Dover5899

How to get rid of sickness??

On 20/01/2019 at 1:21 PM, Man Parts 241 said:

Stop getting sick.

This. Lmao.

My advice is asses why your getting sick and avoid whatever that is? are you aware of what can get you sick in game? 

Edited by xzDIABLOzx

I actually had the brain flu. Coughing sneezing. Went to the coast. Drop all my gear off my body. Went 20 yards away killed myself got a close spawn ran back picked up all my loot. Was good to go. P.s might wanna drop all your open food and drinks. Canteens waters bottles need dropped

I think you catch the cough from drinking infected water - any water not from a pump can do this.
Also I think you can catch it from other players, or from drinking from a bottle already used by an infected player.
Eating or drinking with bloody hands may have something to do with it (some say).

Some players on this forum have said it goes away after a few hours (?) as long as you don't re-infect or cross-infect from other players.
Some players say the cough lasts permanently now, since the last patch.

Are there any solo players, who have not been in contact with other players - who have caught this cough and either waited it out, or got rid of it?
How did you do it? 

thanx

21 minutes ago, pilgrim* said:

Are there any solo players, who have not been in contact with other players - who have caught this cough and either waited it out, or got rid of it?
How did you do it? 

thanx

I got mine from a canteen that I picked up from a dead player. I had a full cooking pot my self with pristine water so I've learned my lesson. Ate some pills, sat by a fire, nothing. It took about 5-6 hours of gameplay to get rid off. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Well touch wood, so far, never been sick. But only ever drink from wells and from loot spawned canteens. Also generally play solo so not much chance of catching it off friends with dirty habits! Sometimes I'll boil water if I've got a stove. I haven't tried using water purification tablets to clean up River water as I heard somewhere that they didn't work. Does anyone know if they work now? 

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well touch wood, so far, never been sick. But only ever drink from wells and from loot spawned canteens. Also generally play solo so not much chance of catching it off friends with dirty habits! Sometimes I'll boil water if I've got a stove. I haven't tried using water purification tablets to clean up River water as I heard somewhere that they didn't work. Does anyone know if they work now? 

Can confirm chlorine tabs work with all water holding items again . 

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

On 1/23/2019 at 9:58 AM, nikoor said:

I got mine from a canteen that I picked up from a dead player. I had a full cooking pot my self with pristine water so I've learned my lesson. Ate some pills, sat by a fire, nothing. It took about 5-6 hours of gameplay to get rid off. 

I wonder if even coming into contact with an infected body would’ve still gotten you sick, regardless of drinking the canteen?

5 hours ago, Nayte said:

I wonder if even coming into contact with an infected body would’ve still gotten you sick, regardless of drinking the canteen?

few days ago we were fighting bunch of people and the last one of them was sneezing and coughing. in the end I skinned him but haven't got anything. have not eaten yet with my dirty hands, will do first thing when I continue with the character.

• Like 1

Sneezing/Coughing currently spreads the related disease within a small radius around the sick player. It does not immediately make you sick, but it affects your immune system until you get sick if exposed long enough. So keep your distance to other sick players.

Eating from cans/drinking from water bottles when sick will infect the food source for yourself and others tasting from it afterwards (eating from freshly opened food does not make you sicker).

This sickness system is still work in progress and subject to change.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/23/2019 at 8:58 AM, nikoor said:

After update i spawned in sick along with bleeding. Ran like that for a week eating medicine. Boiling water and charcoal tabs and nothing. I dont believe anything is working for the flu atm. Being sick adds a 15% chance you are more likely to agro the zombies

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Sneezing/Coughing currently spreads the related disease within a small radius around the sick player. It does not immediately make you sick, but it affects your immune system until you get sick if exposed long enough. So keep your distance to other sick players.

Eating from cans/drinking from water bottles when sick will infect the food source for yourself and others tasting from it afterwards (eating from freshly opened food does not make you sicker).

This sickness system is still work in progress and subject to change.

Thanks ImpulZ, are you able to confirm if taking multivitamins actually counteracts a weak immune system?