HogsMaws

Persistant Items

wondering what is persistent? I spent hours working on a stone fireplace and it disappeared in a very short time. the stones are hard to get bc you need a pickaxe for it and i can never find it when i'm looking for it and the darg thing deteriorates sooo fast. so what is persistent?

• tents
  • barrels
  • stone fireplace, ovens etc..

It's basically anything that you have added to the world that wasn't there to begin with and is not on your person.  So, pitching a tent, adding loot to that tent, adding loot to barrels, burying loot, interacting with a vehicle, building anything -- all these changes to the world are supposed to end up in the persistence files.  The trouble is, even one server crash can wipe out some or all of those files, so you could go weeks and have your base stay put or it could be gone in a few hours, for example -- it all depends how stable the server is and whether or not the server owner has a backup/restore plan in place or not.  If there's no plan in place, it's like walking the tightrope back and forth in a tropical storm -- eventually, you're going to fall.

• Like 2