raw lard, a burnt cow steak, a burnt goat steak, a burnt white mushroom and I washed it all down with pond water on several occasions, with dirty hands (no blood skin for me but an option to wash hands was there) - yet I failed to contract any condition

- I drunk tincture, which induced vomit, but no condition followed

- there's a hyperthermia indicator now (i.e. yellow and red thermometer, which blinks at the end of the scale), but it doesn't work now. Apart from putting my face in fire, I couldn't get my toon to get any overheating reaction

- you can't burn lard now even if you try (the animation just stops)

NOTE: on another community server I did get some kind of poisoning (i.e. a germ icon), but my toon died while swimming in the air (!)

QUESTION: assuming that water poisoning (cholera) is in, is the chance calculated per volume or per 'sip'? Is it better to fill a pot with dirty water and take it in at one time vs. taking numerous sips from a pond?

All I can add is that I drank water from the pump, until the full stomach as usual, and then my character started throwing up . . . if they are going to do that on clean water there needs to be an indication to the user that you are approaching capacity. I also note that I get colder faster, in the rain and swimming.

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

All I can add is that I drank water from the pump, until the full stomach as usual, and then my character started throwing up . . . if they are going to do that on clean water there needs to be an indication to the user that you are approaching capacity. I also note that I get colder faster, in the rain and swimming.

Well, on my server I got the full stomach indicator (a stomach some arrows pointing outwards) before I puked into my helmet. Maybe it's inconsistently on and off?

9 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Well, on my server I got the full stomach indicator (a stomach some arrows pointing outwards) before I puked into my helmet. Maybe it's inconsistently on and off?

The stomach symbol went on as I puked, normally (ok, before) it would go on and I would stop drinking . . I havent been to a water pump for a while

Edited by aux7