Survivor1431

Content is #1 Priority, Not Persistence.

13 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

trolling your own troll thread..... way to take it to the next level.  how the hell did this thread get people to ignore the 'do not feed the animals' sign over 20 times? i guess who am i to talk..... im throwing the crust of my sandwich into the monkey cage right now....

I'm pretty sure the moderators have pretty much abandoned these forums.  The green guy is gone, Bone something, no Steak and Potatoes, the Kichi guy.... etc.  There is no moderation anymore and it's just full of trolls and crybabies whining about the game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

WOW - What do you SEE in the Browser that freaks you out so much? The Existential Void? - Death, confusion, chaos, cold, night , rain, broken bones, shrieks, blood, horror ??  This is the moment of Truth! - You've got to nerve yourself up to GET PAST THAT BROWSER, dude - it's NOT the worst thing that you will ever face in DayZ, I swear.
Think of clicking on the browser as a night combat drop into enemy territory.   Sure, it's hell, but that's what you're there for.

3 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Time to upgrade if you can barely move around and click on the server browser.  No offence.  Also, learn to use filters.  Really helps 

The server browser is bad, especially for a 1.0 release, there is no denying that. Filters also don't help. I wonder if you even ever loaded the community tab @Guy Smiley. Even with filters it takes way too long to see your favorites or the server you're actually looking for. It just loads all the servers in the background and checks if a server is in your favorites. It should just only load your favorite servers, not all of them. And now I'm talking with filters, try to pick a server without the filters. Or try setting a filter when you've got no filters set, you need to let it load all the community servers first before you're able to filter. Even searching a server with a direct IP takes a while, that is just bullshit and there is no justifying that.

This is 1.0, we don't need work arounds, we need solutions. Solutions which should've been there in the first place.

• Like 1

Just now, IMT said:

The server browser is bad, especially for a 1.0 release, there is no denying that. Filters also don't help. I wonder if you even ever loaded the community tab @Guy Smiley. Even with filters it takes way too long to see your favorites or the server you're actually looking for. It just loads all the servers in the background and checks if a server is in your favorites. It should just only load your favorite servers, not all of them. And now I'm talking with filters, try to pick a server without the filters. Or try setting a filter when you've got no filters set, you need to let it load all the community servers first before you're able to filter. Even searching a server with a direct IP takes a while, that is just bullshit and there is no justifying that.

This is 1.0, we don't need work arounds, we need solutions. Solutions which should've been there in the first place.

Maybe actually watch the video and you will see I loaded the community tab instead of trying to sit on your high horse and discredit me ;)

• Beans 1

My server browser loads just as fast as Guy's, in that video.   The server browser isn't perfect, but imo, it's pretty far from the most troubled feature.  Without any filters set, it takes a while to populate, sure.  Once it loads 100% you can/should change the ping, public and favorites filters AND apply changes.  Then repopulate.  Do note that there are a TON of community-private servers.  If you set no filters, the browser has a huge task to perform.

The server browser is definitely in a much better spot than it was at 1.0 launch.  Maybe there's something different going for other people but a lot of us aren't seeing that.  Definitely not experience-breaking considering the norm of the last 5 years of DayZ.

Not sure how the server browser got sucked into this troll thread.    >.>

• Beans 1

32 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

trolling your own troll thread..... way to take it to the next level.  how the hell did this thread get people to ignore the 'do not feed the animals' sign over 20 times? i guess who am i to talk..... im throwing the crust of my sandwich into the monkey cage right now....

Ad hominem fallacy. You sir, have been debunked. Try again.

6 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

Ad hominem fallacy. You sir, have been debunked. Try again.

I have noticed that in this Forum only American schoolkids cite "ad hominem" to defend a specious irrelevance.
Is it from your Philosophy 101 ?
Exemplum de simia, quae, quando plus ascendit, plus apparent posteriora eius ?

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/24/2019 at 3:38 AM, pilgrim* said:

I have noticed that in this Forum only American schoolkids cite "ad hominem" to defend a specious irrelevance.
Is it from your Philosophy 101 ?

It is from my mental database of true logic and facts.

• Sad 1

On 1/24/2019 at 1:38 AM, pilgrim* said:

Monté un caballo gordo al mercado el martes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, eno said:

Monté un caballo gordo al mercado el martes.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, Survivor1431 said:

It is from my mental database of true logic and facts.

El que se hace un asno no debe tomárselo mal si le montan los hombres

Edited by pilgrim*
@survivor1431 - He that makes himself an ass must not take it ill if men ride him
  • Confused 1

Lol are you kidding me ? Content WOULD have been #1 priority if the devs didn’t screw us and themselves over by blasting through the end of alpha and beta (alphas are for adding content , betas for fixing it - they blew through BOTH stages to make money for Xmas of 2018 and that’s on them). 

Now that you have been enlightened , do you STILL believe that the devs should be raking us over the coals by pushing off fixing persistence ? Or have you finally had an epiphany that 1.0 should mean fully fixed , fully working persistence and THEN we should get the content that they promised us so damn long ago , the content WE DESERVE for supporting them for so long .

So TL;DR: you’re wrong , since the devs screwed us by rushing the development when it needed to take its time , persistence needs to be #1 priority , and then they need to pump out content like crazy .... they screwed ya over and now we have to pick up the pieces - thanks dayz devs , thanks a lot .

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Haha 1

content is not priority.first comes systems what we have in game in some form and fix those.
persistence first cos no point to go fishing if your fishing rod has vanished in game world.
but really i cant see this game been ready this year.
just think how much there is to do and none of features what has been added has not been "walk in the park"
if they gather data and do they stuff over half year for enviromental exposure and diseases(yes,we have sneeze,lol)
how long it takes to add fishing,throwing,bow,new animals,bike,plane,new static houses,writing notes?

On 22. 01. 2019. at 12:09 AM, IMT said:

You're absolutely wrong about that.

Both persistence and content should have been in game by now. We were supose to be geting new maps and vehicles and new base building objects. Chernarus is 10 years old, moders made new maps in few months. We still read about "PLANING" to fix game breaking bugs....

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Both persistence and content should have been in game by now. We were supose to be geting new maps and vehicles and new base building objects. Chernarus is 10 years old, moders made new maps in few months. We still read about "PLANING" to fox game breaking bugs....

I absolutely, 100 % agree with you on that one. All we keep seeing and hearing is soon™.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, igor-vk said:

We still read about "PLANING" to fox game breaking bugs....

Yeah no kidding. We know what kind of company we’re talking about that is just sitting down to talk about 2019 roadmaps in the first 3 weeks of January 2019. 

On 23.01.2019 at 11:25 PM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Yeah, I've had exactly the same... But now I'm changing my mind somehow. The guy can be legitimately funny at times and it's not like at this current state of the forum he can exert any negative impact. We don't have that many interesting things to discuss anyway.

I still think he's one of us, though, or at least a long-time lurker. The way he plays sometimes on the emotions of regulars can be pretty amusing. "Someone's making up boasts about being #1, I need to explain to him that there are no leaderboards". LOL

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/26/2019 at 5:05 PM, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Lol are you kidding me ? Content WOULD have been #1 priority if the devs didn’t screw us and themselves over by blasting through the end of alpha and beta

Five years of public alpha, one month of beta, and a 1.0 release with many of the bugs from the beta and a few new ones, too.

26 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

Five years of public alpha, one month of beta, and a 1.0 release with many of the bugs from the beta and a few new ones, too.

Correction, four years and 10/11 months of DayZ on old engine, one month of  beta testing .63 on the new engine before release - on stable

Four and half years of alpha on the old engine, 3 months of alpha testing then release -  on experimental

Roughly give or take a month

Haters will be haters, but I knew that would be the price of fame. I live for results, not people's opinions. Facts and logic win every time.

15 hours ago, Survivor1431 said:

I live for results

And you got them. Two pages of them, no less.

Time to let the fishes sleep.