ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

On 18/01/2019 at 3:30 PM, ImpulZ said:

Please be a bit more specific what issues you have with the inventory.

The very basics of the inventory seem to be built for PC/M and K-  would be better completely rewritting with xbox controls in mind. feels 2 much like you are playing a PC game with a foreign controler (drag and drop with excessive buttons) rather than a game built for xbox-  Personally, I would put other fixes first. I can deal with the inventory cos I know its PC roots, but to fresh eyes who know nothing about the games history it feels abit lazy and amateur. But. the laborious way it is set up does make it seem more authentic - which is why I play the game. - please stop the 'dupers'! 

Fps - at times unplayable 

Car physics - can deal with getting stuck - but not the floating, rolling, dancing etc

People calling for killfeeds, KD score etc have no imagination and are not playing the came to its full potential- Theres so much more to it. The only thing close to that sort of shit could be an optional Dogtag item- pick one up at MB, engrave with a knife- for your killer to find if you want them to.

Lock the Charakter on the playing Sever... you want play another Server you got always a fresh Charakter... the End of Server-Hopping! I Hate this... the Enemy locked out... or the Player know were you are locked out...go in position of another server and locked back... and than " You are Death" ?? can chose between PVP-Server and PVE-Sever or give us privatly Server.

Firstly... great job so far, ignore the squeakers... XboX is a slightly different demographic than PC, I play both and enjoy both. So...

...Cycling through hotwheel using “Y” stops and only reloads the weapon in-hand, this only happens after I load the wheel with consumables (food) and eat them. 

Large inventory menus like tents & barrels jump up and down while scrolling through lists that are larger than the screen. 

Tent Camo disappears when closing the tent door. 

Still a lot of lag as players, towns or full tents bloom into the radius area. 

Server hoppers are annoying as all get out... other than a 90 second wait... should be more of a deterrent to lessen the amount of hoppers. I know, more of a wish than anything... but going through plundered camps on an empty server is annoying. 

Need more servers... they fill up quick on Fridays thru Sunday’s. 

Favorites don’t seem to save after shutting down the game. 

Just off the top of my head, that’s what I’ve got for you. Hope it’s helpful. 

• Thanks 1

I’m still new to the game, but first let me say THANK YOU for bringing Dayz to Xbox!  I’ve been interested in playing this game for years but have never had a computer capable of running it.  So far it’s been a total blast. Being new, I know I’m ignorant of long-standing issues the Dayz community wants fixed.  But after playing for a few days, I have a few thoughts when it comes to the game, especially regarding the inventory:

For items that are on my person/in my inventory, I can use R and L triggers to ‘jump’ to the different sections- vest, jacket, pants, bag.  I can also use my left joystick to maneuver through them. But say I want to get into something in the bottom of my backpack. I open my inventory, hit L to cycle backwards, (as of right now, I get to the knife in my combat boots first.)  If I hit up on the joystick from my boots, instead of going to the bottom of my backpack, it jumps me up to the top of the backpack, as if I had hit L again. I think L and R should be used to jump quickly between your bag/jacket/vest, whereas the left stick should be free roaming.  That way we could access items in our inventory a little quicker and it would be less redundant.

It would be cool if you could move items within the same inventory space they already occupy. (If there’s already a way, please share!)  So I could move something at the bottom of the inventory in my jacket to the top of it instead. I think it would bring a new layer of strategy to the way you set up your inventory.

When looting zombies, I hit RB to get to their body in the inventory screen. (Or LB twice.)  But I got stuck trying to use my left joystick to go down to the item the zombie had.  It doesn’t work.  You need to use the L and R triggers. If you can use the joystick in your own inventory, it seems like you should be able to loot with it, if you so desire, as well.

When combining items of the same type, or putting items into containers, you leave your inventory screen after pressing B each time.  It would be faster if that didn’t happen.

Some items, like the flashlight, headlamp, map, ect tell you to use R to activate them.  But R doesn’t work for me. RB does. Not a big deal, but again, it was frustrating when I first started.  R is how you use the compass though.

And a few more bugs I’ve found:

It could be noob struggles, but it seemed like I had to reload my BK rifle twice with Y before it would fire.

Minor- There are animation glitches when you mix masks and hats.  

Minor- found some chlorine tablets.  I filled my cantine from a pond, and pressed B to use the tablets.  It worked. But I got a new icon in the bottom right that looked like a germ.  It was there for a minute, then disappeared. Had a similar issue after looting a hospital.  I found ‘tetracycline pills’. I drank from a stream, then took all four of the pills. I got a ‘disease icon’ (if memory serves, it looked different from the one I got after drinking the chlorinated water.)  After a few minutes, it too disappeared. Maybe both of these things worked as intended. But I was puzzled.

Not all the information in the tutorial at the main menu is correct.  It lists your health statuses in the bottom right. But the icons and their order are wrong.  I was frustrated when I first started, because I thought my health was draining- I was dehydrated.  It seems obvious now, but ensuring the tutorial is at least up to date would be tremendous for new players.

And I know server hopping and duping are large issues that need to be addressed.  I’d think particularly duping is important to get straightened out.  (Couldn't server hopping be simply addressed with longer log out and log in times?  Having your character be inert for say, 90 seconds,  upon logging in would slow you down and make it far more imperative to find safe locations to log.)  But let me also say that the game is far more complete than I expected, especially after reading reviews. Thank you for continuing to support this game and ask the community for our thoughts and feedback.  

• Thanks 1

Occasionally when I go to use a bandage, roll of duct tap or, or weapons cleaning kit it uses the whole thing on one use. 

Combat logging needs to be seriously evaluated. The timer should be longer. 15 seconds is not nearly long enough if you are shooting at somebody from a distance and they decide to log off.

• Like 1

add action into walkie-talkies that allow us to send text messages globally to any player whom have one. people on console do not use mics too often. flares we can shoot into air or flashing lights/ traps / alerts we or other players can trigger .

6 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

Again, DayZ is a simulator of sorts.  Simulators emulate reality.  In reality, you would not see a gamertag floating above your buddies (regardless if ONLY YOU can see it).  Pay attention to what they are wearing, have matching armbands, or have matching clothes.

Not saying for it to be mandatory maybe have an option to turn it off and on in settings cuz honestly who would it hurt if only you chose to turn it on to see your friends? Then again I see where you’re coming from and if they implemented a system like this they might make it mandatory for everyone and I don’t want that 

There is an error with Y... When i want changing my stuff with it my weapon reloading !!!

And It's great if We can choose our character when We start the game !!! ??????

Edited by Cetelem

19 hours ago, Ace said:

On the original Xbox players get massive FPS drops in the major cities and large towns we're talking under 10 fps, pop in textures and constant sound delay.

I'm pleased to tell you that you couldn't be more wrong. I've got the X and even SSD and yet I can honestly count the frames in cities and around airfield. Buildings are not rendered in, everything is white, haven't seen it this bad ever, even when the game launched it wasn't this bad.

ever since the vehicles and base building update i feel like this game has went down hill eg. you cant get into good gunfights or go into cities after this update. before that update i played this game every day but now i just dont see the point because i know that if i get into a gunfight my fps will drop and i will get killed. i know your doing everything you can and im greatfull, i dont want to see a game with so much potential fail. keep up the good work

• Beans 1

It would be amazing to see the inventory system more optimized and it would also be great if it had an inventory system like no man's sky or destiny's inventory system. Where you could just hold A and move everything a whole lot better. With the circle cursor 

Fix 1 or 2  Invincible zombies. Especially when there’s loads on you and your shooting and 2 are like terminator. Then we get killed. 

Thansk 

I've been playing 5 days and it has a lot of potential this game, you just need to polish it: for me the worst failures that have and that destroys the experience is, the lag when entering cities or anywhere, server jump (it's silly to mount a base now if they jump from the server and they are already without effort, you shoot zombies and they go through the bullets and finally the issue of not being saved the objects that are on the ground to have a reset

1. Surrender animation (maybe others too) makes item/weapon in hand disappear and is lost forever. (All emotes/animations should keep whatever is in your hands still visible - some already do this, some make the item disappear but it comes back once the animation is complete, and some  make you lose the item)

2. Sprinting down ladders does not work (Slide animation)

3. Maybe find a way to implement custom mapping of all controls? There’s lots of request for the RS freelook change. Possibly some things will have to be used by a “modifier” (LB+X, RB+Y, etc)

4. Inventory micromanagement seems to work fine when using RT to jump down between storage items but if you try to use LT to go up the list it doesnt work properly and switches different items into different places than the item selected.

5. Clothing (Headwear/Masks) still needs refinement in clipping issues where hair and beards can be seen through clothing.

6. Possibility in the future to implement a distance-based, directional volume level for VOIP - just like gunshots and other sounds, you should be able to hear which direction the voice is coming from, and the farther away someone is while talking in game the quieter they are, the closer you get the louder they sound. This would make whispering a tactical advantage when knowing other players are around. Also some type of maybe muffled/filter so if players are talking in buildings, or on different floors or through walls it would be able to hear someone, but be hard to distinguish what they are actually saying, you’d have to go to open windows or open doors to hear fully. This would be very immersive.

Edited by wh1skey_

Hello,

Can you please advise if there is a current issue regarding being sick and constant sneezing and coughing?

Despite all 4 of us having a pick and mix of medicine over 10+ hours now there is no change whatsoever to any of our condition. 

Temperature reads at 39.6, but is constantly sick despite counteracting with the correct meds 

On 19/01/2019 at 3:46 PM, Stagman70 said:

The problem is, DayZ on PC ALREADY HAS weapons like Steyr AUG, FAL, .22 Sporter, double barrel shotgun, Glocks, Repeater, Winchester, AK-74, and the like added to it.  So the question still stands......when will the XBox get them?

No, PC doesn't. Modders added all those you mentioned in an unfinished state. The developers have yet to add them with completed animations.

Edited by Lambicus

I would like to see a change in the inventory system, or just transfering items in general like when building facilities, instead of using bumpers amd trigger i would just like to see the thumbsticks being used, it would be simpler, i think faster and would possibly make management better and less laggy

for inventory management mechanics, might be smoother to use a cursor instead of the triggers. think minecraft

On Xbox when playing on an account, lets say if you switch to a second account later that wants to play separately or start their own new character, it will use the first accounts character

• Confused 1

Amongst the well known issues that I believe you guys are doing well to mitigate the biggest one for me is the server hopping ability.  Bases disappear that sucks but if you build one successfully there is no point.  Someone can walk up find it switch servers go inside your base and switch back and then bam they're in.  It severely devalues the purpose of the game.  Not to mention you put a couple shots into someone and they run off and log out cuz they can switch over to any number of servers and avoid you.  Love the game but this is a breaker in my opinion as I often wonder what the point of building a base is when all that is possible 

• Beans 1