HogsMaws

Join Server Time Edit

Does anyone know where/how to edit the default 15 second server join time? TY in advance

it goes in your serverdz.cfg file as a parameter

respawnTime = 30

Edited by DrZeddy
fixed typo in filename
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DrZeddy said:

it goes in your serverdz.cfg file as a parameter

respawnTime = 30

actually it didn't work.

I put respawnTime = 0 and I put it as the last entry. what did I do wrong? I want there to be no initial wait time to join and respawn

Edited by HogsMaws

The respawntime is only for hm  jeah   respawn       if you are dead and create a new character, lol

The time for first spawn after connecting with server should be anywhere in the script.pbo   can later look into that 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, G0ndalf said:

The respawntime is only for hm  jeah   respawn       if you are dead and create a new character, lol

The time for first spawn after connecting with server should be anywhere in the script.pbo   can later look into that 

Thank You G0ndalf,

I obviously misunderstood the question. 

Apologies HogsMaws... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrZeddy said:

Thank You G0ndalf,

I obviously misunderstood the question. 

Apologies HogsMaws... 

no apologies necessary. I appreciate all the help folks!

i parsed the script.pbo file for the word "spawn" and there were ALOT but i didn't see anything that looked like an initial spawn command.

It's in the globals.xml file -- it's the QueueTimeSameServer parameter -- I would avoid setting it to 0 however as you can start getting the "character locked in database" issue.  I have mine set to 5.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, drgullen said:

It's in the globals.xml file -- it's the QueueTimeSameServer parameter -- I would avoid setting it to 0 however as you can start getting the "character locked in database" issue.  I have mine set to 5.

that worked! thanks again... :)

16 hours ago, HogsMaws said:

i parsed the script.pbo file for the word "spawn" and there were ALOT but i didn't see anything that looked like an initial spawn command.

Jeah i found some things about it and it leads to the QueueTimeSameServer, but i have not found that one (no wonder) :D

Also thx :)