Sign in to follow this  
exwoll

Anyone knows if it´s possible to add headbob and motion blur to the game?

I find it frustrating that the new update took these options out. What before was a quite cool POV that added a lot of immersion for me, now its just another FPS pov with a drone like POV with no bob in 1pp (for some reason 3pp has it...).

So, is there any way of tweaking the config fiiles to get this settings back?

Or will they be back in game in the future?

Look in username_settings.DayZProfile for head bob. Didn't check if changing it does anything.

I am not a fan of this apparent new mindset where they take options away from player. No longer can I choose my own menu settings for head bob (NOT a fan), post-processing, toggle vs hold, brightness and gamma, resolution, etc. Instead it's all forced to be a certain way, to make sure you get the "intended experience". Don't like it.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, exwoll said:

I find it frustrating that the new update took these options out. What before was a quite cool POV that added a lot of immersion for me, now its just another FPS pov with a drone like POV with no bob in 1pp (for some reason 3pp has it...).

Or will they be back in game in the future?

Currently we have a technical constraint when it comes to certain camera behaviour. Because of that we cannot have adjustable headbob at the moment (we agree that would be optimal).

Without being able to make it adjustable we had the choice between having strong headbob or reduced headbob, one causing motion sickness for some players, the other one slightly impacting the feel of immersion. So currently we have lowered the headbob-effect, to go with the lesser evil so to say. It is not removed, but definitely reduced.

We hope we will be able to change that in the future.

Thanks for the reply!

Great to hear that this will change in the future!. Can't there be just an option to turn that headbob ON (with a Warning about the potential motion sickness)?. Just for the players that are sure that they never had this issue with any 1PP game?

Oh, and what about the Motion Blur? This was one of my favorite things about DayZ's 1PP in comparison with other shooters!

6 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Currently we have a technical constraint when it comes to certain camera behaviour. Because of that we cannot have adjustable headbob at the moment (we agree that would be optimal).

Without being able to make it adjustable we had the choice between having strong headbob or reduced headbob, one causing motion sickness for some players, the other one slightly impacting the feel of immersion. So currently we have lowered the headbob-effect, to go with the lesser evil so to say. It is not removed, but definitely reduced.

Me as well as a lot of players do not like any headbob in 3PP. It doesn't belong in 3PP. 1PP, sure...if that's what you prefer. At the end of the day it's taste and taste IS choice so if there is no choice there shouldn't be any headbob. I'm not picking sides because I love 1PP AND 3PP...I do both. But the hard cold truth is that 1PP players are the vast minority, probably along the lines of ~3% of the entire player base if I was to take a guess and that's probably being generous. Long time players coming back to enjoy the new engine are telling me the headbob looks out of place in 3PP. It's not even head-bob, it's world-bob and it's very aggro. Removing it entirely until there is choice should be stock.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

On 1/25/2019 at 6:04 AM, ImpulZ said:

Ouch , whatever happened to the enfusion engine being able to do anything dayz needed it to do ? You know , the reason why the game development was exacerbated for so many years ? Strange that things are taking longer and even more constraints are presenting themselves with this new engine compared to the old , when it should be the exact opposite .

i hope to see a brighter future for dayz very very soon , as of right now lots of little things (and big things) that use to matter to devs are now thrown to the wind without consequence as long as it meshes with new customers mindsets , and that scares me seeing how we still have broken persistence almost two months into 1.0 ! 

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420

What are the chances that we'll be able to turn off head bob in third person?

I have filed trouble tickets for this issue.  When I bought the game years ago I could turn it off, having vertigo I would never purchase a game without the option to turn it off or being forced into 1PP.  After .63 I haven't been able to play and it's extremely disappointing, that's a fundamentally game breaking change for some people.  It's been over a year since this post and it still isn't an available option.

• Like 1

Hi there! So after not being able to add back the visual settings to the game I pretty much stopped playing, given that the game aesthetics lost its "cinematic" flavor with the remotion of the motion blur, bloom and head bob configs. I pretty much wasn't enjoying the CSGO-like visuals where the sharp object texture edges weren't hidden by the blur, I had quite some troubles getting back the immersion I felt before the changes.

Now with the supposed comeback of the old volumetric skybox, are there any plans on giving us the visual settings back?

I saw that there's a mod in the workshop that pretty much "unlocks" what you guys for some reason took away (I suspect console porting incompatibility, don't know why the settings weren't just hidden for console users only via code), and it works quite well as far as I've seen: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2469448088 (don't mind the extreme examples from the slideshow, it looks quite good once you tone down the settings in the game). So I for sure know that its technically possible to have this back 🙂

This is how the game looked for me before 0.63:

IMO it looks a lot better than what the current game shows, which honestly for some reason feels actually older than what we had before.

Edited by exwoll

26 minutes ago, exwoll said:

Hi there! So after not being able to add back the visual settings to the game I pretty much stopped playing, given that the game aesthetics lost its "cinematic" flavor with the remotion of the motion blur, bloom and head bob configs. I pretty much wasn't enjoying the CSGO-like visuals where the sharp object texture edges weren't hidden by the blur, I had quite some troubles getting back the immersion I felt before the changes.

Now with the supposed comeback of the old volumetric skybox, are there any plans on giving us the visual settings back?

I saw that there's a mod in the workshop that pretty much "unlocks" what you guys for some reason took away (I suspect console porting incompatibility, don't know why the settings weren't just hidden for console users only via code), and it works quite well as far as I've seen: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2469448088 (don't mind the extreme examples from the slideshow, it looks quite good once you tone down the settings in the game). So I for sure know that its technically possible to have this back 🙂

This is how the game looked for me before 0.63:

IMO it looks a lot better than what the current game shows, which honestly for some reason feels actually older than what we had before.

They've made the game into a competitive feeling fps, removed the gunplay inertia, made pushing people more viable than holding an angle etc. I do think they can add this back as an option but it may not be worth their time since it is less of a advantage thus not many people are going to use it. 

Edited by SleeperZ

But it wouldnt use more than a handful of minutes of coding, probably a lot less than that since its practically just adding back some lines to the CFG files so BattleEye doesn't punish people doing that themselves. The graphic engine has the capability, it doesn't affect servers in any way, it's literally just player individual settings.

I mean, any modern FPS has like 34563453 settings that a player can tune according to their taste. For some reason DayZ went the other way around lol.

9 minutes ago, SleeperZ said:

not many people are going to use it. 

A lot more than the people with motion sickness turning head bob off for example 🙂

Edited by exwoll

Cant delete a post for some reason.

Edited by exwoll
Pls delete

UE5 achieves its realism in part thanks to motion blur and the headbob settings as example 🙂

I honestly don't understand why they even removed the option from the game , when the engine is completely capable of having it (and more). I have checked the sVisuals mod on a local test server and it works quite well when set correctly, but hosting a server only to have a single visual option that should be available with the game by default is kinda anti-economical lol.

I really wish the devs just add back the visual options to the game menu. Its basically 2 lines of code in the config file.