SamZ4OO

New player... mag placement in inventory

Just checking on something someone told me but say I have a 9mm pistol and I also have multiple mags for it. Do I have to have the spare mags in my jacket in order to do a quick swap of mags while I’m in combat instead of having to go to inventory and hitting B on a new mag?  

I guess the bigger question is does it matter where your items are at in your inventory?

Was gonna do a big write-up on how to make really good use of the hotbar (quickslots, whatever they are called) but then I realized you are posting in the Xbox section.. doh.

Sorry don't know.

• Haha 1

I usually put them in a vest of some description . Then by pressing “ y “ your character will reload  the weapon . However u need to have enough space in said vest to accommodate the “empty “ mag . I.e if the vest holds 30 slots and the magazine uses 3 you can fill the vest to a capacity of 27 and succesfully reload using the method above. As for the importance of the location of said mags in your inventory tbh I’m unsure as I’ve always used a vest . Hope this helps .

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, bearjew1101 said:

I usually put them in a vest of some description . Then by pressing “ y “ your character will reload  the weapon . However u need to have enough space in said vest to accommodate the “empty “ mag . I.e if the vest holds 30 slots and the magazine uses 3 you can fill the vest to a capacity of 27 and succesfully reload using the method above. As for the importance of the location of said mags in your inventory tbh I’m unsure as I’ve always used a vest . Hope this helps .

Yes,  helps a lot.   Was wondering cause sources say that if you have mags in your backpack or pants, reloading will not work. Randomly reloading works ( with mags in jacket or vest) when I’m not being shot at, but was in a situation where multiple players were pushing me and I shot several rounds and killed one and tried reloading with mags in my vest and didn’t work.  Results were not good. 

The best thing that i do that works about 90% of the time is hold L trigger to bring up your gun then push the Y button. Try it out. Or have one in the chamber works too. Im not sure about if the mags are in my backback gets used but i know that if its in your vest, jacket or pants you will still reload the gun. I always have my ammo an mags on my vest cuz its more logical in my opinion.

Edited by xKJCxDaRkMaN

2 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Randomly reloading works ( with mags in jacket or vest) when I’m not being shot at, but was in a situation where multiple players were pushing me and I shot several rounds and killed one and tried reloading with mags in my vest and didn’t work.  Results were not good. 

this happens all the time, propably the game isn't registering the reload since the frames drops drastically.

• Haha 1