ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

I would like to see a slightly larger variety of guns and attachments. Not as extensive as the PC version, but possibly just another version of a shotgun, hunting rifle, and assault rifle. Then the appropriate attachments to match. 

Aside from that; the sickness, I believe to be the common cold, indicated by coughing and sneezing needs to be nerfed for the amount of actual coughing and sneezing the character presents with or the length of time it lasts. Because it is so difficult to cure and the current amount of coughing and sneezing is so great that it becomes overbearingly annoying everyone I've run into who's encountered it simply runs to the coast and suicides because it's more convenient. That to me, says something is not balanced well when players in a game like DayZ choose suicide over recovery of what should be a mild sickness.

Thank you for all your efforts put into the game thus far, and what an excellent overall game it is!! 🙂

Edited by Kris Parker

The dubbel tap on the d pad down button to keep ingame voice chat activited does not work anymore. Also when i am in a xbox live party with a friend and we meet a player we can speak to them (while holding dpad down) but we can not hear him speak. For that we have to leave our xbox live party. 

Greetings

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hansil said:

The dubbel tap on the d pad down button to keep ingame voice chat activited does not work anymore. Also when i am in a xbox live party with a friend and we meet a player we can speak to them (while holding dpad down) but we can not hear him speak. For that we have to leave our xbox live party. 

Greetings

Yes please fix the Dpad voicechat toggle

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, Stagman70 said:

With all the issues the game has, the duct tape issue is what you want to address?  How about server locking characters?  That would eliminate combat loggers.  That would eliminate duping (and as an extra added benefit, it would automatically fix the CLE).  That would eliminate ghosting.  Basically, if they make it to where your character is locked into a specific server, it would fix 80% of what is wrong with the game.

Yeah but you should kill your self each time you want to play with friends or in a community server, also what would happen if the server your character is at is full (YOU COULDN'T PLAY)

XBOX

1) Can we change holding X to drop an item? My problem is that if i'm trying to jump or open something or climb and there is an item in hand it will often drop. Ive lost multiple weapons without realizing. 

2) Moving items in inventory. Maybe i just haven't figured it out yet . I am not able to move items from storage location to another. ie from jacket pocket to backpack slot, from pant pockets to jacket pocket etc. 

3) Is there a way to jump a short fence or low structure ?

4) Ive seen items on cargo cranes near the shore spawn under the floor you stand on up top. If your climbing a ladder you can see the item between the ceiling of engine room and the floor of the cat walk the ladder leads to.

5) Sometimes when opening a door ( often when exiting a house) your character gets stuck behind the door and the wall/dresser/bookshelf/ etc.

Suggestions

What about a road maps that can be marked on, to track location.An item you have to find. Also a burnable item.

Better tutorial

• Like 1

When jumping over fences you sometimes get stuck on them, same when opening and closing ddor get stuck on them.

Keep up the good work. GG

• Like 1

Here is a list of some bugs i’ve noticed. 

- When I’m in my inventory sometimes when cycling through catergorys of clothing (using the LT&RT) my RT somehow will stop working. This bug then won’t allow me to scroll down in my inventory or use the RT. I can only use LT and scroll up. This makes it very difficult to move items through out my inventory. 

- Most recently I’ve noticed that deer sometimes won’t take damage. We came across one and fired 4-6 shotgun shells and 5-7 pistol bullets into a deer it just looked at us and slowly walked away(creepy) lol. 

- Sometimes when I try to drop an equiped weapon that’s on my back (Rifle or Melee weapon) it will in turn drop my whole backpack or rucksack. Sometimes annoying cause my backpack can be ruined and I won’t be able to pick it back up. 

Heres a list of some things that would make the game better IMO. 

- when switching out clothing (Shirts,Jackets,Pants,Backpacks) it would be massively convenient if instead of having to move all my items from the old piece of clothing to the new one it would just automatically move all my stuff to the new piece of clothing. Instead of having to hold A and press RB twice for each item. 

- Make a more descriptive tutorial menu. So new players don’t get so frustrated trying to learn. 

- make it easier to find specific servers( search bar maybe idk) 

- Overall just making it easier to navigate through inventory would be great. Things like moving inventory, changing clothes is difficult at the moment. 

Ill try and add more as I think about it. Thank you guys for porting it to Xbox I’ve been loving the game with my friends. Please keep up the hard work and continue to work on bugs. Looking forward to the future. 

CrimsonMcNasty 

Edited by CrimsonMcNasty2
Typo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CrimsonMcNasty2 said:

when switching out clothing (Shirts,Jackets,Pants,Backpacks) it would be massively convenient if instead of having to move all my items from the old piece of clothing to the new one it would just automatically move all my stuff to the new piece of clothing. Instead of having to hold A and press RB twice for each item. 

next time just tap Y instead of A + RB and you'll be done in no time

• Like 1

Honestly, I’d really just like to see some major bug fixes to make the game overall smoother. It’s a really rough expierence and most Xbox gamers aren’t about rough anything’s. This game has the most amazing potential for any video game I’ve ever played, but simple things as fighting zombies animation being extremely minimal, with little to no gore is unsettling, like maybe a lock on feature would be great so that way we don’t accidentally kill one another when trying to play together. The LAG is insane, and extremely unfortunate on the more highly populated servers, mic communication is patchy at best and should be streamlined somehow. So all in all, fix the lag and other small misc bugs, add a more detailed animation when killing zombies, auto-lock feature??? And fix the mic quality to be less patchy. WE WANT SMOOTH! 

Also, a more streamlined inventory menu would be great! Because it’s very buggy when trying to put items on the ground into the inventory, combining or moving items rarely works as intended, and when trying to loot at full capacity items names and descriptions won’t appear. Which is an issue, because how is anyone supposed to know if they’d prefer the other thing. Vs something they have 

This game in its current condition is utter garbage, I was a fully geared player who grinded on my character for 10+ hours. When I log off to go make some food I come back and log back in and my character is in the same spot but with no clothes no nothing, invintory completely empty. Then I try resetting my game and I can’t even load into a server, “lost connection with host” you need to get a whole new engine and re think about how you made people pay 40 bucks for trash that dosnt even work, the games been in “progress” for as long as I can remember, get off ur ass and start working on your game, need to get your shit together 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Elenbaas03 said:

This game in its current condition is utter garbage, I was a fully geared player who grinded on my character for 10+ hours. When I log off to go make some food I come back and log back in and my character is in the same spot but with no clothes no nothing, invintory completely empty. Then I try resetting my game and I can’t even load into a server, “lost connection with host” you need to get a whole new engine and re think about how you made people pay 40 bucks for trash that dosnt even work, the games been in “progress” for as long as I can remember, get off ur ass and start working on your game, need to get your shit together 

did you hit the "exit now"? I did once and when I came back I had nothing but my plate carrier 😂

Game is working well for me. The lag in big cities isn't that notable and seems stronger on 3rd person servers I find.

Got killed yesterday and there probably going to be a wipe with the new update soon so holding off playing until it's drops

Some others have stated similar but ill put them here:

- Bring back double tap for voip please.

- Use RB for looking around

-Fix UI and inventory so it's not as clunky

-Weird bug on HC server, character is wearing green combats but in HC when I look down they are blue...if play normal server that back to green again.

Other than that, if you could make performance a little better, it's an amazing game. 

On 2/16/2019 at 6:02 AM, wvollmer said:

Pubg does it on console and they do it quite well although it would take some additional mapping and adjusting it is absolutely possible. 

TBH, they should just rip off PUBG's controls wholesale. 

Go 7 lines down for the meat and potatoes

First off to have an opportunity to actually speak with the developers is an awesome step in the right direction, and thank you for that.

Second I just want to express the amount of patience and effort that goes into scripting, developing, and building is very immense to say the least  and having only a fraction of the workforce in comparison to the large scale developing teams is very challenging, so understanding that we may need to wait longer for the necessary content is understandable.

Third I have been one of the biggest fans for the release of this game, it was in my opinion the most anticipated game to come to any platform for that matter, and was rumored to have mechanics and gameplay that as a gaming community we have always wanted.

Now what I want to understand is why after a update are we seeing issues that should have been resolved with the update, and then finding out the update has created more problem? I really just want a explanation; is there not a prior update test that can can prevent issues like that? next why are we seeing terrain and image clipping so badly in some of the most popular towns and areas after the official release?

Finally I just want to be able to join a server get my loot, find a car, build a base , and not have somebody login to another server to login to my server in my base and take everything away so easily, I honestly want to play this game but issues like that take my motivation to try again, when will we see official servers?

Thanks for reading and responding. xoxo

Add a way to quickly transfer items from inventory to tents, barrels, chests etc. Its extremely annoying to hold A and switch to the tents inventory (which is damn near pointless with the inventory lag.                                                                                                                                                                   Next, add a toggleable cursor while in the inventory, would make things far less painless.                                                                                                Also, encountered a bug where a friend handcuffed me while I had my SVD out and it bugged out. Still had my rifle in hands, couldnt access inventory, I relogged and spawned as a new character, lost all my shit.                                                                                                                                    Fix Voip toggle, fix horrendous lag in elektro and cherno.                                                                                                                                                                Let me map my own controls or just ripoff PUBGs controls.                                                                                                                                                        Fix the scopes, I hate seeing a square when I quickly ADS in a firefight.

I would love for there to be a character creation option unless that is already a concept.

On 2/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, xXZexeedXx said:

Yeah but you should kill your self each time you want to play with friends or in a community server, also what would happen if the server your character is at is full (YOU COULDN'T PLAY)

If the server is full, you couldn't play in it anyway, so I don't see what your point is.  With server locking, you could have MULTIPLE characters instead of just the one.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:36 PM, HOLYxGOAT said:

Also, a more streamlined inventory menu would be great! Because it’s very buggy when trying to put items on the ground into the inventory, combining or moving items rarely works as intended, and when trying to loot at full capacity items names and descriptions won’t appear. Which is an issue, because how is anyone supposed to know if they’d prefer the other thing. Vs something they have 

What grinds my gears is accessing something from my inventory wheel then putting it away.  The game will put that piece of gear in the first spot it can.....namely my vest.  I keep my mags in my vest.  Well, the other day, I got attacked by wolves, and I couldn't reload because the game filled my vest up, and I didn't have the space to put an empty mag in, even though I had a half empty backpack. I ALMOST died because of it. 

There is a major issue with all bandanna where you can intentionally crash any DayZ Server. I know how to replicate it but rather not post in on open forums for people to learn.

- AiryMou5e 

Edited by Bobby Benetti

Get rid of the “exit now” option or if u choose to select “exit now” there should be a 15 second timer at the menu before you can push play. That with for sure fix the duplication glitch