ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

The major cities need fixing. They dont render lag and have major fps issues and thats a big chunk of the map and loot that not worth the hassle.

The micro management system needs sorting, click to highlight, maybe a pointer rather than having to scroll items. Lay out like the PC version

Blaze, revolver, winchester and bows need addin ;) 

Bases, tents and stashes are despawning

I think after the reloading mosin/shot gun update the games almost I'm a good spot. The main concern of mine is how OUT OF CONTROL DUPLICATING IS. I have over 40 days played on dayz and I have to say how easily people are cheating with duping ruins the game for me. There are other glitches some players are also using to cheat witch are the rag glitch again, and seeing threw walls. Once these are fixed I'd seriously love and recommend the game to others. More weapons is another thing I'd love too see but I know y all are already working on that ? thanks for reading my comment and keep up the good work on dayz Xbox! 

• Confused 1

if you could fix the inventory where we can move stuff from shirt to pants or pants to vest . it always stops at the shirt and wont let us move into anything lower than the shirt. also fixing the hats an ski masks to where our hair wont come through would be nice but that's nothing major 

I like to see some  Bolt action sniper rifles in the vector, a boat to get to prison island. I would like to see a way to let us keep our camp and car, some way  to  able to lock the doors on the cars. A monster truck and a helicopter would be great too. To have a group   option So we can see our friends on our hud would be a great help not to  lose our friends site. A m60 or lmgs would be nice to. An apc. I wish there was something to make players not shoot first and ask questions later. The other day I saved a life, I felt good.

My opinion is there should be more survival elements with weather and with zombies too. There could be more danger zombies in the forest so you have more playing elements when you are alone. There is so much potential in this game!

Besides what everyone else has stated I do need to push the point of having locked characters to servers ASAP. A little communication about this from you the devs isn’t much to ask as I’m in a group of about 30 that play dayz together which has dwindled to 10 in the last few weeks purely due to server hoppers and that the game has become boring. What’s the use in spending hours making a base to only have someone server hop and take all your gear. Communication is key devs

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

The UMP 45 quick aim vs ADS (red dot) does not match like the other firearms, AK and M4 are ok. point of aim and point of impact are off

Noises are unrealistically loud, reloading, drinking etc

Cars are really fun and allow you to explore, but super glitchy

Pressing Y does not reload your gun it swaps gear, thought this was fixed? when it does work you put the same magazine (empty or almost empty) back into the firearm

Unrealistic meal requirements (too often), unrealistic firearm maintenance (too aggressive)

The biggest issue I have is with the hot wheel, reloading and having multiple firearms.  for example, you start with your ar.  you fire and you go to reload, it clicks over to the next weapon, youre now on your shotty.  you fire through the rounds and go to switch to your pistol, no you are now reloading.  and it goes on and on like that forever.  please fix it so i can reload or switch a weapon and  not be fucked in the middle of a fight.

I love the game & stream it everyday, the last update fixed a lot of issues & I love the rebalancing of weapon spawns . My mains issues are not being able to micromanage items in inventory upwards but having to scroll down past the bottom of inventory back to the top in order to more an item from one containers to another directly above it. Very time consuming , also if a clothing container is minimised using left thumbstick push in inventory it often bugs the inventory and stops the ability to scroll last the item directly below the minimised clothing container or weapon, not a huge issue but one that would be a bug QOL change as many people would find a smoother less laggy inventory with increased fps very helpful & currently this functionality isn't even in the community consciousness due to it's bugged out nature. It'd help out all those loot goblins . 

Also currently the assigning of freelook to right thumbstick push is a little lacklustre , I understand the difficulty with the limitations of the controller but for elite controller users like myself I've found the advantage to having freelook assigned elsewhere is substantial over regular controller users, my game awareness has increased dramatically with assigning to LB instead after reassigning LB/RB to underside paddles. But as stated it's a tricky problem finding an easier designation for this function.

Also occasionally pulling LT to raise a melee weapon after sprinting will result in me not raising hands but instead doing a strange standing slide, can be annoying when trying to sprint at an infected as often causes a few seconds where your open to attack as the release and repush of LT is needed.

I know you guys are aware of  the stun lock issue with melee but that's pretty obnoxious , the staggering animation and animation length needs looking at IMO & being staggered by bullets especially seems unnecessary , once a gun fight or melee fight is initiated, especially in a game like DayZ with high damage across all weapons it's seems that a more balanced skill based system would be to allow a reacting player to have the chance to react to aggression and potentially win the fight if there skill level is higher of there opponent , currently being locked into stun and then taking multiple more hits just because somebody else initiated combat & them automatically winning doesn't seem very balanced or skill based.

Also infected stood close to a wall seem to only be hit by half of the melee attacks.

The chances of a pistol jamming even when repaired to work condition is still rather high, the amounts of times that I've just cleaned a pistol only to fire one round and it jam on me is incredible, they jam atleast ten times more than any other weapon & it's exceptionally frustrating. I love the jamming mechanic but it's may need reducing slightly.

Also can we have the ability to finalise buildable base items like wall etc or the ability to minimise them so that they don't cause lag or overlap with barrels and other Walls vehicles inventory in vicinity inventory? The ability to minimise them and it save said minimisation akin to how clothing containers in inventory are meant to be, scrolling past four walls worth of inventory to find a barrels inventory is extremely laggy, often crashes the game as I'm sure your aware of, odviously placing items a sensible distance away from each other is an odvious fix ATM ingame but this is a definite issue that will increase QOL if dealt with.

lastly I'd like to say I've put about 33days Into the console edition and love playing it, each update brings new items & mechanics aswell as bug fixes etc, so iam in no means ranting. I've already had my money's worth, just wanting to help from an experienced players POV. Thanks Bohemia and good day. 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 2

Another great addition would be seperate sensitivity sliders for driving & all different scopes and scopes levels. Currently when using an Atog or PSO-1 Scope or PU the sensitivity speed is incredibly slow.

Battlefield has this functionality and it works very especially for players with a more twitchy playstyle.

Oh and character locked servers & private servers. Thanks. More server options is always a good thing 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

When barrels are close together it causes crashes when sorting inventory.

please fix the quick damage on silencers.

please take gun jamming out of the game as long as theres no keybinding to unjam it.

my biggest question:

is it possible forat least hardcore servers, at best for all servers, to bind the character to one server? So if players hop servers they would start with a new character. The possibility to hop servers is annoying. People hop as soon as it gets nighttime and all around and in military bases. 

Will there be a way to rent private servers in the future?

problem with the assault boots. When the combat knive is in the boots slot and you use it by hotbar, then out it away, it goes to random places in inventory. It should go back where it was placed

• Like 1

I love the game and can appreciate how much time it must take to get things perfect. Keep up the good work anyhow!

Few things I'd like to see addressed are,

Audio desync in big cities

FPS drop in combat/big cities

Combining items in my inventory via B button exits the inventory, (i.e. two burlaps strips)

Cannot micromanage up in inventory, only down.

Implement leaning and breath holding, leaning with LS and RS.

Free look to be reassigned to LB maybe?

I'd like to think there will eventually be a way to vault or climb over small walls/fences. Zombies manage it just fine and they're dead?

Night to be extended but a bit brighter, it's unrealistically dark, eyes adjust on the darkest nights to allow us humans to see.

Reimplantation of rain but not a monsoon please.

Wearing hats and masks can be strange when they kind of sink into your hair, it puts me off wearing headgear sometimes.

So I've touched on a few things a lot of other people have too but that's because they're important. I've also touched on some not so important and manageable things for the time being to give the game a more polished feel.

Just so what you can guys, I appreciate you and so do many others!

Edited by Tom Chatterton
Typos and additional content

5 minutes ago, Schorsch Gaggo said:

problem with the assault boots. When the combat knive is in the boots slot and you use it by hotbar, then out it away, it goes to random places in inventory. It should go back where it was placed

Yes!

1 minute ago, Tom Chatterton said:

Yes!

I find that if I select it again in hotbar it goes back to boot but goes into any other space if I open inventory and press Y to put it away. 

make it less of a jogging SIM,  the world would be more alive with a lot more infected and wolf's , create a backstory so when I walk into a house I see a terrible story , or a survivor story. loads more military camps , if army's had tried to stop the spread there would be dead everywhere guns everywhere not a lot of ammo cause they shot it all, and air drops that just contain bullets and medical supplies,  make it fun for people who don't want run for hours see a person game freezes then they kill you , boring game that !  ps fix the bug when you spawn very buliding is invisible cause server hoppers love exsploting that,  it got me loads of times 

The inventory feels very clunky and unintuitive. I'm not able to open up the game right now so I can't get as detailed as I'd like, but I'll try to remember what I can.

- You should be able to press 'x' to equip an item regardless of whether or not there is already an item in that slot.

- The text size of context options (can't think of what else to call them) in the inventory change depending on the item/slot you currently have selected, which is confusing and sometimes hard to read.

- Combining items should be easier and not require you to close the inventory (by pressing 'b')

-  The inventory could use a visual overhaul to better differentiate the different sections of the inventory, and honestly in my opinion just for the sake of looking a lot better and cleaner.

- Moving items should be way easier and more intuitive. Right now you just hold down 'a' and hope you have the item selected, and that it's actually being moved. Half of the time, for whatever reason, it doesn't even seem to work, though that's probably my fault.

- Item context menus. There should be an item context menu you could pull up on any given item, with options like "Move", "drop", "equip", "combine", "Equip to [compatible weapon]" etc. There are certain actions that would be better delegated to a context menu like this, rather than wasting an entire button on them. Not to mention, this would just make doing certain actions a lot easier anyway.

- The quick select menu could use some improvement. If I remember correctly, it can be a little overly difficult to select a weapon on the left side of the wheel. I think the problem was that you had to press 'a' to actually pull out the weapon/item, but in my opinion it would be a lot easier if it just required you let go of the quick select button once the desired item/weapon is highlighted.

- I was having a problem where if I tried to put an item in my hand while I had a crowbar already equipped, the crowbar would go into my inventory rather than the melee slot that it was in previously. I really wish the weapon equip slots were a lot more reliable to deal with. 

- I wish it was easier to put items away. Like rather than having to open the inventory, switching to the middle panel, and pressing 'y' to send the item to the inventory that I could just press some button in-game to free my hands of the item.

That's all I can think of at the moment. My main gripes were with the inventory, but the current melee system is a close second. As it's 3:40 AM for me at the moment though, I'm not going to go into that, as I'm sure plenty of people have already given their feedback on it anyway.

Thanks for all you do and your hard work, I look forward to what you guys have planned for the future!

EDIT:  Something else I just remembered, I love the way you guys implemented the map into the game (finally haha), but it is very laggy and difficult to use on Xbox. A fix for that would be much appreciated!

Edited by SCMNomad
  • Beans 1

Hi, I hope you don't mind suggestions first! There's a detailed bug report further down but i do hope you have the time to read mine and my followers suggestions for DayZ! 

base building-- we could do with some more types of materials and a larger variety of structures to choose from? Perhaps you could add more craftable and buildable structures? (For example a light/Lampost that requires a car or truck battery and some wire and a lightbulb to run the light all attached to a Wooden log like a lampost/telegraph pole in IRL?) an even better and wanted by a large party I ply and stream with would be different buildable 'houses' just like the watchtower we would like something with 4 walls, a door, some windows perhaps and a roof like a nice house to place chests in, but maybe with several variations that each take more materials to build depending on which size you choose you're wanting to build inside your base.

Base Building-- craftable chests either with the ability to craft at different levels but the higher levels requiring more materials but being more rewarding with slot space. (Suggestion for slot amounts with 50 slots, 100 slots, 150 slots and 200 slots) if you wish for ideas as to what materials that could be used that my followers have suggested I have written lists of options that I myself think would work amazingly. 

Guns-- add a wider variety of weapons to choose from? Be it small side arms, all the way up to base destroying (but ultra-rare spawn) Grenade or rocket launchers? The time period of the map is correct for these items. Obviously those two weapons aren't my main choice they're an example. More obvious choices would be easier to find pistols with a bit more to them say Full-Auto but smaller 7-13 round magazines? (The G18C would be a good choice for a full-auto pistol) the game could do with a wider variety of full-auto machine guns/automatic rifles, the game is set in Russia way past the time period of the birth of guns like the AK-47, The Ak-47u submachine gun, The Tommy Gun, The Sten 46, The Lewis Gun and more. 

The game could also use some more rifles- the time zone and map setting would make the German post ww2 Stormgewher family of rifles a good and very unique choice to bring into the game. The M4-A1 Carbine would also be a good choice. These don't need to have the ability to add high zoom scopes as we have 3 high zoom scopes guns currently being the VSD SVD & MOSIN or so my followers have mentioned. Also maybe give us the chance to find 12x scopes or higher zooming scopes because we have such a long distance rendering view but the scopes don't make use of it. 

Clothing items for players-- A helmet with a slot for the head torch would be a nice addition, be it a miners helmet or a military helmet.

wooly gloves of multiple colours for decorative purposes 

Sandles for our characters to help with overheating 

some Urban Camouflage Military Clothing for those players that enjoy the city hustle and bustle. 

Also bug bug report here:

-- when you place barrels close together and have them open,  I'd say anything within the width of 1 player to about 5 player bodies (bit of an odd measurement I know!) the game will either severely lose FPS or Lag (with a sound glitch where the wind is very loud but breaks up like it comes through the speakers in waves) more often than FPS loss you will crash. 

-- once opened, depending upon the placement, barrels can not be closed. They remain open constantly causing lag spikes and crashing if you open the player inventory nearby or open another barrel or Sea Chest. 

-- Zombies have been glitching through walls, doors and ceilings (if they've been lured into an upstairs area) 

-- on some servers Me and my stream viewers have come across Zombies that are 'invincible'. they can take anything up to an entire magazine from an M4-A1 to kill even if all shots are direct hits (causing blood splats) anywhere on their body and more often than not they become crawlers  

-- some crawling zombies crawl as fast and standing zombies can run, but their crawling animation is also sped up. 

--zombies can sometimes agro to players through walls and from obsurd distances, whilst player is creeping, running or sometimes even standing still. 

--sometimes the ATOG Scope, PSO-1 scope and PU-Scope take a long time to load or don't load at all. The only fix is to unequip and re-equip the scopes (this is not ideal during unexpected combat) 

--servers will boot most (if not all) players from game showing "no message received in 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 seconds" with no warning and during the count up you're unable to access or change anything.

game crashes when opening barrel and tent inventory, 

*cant fill fuel cans with water, option is shown tho, seriously hampering my pumpkin productivity

can’t empty fuel cans unless with bottle or canteen, do you know how long that takes!! Then finding out the above *

gas stove turn on sound randomly heard when in backpack, making me think I may burst into flames at any moment.

The amount of grown food that has to be eaten to stop hunger Is HUGE. Surprised vegans haven’t roasted your tactical bacon for that 

Bow and arrow please please please 

most other things have been covered by other players 

1. There has to be something implemented to stop people server hopping into bases or ghosting .( Leaving the server during a gunfight and moving position on another server and then joining back in a favorable position)

2. The enenmy can literally walk up to a base and take the combination lock off a gate.

3. Ductape and other repair items randomly vanish even after just one use 

4. Changing the quick reload to the X button would be a lot better because as of now it shares the Y button with the action of cycling through the quick slot items . So sometimes it will reload and sometimes it will switch weapons which can be vital during combat !

5. Manually selecting an item from the quick slot is quite uncomfortable on controller as we normally use our thumb for both the right analog and the button A . Both these must be used at the same time for this action therefore we have to use our index finger to press A which is quite awkward !

6. While in the inventory of a tent thats got a decent amount in it, when you try to go down through the loot the inventory keeps jumping from the top to the bottom each time you press down on the dpad to scroll through.

I'd like to add I love this game but no. 1 and 2 on list are game breaking which is a real shame !

Edited by Jamesmagsman
  • Like 1