ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

With the inventory it is extremely clunky and needs to have something similar to the pc where you can see all of the slots within your items of clothing and backpack and you can freely move your items and rotate them and fit them in based on how many slots they use, for the movement of the items I think it would be appreciated if you could simply tap A and it would select the item and you could move it using the d-pad to whatever slot we choose and have a button to rotate the item whilst you have it selected. From a performance point of view, as someone who plays using an original Xbox I find it very hard to play when in cities as the FPS drops horrendously meaning that even in low population servers PvP is not fun in the slightest as you usually can't even control your character properly due to the low fps

Well, I am sure that this has something to do with server crashes but I built a base and it took a good like 13 hours, logged out to go to bed, two days later I logged back on and everything was gone, my tent, my barrel, every wall I built, all my buried stashes. Forget about adding content, make the next few updates about fixing game issues, I'd rather everything work instead of something new that came out like farming.

• Thanks 1

I just want to say I love your game ever since I was 12 I’ve seen my older brother play dayz on his computer when he would come home from college and never really gotten the chance to play cause he wouldn’t let me touch his computer but ever since dayz came out on Xbox I can’t find any other game more fun to play. I think you guys as a development team are doing a great job and trying to keep up with patches and adding in content and I understand completely that pc is top priority for you guys but in a way I feel disappointed about that just because there’s a whole other community out there that love what you guys do and I feel as though you guys haven’t put fourth that much effort into spreading that love and attention. I feel as though every bug patch that comes out another bug comes in. Current issues that me and my freinds have experienced are not being able to slide down ladders, barrels/tents despawn in your base, if you have a gun in your hot wheel and you press “y” to switch to something else then it swap your mags out instead, Hit regrestration needs to be fixed cause there’s been times where me or my freinds would put at least half a mag into someone and they wouldn’t get affected, inventory space needs to be adjusted ( you can fit a whole tire in your jacket or an m4 in your pants) , hair glitches through hats or masks, if you have acog sight on a gun it will go completely white when ads for about 20-30 seconds, and combat logging is a huge problem in my opinion I would recommend players to only have data sepreatley on each server which would prevent combat logging and server hopping for loot, and finally for the hotwheel weapon mag swapping issue you could change reloading to “x” and interacting with things and swapping can be “y” or something along those lines. I hope my feedback was helpful and I hope you guys can make this game as amazing as it can be! :) 

Please add/fix:

the ability to throw items.

Fix fps when looting geared players (or when there is high amounts of items in proximity)

Remove all truck parts until the truck is added on xbox

Character editing

Planes/helicopters?

New map?

fps drops at random areas (mainly cities)

Zombies get attracted too easily from long distances

Zombies are too fast

Spawn select?

(NLR!)

More balanced melee combat

New melee weapons

Tanks?

Spawns are more inland but not at military bases

Rain

Night servers

Private servers

Land claim flag (so people cannot server log into bases)

Spawn wearing T-shirt and jeans with no items

Longer night time

Weapon reloading is too loud

Mines have WAY too large of a blast radius 

Server admins on xbox

Snow servers (can freeze to death) 

Hopefully the team can take notes about my thoughts 

I find the game to be quite enjoyable even with these issues and hopefully some of the things I requested get implemented into the game

Thank you

Edited by FrancisWolf

Just now, iiPhizzy said:

I just want to say I love your game ever since I was 12 I’ve seen my older brother play dayz on his computer when he would come home from college and never really gotten the chance to play cause he wouldn’t let me touch his computer but ever since dayz came out on Xbox I can’t find any other game more fun to play. I think you guys as a development team are doing a great job and trying to keep up with patches and adding in content and I understand completely that pc is top priority for you guys but in a way I feel disappointed about that just because there’s a whole other community out there that love what you guys do and I feel as though you guys haven’t put fourth that much effort into spreading that love and attention. I feel as though every bug patch that comes out another bug comes in. Current issues that me and my freinds have experienced are not being able to slide down ladders, barrels/tents despawn in your base, if you have a gun in your hot wheel and you press “y” to switch to something else then it swap your mags out instead, Hit regrestration needs to be fixed cause there’s been times where me or my freinds would put at least half a mag into someone and they wouldn’t get affected, inventory space needs to be adjusted ( you can fit a whole tire in your jacket or an m4 in your pants) , hair glitches through hats or masks, if you have acog sight on a gun it will go completely white when ads for about 20-30 seconds, and combat logging is a huge problem in my opinion I would recommend players to only have data sepreatley on each server which would prevent combat logging and server hopping for loot, and finally for the hotwheel weapon mag swapping issue you could change reloading to “x” and interacting with things and swapping can be “y” or something along those lines. I hope my feedback was helpful and I hope you guys can make this game as amazing as it can be! 🙂

How does a svd fit into my field vest?

I dont understand how i cant carry a gas can in my backpack but i can fit a svd in the tiny pouches in my field vest

On 1/19/2019 at 11:11 AM, Mr ScrambIes said:

Then what about leaning without aiming in?

It's really not possible with controllers

On 1/31/2019 at 11:16 PM, 91BlackFox91 said:

Hello to all of the DayZ production team and survivors!

Just a food for thought, that’s if it’s not all ready been mentioned. 
With the release of Keyboard & Mouse compatible games late last year via the windows update.
It could be a good idea to introduce this feature to the Xbox edition of DayZ.
It would be a smooth and easy transition of the same key bindings straight from the PC edition, also introducing a more precise and quicker response with the mouse rather then the controller when pinned down in a PVP situation. 
It will allow the player to fully customise there own individual key bindings depending on certain preferences or game styles.

Anyway, just a thought. If it happens, then you’ve got one supporter right here.

Many thanks, keep up the great work and time invested!
BlackFox91

Uses mouse and keyboard on console. Smh

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/31/2019 at 10:19 AM, nikoor said:

I love killing them no shoe fags, got few already today. Best is to be friendly and just execute them after asking where did they left their shoes. Tbf there should be a penalty for running 10km without shoes, make it real ok?

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/243160-experimental-update-10150408/

Bleeding feet just hit experimental in the latest patch so it should make its way to xbox next 

• Like 1

I think a big thing on the xbox for dayz is holding your breath this gets really anoying that and frame rate in city's 

On 1/18/2019 at 3:50 PM, Dark Viper said:

i have noticed is myself this needs to be fixed even if you go on a low pop server they are hard to find

I've heard it's foto do with all the duping it's messed up the loot cycle or something.

consider removing the 3d character model while in the inventory and adding at a later date may improve inventory laggy ness

• Like 1

Please fix tent inventory. The car tent holds 500 weight, once I hit around 350 the entire game rubber bands and lags wile inside the tent very badly! Almost to the point that I can’t do anything.

Also only displaying half of what’s in the inventory when you have that much weight inside.

Need a way to load the inventory a bit faster would also be nice. 

The lag when ADS is also quite bad.

I love this game keep up the great work everyone!

1 hour ago, Stradivarius said:

Scope takes many seconds to render the reticle. I ended up dying today because of this.

I find the scope takes about 2 seconds to render in the first time you use it on a server. After using it once it will always render instantly after that. So, I usually use my scopes add soon as I log onto a server for the first time, then you're good to go for the remainder of the time spent on that server. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:54 PM, Smitts said:

It's really not possible with controllers

leaning without aiming could be possible on controllers you just use button combos eg. hold LB+RB and click left stick to lean left and right stick to lean right it gets abit complicated but with enough thought you could do every thing pc could do

Some ideas. Not going to mention what's already good in my opinion, only what's not on the mapped already or needs to be adjusted. 
While standing 
change shoulder view while not aiming- right analog click, (hold)- switch 1st/ 3rd person perspective

X- interact/ pick up (hold x)- auto equip. 

Up directional pad- push to talk
Down directional pad- drop item in hand (hold) throw item

Y- weapon switch (hold y)- holster weapon

Left trigger- aim (while aiming left bumper to ADS) (while ADS right bumper to hold breath)

Left trigger while aiming 3rd pp or ADS- left analog click- lean left, right analog click- lean right

While standing or moving 
Right bumper- free look

So this isn't everything just what i think would be a comfortable fit for some things. Honestly i love it on pc (but you can do custom mapping on the pc), figured I'd give it a test run and it's not bad but the controls are definitely where the work needs to focus. 

Edited by wvollmer
Removed unnecessary content

On 2/12/2019 at 11:56 AM, iodin said:

leaning without aiming could be possible on controllers you just use button combos eg. hold LB+RB and click left stick to lean left and right stick to lean right it gets abit complicated but with enough thought you could do every thing pc could do

Pubg does it on console and they do it quite well although it would take some additional mapping and adjusting it is absolutely possible. 

On 2/10/2019 at 11:10 PM, Chrispenchewy said:

Duct tape exploit needs to be fixed where you restrain yourself and then breaking out of restraints replenishes duct tape. 

With all the issues the game has, the duct tape issue is what you want to address?  How about server locking characters?  That would eliminate combat loggers.  That would eliminate duping (and as an extra added benefit, it would automatically fix the CLE).  That would eliminate ghosting.  Basically, if they make it to where your character is locked into a specific server, it would fix 80% of what is wrong with the game.

• Like 1