ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

So many posts here so not sure this has been posted.

I know sometimes when frame rates drop the sound begins to lag. It eventually catches up and you go about your business.

But there seems to be a residual sound issue. I have heard people build bases and open doors next to me, only to enter the room with no one there. I've had gun shots go off literally next to me when no one has fired. I once heard players voices in my room when no one was there.

I'd really like to see if anyone has had these issues. I've come across two other players who have experienced this with no clue how it was possible.

As for what I want to see fixed next update, well I dont need anything new added at this point, I just want to see frame rates in major cities back to normal. I miss getting into fights at elektro.

9 hours ago, xboxtome said:

I agree with this whole list except for the safe zones and traders because if there were a safe zone people would leave it to pvp and if they get into trouble they will just run back into it ad if there were traders people will jist get fully geared by trading usless loot for a m4 and there would be now players at camps etc, they could find an m4 and say “nah i want a mosen” and trade it out, thats not the point f the game

I with you, with one other.........the whole helicopter thing.  Boats I can see, but not helicopters.  The ONLY way I can see, or should I say AGREE, as far as helicopters go is that you would need to scavenge EVERY......SINGLE......LAST.......PART, from an engine to transmission to rotor blades to drive shafts, etc.  If you want a helicopter, it would have to take A LOT OF WORK, and the parts would be EXTREMELY SCARCE.

Combo locks would be an excellent fix. A couple uses and they still say pristine but cant attach them to the gate. Would really like to combine charcoal tabs with my gas mask. But I wont push it. Thanks

Don’t know if anyone’s mentioned yet, but you still can’t slide down ladders anymore, it just plays one frame of the animation and does nothing 

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 3:26 AM, nikoor said:

what's wrong with you? what did he do to you?

Nothing. Its just stupid. Console. Controller. Pc. Keyboard. Putting them together would be unfair. Seperating them will cause two seperate communities insise one communtiy. Its stupid and a waste of our time and money spent for the game on Console. If you want keyboard. Play pc.

• Thanks 1

I have a few issues that are big ...first we need hold breath the scopes are to shaky ..we also need lean and to slide down ladders ..also less drinking and eating way to unrealistic ..also while moving or running we should b able to access our inventory like pc and we should b able to use the weapon wheel while moving ..also i think you guys need to incorparate a cursor system with the right stick where we cloud click and meove things with a and drag to combine things just a thought ..some majorrr issues are not being able to pick up loot or drop it today killed a guy went to loot him and it wouldnt let me drop anything no matter how many times i held y but when i backed up a lil it would let me which i shouldnt have to do that it was a lag fest while standing near body trying to loot kept flickering while i was in inventory and vicinity luckily i got what i wanted but i had a guy gettin chased by wolves and its frustrating while i should of been able to loot and scoot in seconds instead it took me 4 mins cause of lag and not being able to drop things ..also spawns should b not just on coast too many campers that come looted amd kill fresh spawns ruins the game ..also the shot gun wont pump ..the bz 18 single shot rifle if i have my pistol out persay and press y to switch to next weapon and its the bz or izh w.e u call it and try to switch again to ky other hotbared weapon it will just reload and will not change u have to hit dpad right to get out another weapon ..and i have not found a way to turn on my headlamp flashlight ive tried and tried amd seems to b no way also would like to see vaulting in future and the svd mag fixed and also please add a m16 and the aug the winchester the scout and make the scopes interchangeable not olnly for specific weapons not evey one finds the gun n attachments for it scopes are versatile irl so make the game more imersive also and the night vision scope is way to big and irl is not huge cut it down make it like 6 spots 12 is a lil insane all i said is what we need and this game will b sooo much better just the inventory not being able to drop and swap things easier is frustrating when u should b able to get it and b out def should of been a cursor for the inventory and we need to b able to move run and get into our hotwheel and our inventory its unfair to stop to get a weapon out we should b able to move and seamlessly be able to do what we need also b nice to know if my charatcer is full thristy like pc and a text chat option so players in server can see it also some way of knowing if we killed someone or hit them maybe or put there name on dead body ??also cannot unload the mosin or shotgun which i feel we should b able to r

Who ever said we need player charatcers dedicated to server thats a stupidddd idea this isnt rust u want that play rust we only need the bugs fixed and issues the game is fine aslong we have the 15 second exit it elminates comabt logging..the sounds are a lil screwy like i walk barefoot so u cant hear me much but i killed a guy today def a server hopper he took a mosin bullet to the chest then tried logging out on me and i was able to get his scary self befoe he logfed and killed him had a whole vest of m4 mags fully loaded but while looting not being able to drop anything while in his vicinity or pick up the inventory went laggy and i had to back up good distance to drop things .but while i was sittin there i kept hearing somebody else eat and relaod but no body was aroumd at all i scoped the entire area and was forced to leave cause i couldnt loot my kill properly due to the inv not letting me drop and seriousss lag while tryin and there was a guy getting chased by wolfs like 3 mins after i heard the eating im suree it wasnt him cause i heard him shoot befoee a way back he wouldnt of been near me at that time..also the coughing is very loud and so unrealistic i heard a guy today musta coughed like 20 times in one min i let the poor kid b i felt bad the game was doin him wrong but im glad i got the combat logger just wish i coulda lootd him damn inventory needs a cursor im telln u so much better use the lb rb just replace the lt rt witj cursor and click drag to move or something and make it able to open the weapon wheel and inventory while moving running we need leaning and hold breath also also more guns and scopes should attach to more than certain guns i see the mags but scopes are versatile ...i trust the devs will implicate all i said and fix things i love dayz alot ...u see a pink arm band on a lone wolf dont shoot it is i the friendly merc lol i dont kos unless u look sneaky or i see u kill another player ..i made a kid say im a idiot mad times burlaped sackd his head and cuffed him after i killed his mates it was such a scene he didnt know what hit him lol

Fix the sickness bug, I can't play the game with my character coughing and sneezing every 5 seconds, I've tried everything to cure it and nothing works. I really don't want to have to wipe my character just to be able to play again.

2 hours ago, That one dayz player said:

Nothing. Its just stupid. Console. Controller. Pc. Keyboard. Putting them together would be unfair. Seperating them will cause two seperate communities insise one communtiy. Its stupid and a waste of our time and money spent for the game on Console. If you want keyboard. Play pc.

My sentiments exactly

2 hours ago, That one dayz player said:

that's just stupidity. world changes, it allways had, people allways complaining about the changes. hell I was mad when they changed the voice actors on Moomin but what can you do.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, That one dayz player said:

If you want keyboard. Play pc.

Have you tried telling this to Microsoft ?

Edited by pilgrim*
p.s: Nobel prize for Tove Jansson, still waiting.
  • Like 2

Things that should be added that would be very helpful for new ,and old players.

#1. A personal map user interface.

#2. Better survival meters (ex.Water,Food,Temp,ECT)

#3. A way for Players to choose their spawn to meet up with friends.

#4. Better spawn gear like: 1x Hunting knife ,1x Water bottle ,1x Flare ,1x food.

#5. More weapons & Vehicles.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:21 PM, Its Extra Moist said:

Hello BI! I wanted to start by saying thank you for opening up this forum. We all want this game to improve :). I would like just to make a quick list, although i'm sure everything has been said already.

Controls - After playing Arma, I was actually impressed about the depth of the controls. They were very intuitive and effiecient. I know controllers are more limited however, but I would suggest you all look at Player Unknowns Battle Grounds, and look at how they utilize the controller. They have almost all of the things DayZ needs already implemented and i'm sure with some tweaks it could fit the game well.

Single Hive Servers - I understand this is on the list, hopefully. But it would give us the authentic DayZ experience and prevent rapid server hopping, ghosting, and combat logging and base viability. 

Bases - I do believe part of the reason for this awful FPS issue is bases, along with increased loot spawns and zombie spawns. I want to say, if the game can't handle certain features yet, remove them. It'll cause backlash, but the game can literally be unplayable. Getting a consistent 3-10 fps on a high pop city causes so much frustration and unfair deaths.

Night time - The new nighttime scope is really nice, but maybe increase night times length, or tell us why it was reduced please :p - I may have missed the reason if you already gave one.

LAND MINES!! - I cannot stress how fun these are. But they are absolutely ruining the game, for not so obvious reasons. The kill radius is not only ridiculously large, it goes through walls. This, combined with duping, and combat ghosting results in players having the power of God almost. I cannot stress how many times my group has been explicitly threatened by another player saying they are going to go on their other account, get a duplicated landmine, and ghost it on our base. It has caused many unfair deaths and this item NEEDS to be fixed or removed until so.

Loot cycling - This issue is just now starting. For the first time I am seeing piles of loot being out outside of areas to force spawns. Not an extreme issue, but be aware.

Hit Registration - This issue has been persistent since launch, and forces players to learn the hard way which guns actually work. M4s in Full auto mode were most recently plauged by hit reg issues. Please be aware as we report future issues so we can enjoy every weapon :) 

Repair Items - Duct tape, weapon repair kits, etc. They are very buggy. On occasion repairing a damaged shirt or supressor will cause the repairing item to either fully dissapear regaurdless of durability, or sometimes works as normal. 

Sickness!! - I do not know if being sick and never being able to cure it is a feature or a bug. But I have gone multiple hours being sick and using medical supplies and vitamins to try and stop it. Death is the only cure however. I would appreciate a fix or at least clarification of that being the intended way it works.

Clothing - The buggy side of it - Zombies attacking players almost always ruins the pants first, despite getting hit in another area. And sorry to indulge, but this is more of a request. Clothing ruins way to easily, along with backpacks. I know the negative effect is mostly visual, but I was sort of hoping our backpacks and clothes could get a buff to their durability from zombies and gunfire :) 

Sound!! - Sound has been awful. The game often goes dead silent, then the audio catches up and you get a flurry of all the audio like footsteps and such. Wind is very buggy and pops in randomly. Gunshots do not always make noise for the user shooting / others. Zombies sometimes do not make noise when screaming when aggroed. Suppressors even when ruined still work until removed (I do not know if this is a feature). 

Zombies!! - Zombies are VERY deadly but for silly reasons. The aggro range of infected while crouched is almost touching distance, but when standing or running zombies aggro from VERY far away. And zombies have been very buggy, either not being effected by bullets, taking double the melee hits to kill, walking through objects and teleporting. Also, it seems even supressed gunfire will still attract every zombie in the city, and shooting them just spawns more nearby already aggroed. Very hard to deal with and very deadly. Please fix :) 

*EDIT 1 of 2* Zombies will chase you for extreme distances, even when breaking line of sight multiple times, and they can aggro through walls, like at VMC. 

Micro management - Personally does not bother me, but you cannot micro manage items upwards in your inventory, you must cycle down. 

Visual - Textures can take lots of time to load in, and often won't stay loaded, resulting in walking through a town and zombies / buildings not being rendered fully. I wish I had a picture ready but i'm sure others do. Also, sometimes when you are not in your inventory, the description of an item like you were hovering over it will appear and dissapear, as well as switch. I do not know what causes it however.

Helicopter Crash Sites - Once I was approaching a site, it dissapeared 20 feet in front of me. I found another site, I was able to take one item, I walked away to check on a nearby building, I came back and it was gone. Very silly to me.

Doors - Sometimes the option to open a door does not appear or is very limited to where you have to look at the door to open it. Seems random, but it makes it so you have to look at a very specific spot to open it. 

Buried Stashes - They delete after every game update. I do not know if this is intended, or fixable, but just so ya know. 

Bases / Tents / Barrels - I do not know if you already mentioned this, but built bases and tents will actually randomly delete themselves. Seems to be after resets and crashes. Me and my friends were hanging out in our base, the server reset, we came back and it was all gone, walls tents and all. This has been happening to many and I assume it is random.

Camo Netting - Tents can be very laggy due to the many items, but it seems camo netting equipped on the tent makes it much worse. Maybe due to the 3D spinning model, but I do not know for certain. 

Stamina- When your stamina is low enough to where you cant sprint or jump, dropping items and allowing it to refill / picking your items back up will allow you to sprint and jump normally till the stamina drains. 

The Dreaded Meatball Glitch - We mentioned this bug before, and the fix that was implemented was that as long as you are not bleeding you can not use bandages. But the glitch is still very possible to do, and my friend told me as long as you have an item in your hand you will stay in the glitched state. Please fix again :)

Ladders - Can not slide down them, or fast climb up, player will desync with the ladder and get flung off upon exiting. Hands and feet will slowly move away from rungs while climbing.

Graphics - Carrying objects like car parts and others will warp your arms into a buggy state, very minor but just a heads up.

Trees / Bushes - Dropping any item too close to a tree or bush results in the item being stuck too high in it, you have to then cut the tree or bush down to get yout stuff back.

Stun Locking - Punching players with just fists can result in a player being able to stun another player nonstop until death. This makes fresh spawns deadly, even a full geared player with weapons can easily die if a fresh spawn can punch them enough since they cannot fight back, it is honestly silly and unfair to an extent, but if that is an intended feature so be it. 

Vicinity Loot - Sometimes dropping items makes it so you cannot pick them back up, you have to back out of your inventory, walk away, come back and attempt to pick them up again. Sometimes takes multiple tries for it to work.

Shotguns - Last time I used a shotgun, slug rounds worked like buckshot. Small bug, this was pre update a week or two ago. But heads up.

Morphine - I have heard mixed things , I know it is for broken bones. But players swear it can be used to heal faster. I have not noticed any use personally, could be something to check. 

Combination Locks - These locks seem to not work, you cannot lock any gates currently. I do not know what the issue is. 

Cars - Although not a big issue, cars seem clunky and unresponsive. Not a priority however.

Lockpicks - Can be used when ruined. A few items like water containers can be.

This is all I can think of for now, i'm sure I missed some things. I truly hope you take the time to read this and are able to find some helpful insight :). Please let me know!

Thank you all for making this game, it is one of a kind and loved by many. I know people hate, but it really is because they want the game to be better, they love it and want it to do well. And even if they are too angry to offer reasonable criticism, the passion is still there. Good luck with the future, and we hope both platforms can prosper. 

*EDIT 2 of 2* The water pipes!!! This is rather specific. But do you know the big, rusted grey water pipes that you can find in the swamp near Komarovo, and in the western side of the airfield? They seem to be not there in a way. At the North West Air Field, while getting chased by many zombies, I have had to jump over these big pipes, but zombies can walk straight through them. And while walking on these pipes near Kamarovo in the marsh, I noticed that my players footsteps were sounding like I was walking in the water even though I was on the pipe. I do not know why they are how are, or why zombies can go straight through them. But for the sake of NWAF, please make the zombies have to climb over em :) Thank you again.

Just want to make sure this is seen <3

My thoughts on the game and also some bug reports/issues.

#1. Loading/Render issues

Theirs a problem with Loading/Rendering Whiteout 

Anytime i load in there's this rendering issue where you have to stand still till everything renders or it'll crash.

#2. Inventory Management

When getting extra items of the same kind they should stack to 10 items each instead of  6 or 4.

#3. Better Recital Dot UI (PvPvE ONLY Servers)

The tiny dot is hard to see and it should be able to be changed color to help aiming.

#4. Food/Water Meter

Food/Water keep going down to quick ,and to make it more realistic the Food/Water should go down every time it becomes the next day.

#5. Translated Words And Names (Citties/Locations)

It's really confusing to know a location ,and then tell your friends or trying to Read names on buildings or signs.

#6. Special Servers.

Special servers would be like:

Horde: Tons of zombies

Roleplaying: For players to set up towns and economy to make trading items worth while ,and make it better for new players.

PvP Only: Players only no ai ,and player limit is 150.

PvE: Normal Game mode

#7. Survivalist Mode

Any damage from zombies slowly turns you unless you have a vaccine ,and any body damage you do to yourself (Ex.jump off a high ledge) You have the chance to be permanently hurt till it heals after 3 days in game ,and it would mean players need to be very careful what they do it's either fight ,hide or run. 

xbox Problemes: cars getting to easy destroyed. Game crashes often when you drive a car. When you get out of a car you jump sometimes in the air. People cant find the hitbox of a door and the seat of the car. Sometimes you just stand in the car but only your mates see this.You cant drive in a city with a car because of fps dropes.And the car/barrel inventory is very laggy when you open it

I on Xbox and I was sat in my base, got the red desync message, ended up loosing connection to host. Only to jump back in to no base weapons or anything. I’ve spent a month building that base and collecting everything and now I have nothing. It needs sorting because you will loose players. Now I have to start from the very beginning. Loosing patience with this game and will prob sack it off as a bad job. Sort this crap out or you’ll loose your player base

• Thanks 1

I've built 2 bases with sea chests buried barrels walked across the map just to have my bases wiped off the server randomly if my third base disappears there is nothing in this game left for me to do so I'll just delete it 

8 minutes ago, Smokey McDougal said:

I on Xbox and I was sat in my base, got the red desync message, ended up loosing connection to host. Only to jump back in to no base weapons or anything. I’ve spent a month building that base and collecting everything and now I have nothing. It needs sorting because you will loose players. Now I have to start from the very beginning. Loosing patience with this game and will prob sack it off as a bad job. Sort this crap out or you’ll loose your player base

I've lost 2 bases now since I've been playing, this shit needs fixed there isnt alot to do in the game already the building aspect is a big part of it and it's broken 

5 hours ago, TheIllusive said:

Fix the sickness bug, I can't play the game with my character coughing and sneezing every 5 seconds, I've tried everything to cure it and nothing works. I really don't want to have to wipe my character just to be able to play again.

You will my friend has been coughing and sneezing for like a week it just stopped when he died last night

Menu keeps freezing

When logging out in a car you are stuck when logged back in

Would like to see the peeking left and right added

Shoulder preference. Which side you would like to view from.

Feel like food and water is exhausted alittle too quickly. Food seems pretty close. Water goes away alittle too fast. I can run a mile and not need to chug 2 water bottle

Squad joining

More feedback to come

Gamertag: G RaF Parka

Add me survivors

Edited by Chance Parker

Why hardcore servers are taking so long to be fixed by the way ? The only issue is that you spawn in third person, i believe that a simple hotfix to lock the character in first person when it spawns can be done in the same day.

• Thanks 1

*Throwing flares 

*garnades 

*more guns accessible 

*make characters all nude when stripped 

*hold your breath when aiming through scope 

*finish the bottom of ocean why is it pitch black

*fix cars

*fix ladder glitch people falls off and can’t slide

*handcuff key photo not appearing 

*make base harder to break in its pointless to try it’s to easy to get into someone base

5 hours ago, Subject_00000 said:

#7. Survivalist Mode

Any damage from zombies slowly turns you unless you have a vaccine ,and any body damage you do to yourself (Ex.jump off a high ledge) You have the chance to be permanently hurt till it heals after 3 days in game ,and it would mean players need to be very careful what they do it's either fight ,hide or run. 

Lore-wise, you are immune to the pathogen, so i don't think they will break the game's lore with that, but i'm 100% on with the hurting stuff though