Bases and stashes getting deleted

When trying to move item to hand you first need to equip weapon to back

WOULD LIKE/NEED

Increase dead player despawn time to 1hr

Clothes and supressor durability increase

Actual player numbers in server list

Customizable controller layout 

Green spray paint

If you we're last using your scope on your gun then next time you ads you use your scope untill you switch back to iron sights

Togglable hot bar so you don't have to stop moving to switch item/weapon

Togglable free look

RB while running only zooms

Make helmets keep you from being knocked out

Why do knives kill zombies faster than axes?

Would love to see my baby the best rifle ever the VSS Vintores!!!!!

SIDE NOTE

Please keep duplicating in until you fix the base/stash wiping/fps/freezing that causes most of the player grief/death

Edited by KILLER GHST
Added increased despawn time for dead players and increased durability to clothes and supressors

The aks and m4s don’t spawn should be hard to find and I’m glad they do that I hope they go back to the old way where aks are found in bareks and m4s are super rare it will be better once they add the rest of the guns

• Like 1

Hello BI! I wanted to start by saying thank you for opening up this forum. We all want this game to improve :). I would like just to make a quick list, although i'm sure everything has been said already.

Controls - After playing Arma, I was actually impressed about the depth of the controls. They were very intuitive and effiecient. I know controllers are more limited however, but I would suggest you all look at Player Unknowns Battle Grounds, and look at how they utilize the controller. They have almost all of the things DayZ needs already implemented and i'm sure with some tweaks it could fit the game well.

Single Hive Servers - I understand this is on the list, hopefully. But it would give us the authentic DayZ experience and prevent rapid server hopping, ghosting, and combat logging and base viability. 

Bases - I do believe part of the reason for this awful FPS issue is bases, along with increased loot spawns and zombie spawns. I want to say, if the game can't handle certain features yet, remove them. It'll cause backlash, but the game can literally be unplayable. Getting a consistent 3-10 fps on a high pop city causes so much frustration and unfair deaths.

Night time - The new nighttime scope is really nice, but maybe increase night times length, or tell us why it was reduced please :p - I may have missed the reason if you already gave one.

LAND MINES!! - I cannot stress how fun these are. But they are absolutely ruining the game, for not so obvious reasons. The kill radius is not only ridiculously large, it goes through walls. This, combined with duping, and combat ghosting results in players having the power of God almost. I cannot stress how many times my group has been explicitly threatened by another player saying they are going to go on their other account, get a duplicated landmine, and ghost it on our base. It has caused many unfair deaths and this item NEEDS to be fixed or removed until so.

Loot cycling - This issue is just now starting. For the first time I am seeing piles of loot being out outside of areas to force spawns. Not an extreme issue, but be aware.

Hit Registration - This issue has been persistent since launch, and forces players to learn the hard way which guns actually work. M4s in Full auto mode were most recently plauged by hit reg issues. Please be aware as we report future issues so we can enjoy every weapon :) 

Repair Items - Duct tape, weapon repair kits, etc. They are very buggy. On occasion repairing a damaged shirt or supressor will cause the repairing item to either fully dissapear regaurdless of durability, or sometimes works as normal. 

Sickness!! - I do not know if being sick and never being able to cure it is a feature or a bug. But I have gone multiple hours being sick and using medical supplies and vitamins to try and stop it. Death is the only cure however. I would appreciate a fix or at least clarification of that being the intended way it works.

Clothing - The buggy side of it - Zombies attacking players almost always ruins the pants first, despite getting hit in another area. And sorry to indulge, but this is more of a request. Clothing ruins way to easily, along with backpacks. I know the negative effect is mostly visual, but I was sort of hoping our backpacks and clothes could get a buff to their durability from zombies and gunfire :) 

Sound!! - Sound has been awful. The game often goes dead silent, then the audio catches up and you get a flurry of all the audio like footsteps and such. Wind is very buggy and pops in randomly. Gunshots do not always make noise for the user shooting / others. Zombies sometimes do not make noise when screaming when aggroed. Suppressors even when ruined still work until removed (I do not know if this is a feature). 

Zombies!! - Zombies are VERY deadly but for silly reasons. The aggro range of infected while crouched is almost touching distance, but when standing or running zombies aggro from VERY far away. And zombies have been very buggy, either not being effected by bullets, taking double the melee hits to kill, walking through objects and teleporting. Also, it seems even supressed gunfire will still attract every zombie in the city, and shooting them just spawns more nearby already aggroed. Very hard to deal with and very deadly. Please fix :) 

*EDIT 1 of 2* Zombies will chase you for extreme distances, even when breaking line of sight multiple times, and they can aggro through walls, like at VMC. 

Micro management - Personally does not bother me, but you cannot micro manage items upwards in your inventory, you must cycle down. 

Visual - Textures can take lots of time to load in, and often won't stay loaded, resulting in walking through a town and zombies / buildings not being rendered fully. I wish I had a picture ready but i'm sure others do. Also, sometimes when you are not in your inventory, the description of an item like you were hovering over it will appear and dissapear, as well as switch. I do not know what causes it however.

Helicopter Crash Sites - Once I was approaching a site, it dissapeared 20 feet in front of me. I found another site, I was able to take one item, I walked away to check on a nearby building, I came back and it was gone. Very silly to me.

Doors - Sometimes the option to open a door does not appear or is very limited to where you have to look at the door to open it. Seems random, but it makes it so you have to look at a very specific spot to open it. 

Buried Stashes - They delete after every game update. I do not know if this is intended, or fixable, but just so ya know. 

Bases / Tents / Barrels - I do not know if you already mentioned this, but built bases and tents will actually randomly delete themselves. Seems to be after resets and crashes. Me and my friends were hanging out in our base, the server reset, we came back and it was all gone, walls tents and all. This has been happening to many and I assume it is random.

Camo Netting - Tents can be very laggy due to the many items, but it seems camo netting equipped on the tent makes it much worse. Maybe due to the 3D spinning model, but I do not know for certain. 

Stamina- When your stamina is low enough to where you cant sprint or jump, dropping items and allowing it to refill / picking your items back up will allow you to sprint and jump normally till the stamina drains. 

The Dreaded Meatball Glitch - We mentioned this bug before, and the fix that was implemented was that as long as you are not bleeding you can not use bandages. But the glitch is still very possible to do, and my friend told me as long as you have an item in your hand you will stay in the glitched state. Please fix again :)

Ladders - Can not slide down them, or fast climb up, player will desync with the ladder and get flung off upon exiting. Hands and feet will slowly move away from rungs while climbing.

Graphics - Carrying objects like car parts and others will warp your arms into a buggy state, very minor but just a heads up.

Trees / Bushes - Dropping any item too close to a tree or bush results in the item being stuck too high in it, you have to then cut the tree or bush down to get yout stuff back.

Stun Locking - Punching players with just fists can result in a player being able to stun another player nonstop until death. This makes fresh spawns deadly, even a full geared player with weapons can easily die if a fresh spawn can punch them enough since they cannot fight back, it is honestly silly and unfair to an extent, but if that is an intended feature so be it. 

Vicinity Loot - Sometimes dropping items makes it so you cannot pick them back up, you have to back out of your inventory, walk away, come back and attempt to pick them up again. Sometimes takes multiple tries for it to work.

Shotguns - Last time I used a shotgun, slug rounds worked like buckshot. Small bug, this was pre update a week or two ago. But heads up.

Morphine - I have heard mixed things , I know it is for broken bones. But players swear it can be used to heal faster. I have not noticed any use personally, could be something to check. 

Combination Locks - These locks seem to not work, you cannot lock any gates currently. I do not know what the issue is. 

Cars - Although not a big issue, cars seem clunky and unresponsive. Not a priority however.

Lockpicks - Can be used when ruined. A few items like water containers can be.

This is all I can think of for now, i'm sure I missed some things. I truly hope you take the time to read this and are able to find some helpful insight :). Please let me know!

Thank you all for making this game, it is one of a kind and loved by many. I know people hate, but it really is because they want the game to be better, they love it and want it to do well. And even if they are too angry to offer reasonable criticism, the passion is still there. Good luck with the future, and we hope both platforms can prosper. 

*EDIT 2 of 2* The water pipes!!! This is rather specific. But do you know the big, rusted grey water pipes that you can find in the swamp near Komarovo, and in the western side of the airfield? They seem to be not there in a way. At the North West Air Field, while getting chased by many zombies, I have had to jump over these big pipes, but zombies can walk straight through them. And while walking on these pipes near Kamarovo in the marsh, I noticed that my players footsteps were sounding like I was walking in the water even though I was on the pipe. I do not know why they are how are, or why zombies can go straight through them. But for the sake of NWAF, please make the zombies have to climb over em :) Thank you again.

Edited by Its Extra Moist
Edits to include zombie chase distance and water pipeline bugs.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Dick Dan said:

i agree on this too my friends and i absolutely hate when this happens, specially when you're trying to run up to someone and you trying using zoom as you're running to them to make sure them aren't about to gun you down..... just makes it seem like you were about to try to fight them, you know just sends a bad message... thanks

Just a heads up, you have to zoom using RB and then sprint. This is a quick fix but I agree it should be worked on.

Also can you guys please add back in getting knocked unconscious ik it’s in but I think it should happen more for better interactions 

12 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Please be a bit more specific what issues you have with the inventory.

He's talking about micro manager isues, and that it takes forever to loot in Xbox

I think you should take some tips from PUBG's type b controle and sensitivity settings. Its a more comfortable controler layout for console I feel and it covers holding breath and leaning. Also, one problem with the inventory is moving items around to where you want them. A drag and drop system would be nice. Thanks :)

I think the main thing holding the game back right is definitely the inventory.  Managing items takes lots of time and is very difficult to get the hang of sometimes it doesn’t even work(selecting/moving)  Also when you open the inventory to a  barrel the FPS drop drastically. Looking at games like PUBG Inventory and trying to mimic something like that would take this game to where it should be.  

Thanks.

DayZ on Xbox isn’t isn’t at its best at the moment. I’d say the glaring issues for us is the frame rate; especially in cities. Not sure if you’ve optimized the game to its fullest but it’d make the game playable again if it were fixed. I have an Xbox one x and whenever I go into any town or city no matter the size my frames immediately plummet. I can’t imagine what the normal Xbox one players are going though. Thx and love ya guys!

So I'm in the Army and DayZ on Arma 2 was one of my deciding factors for enlisting because I love the realism of the game. However, on that note, I know it won't be easy and would take some updates to perfect but what I would love to see is weight reduction over time. I.E. something similar to the beard growth inthe game and I feel it would improve the soft skills already in the game. Now I say because if you're carring a backpack full of stuff and are wearing a ballistic vest, your stamina in game in almost maxed out. For example, I wear body armor and carry a 40+ pound ruck sack often and can honestly say that over time, you get used to carring that weight. But you guys are the devs and I love the game how it is but that's just my 2 cents on it. 

Mouse and Keyboard support would be great...hitting RB to zoom while running is throwing punches...delay in  loading of frames while aiming down the sight through scopes...fps is a major issue in groups in large towns...holding breath would be a great addition...also custom control mapping would be nice...hair and clothing clipping needs work (hair sticking through hats) bags and vests blending or clipping through eachother

Change in weather causes a massive server freeze. When the wind picks up/dies down it freezes the game for a few seconds.

Considering the frame drops and random lag spikes how about giving the cars a buff so when they do hit something they're not instantly ruined. Right now it's impossible to drive more than 5 minutes without a lag spike and more often than not the car gets pulled off road and it's finished.

Private servers should be a priority. 

Lock players to a server, so you can't hop or ghost in battles and bases. Also check pulse needs to be added :)

1 hour ago, iodin said:

the performance issues in towns should be a priority but other than that, the ability to stop people server hopping/spawning into our bases(maybe a different character every server), better inventory management options e.g. transfer all (even if you add an animation for it) automatically stack stackable items and that's all I can think of or would like at the moment thanks.

Lock characters to servers. One per server

Most of the stuff in here I completely agree with! However, one thing I’d LOVE to see come in ASAP is private servers!!! 

I played 0.62 on pc, and I LOVED the RP when playing dayz. On Xbox version, RP is something people attempt to do, but always get people that ruin it and there is no policing the rules the RP players are trying to implement. RP is what makes this game so much more fun!! 

The FPS is an issue. I’m on the one X, so it’s not too much of an issue but can be sometimes in the major locations like elektro and cherno, but I can imagine original Xbox players are suffering majorly with this. 

Plus id love to see some more guns added, and the extended mags, and being able to tape 2 mags together, little details you used to have are absolutely amazing, and I look forward to seeing that various options you’ll be bringing in, if it be weapons from 0.62 or beyond, or if you chose completely new weapons in too. 

Great work dev team! Literally love your game! So damn addictive! I’ve already got 800+ hours on the Xbox version already ?

Please consider adding a fast way to take off the back pack. It can make gun fights more intense having to drop a bag full of food and extra weight. Just don't do what you did with dropping items with holding X down. I have dropped so many good guns with that. Especially on ladders. Just add something where you spam the down button on the directional pad twice and hit RT to drop hand and LT to drop back pack.

So when will we see more guns added? Like the B95/ak101/SKS/Winchester/VSS/FN FAL/AK74/AKS74U/AUG/EXT. Cause for 0.63 on PC all the guns I mentioned and a lot more got taken out and weren't even ever out for xbox. So will the guns be eventually added back? And if so when?

Edited by grannies house

How long for the ps4 release? A lot of us want to know and are excited.

Edited by Kokyy

-More flexible tent placement. (Like putting them on slopes.

-Free look sensitivity too slow.

-Instead of only having camo net for tents make it so where we can just cover it with bushes (Improvised camo net).

-I believe sound is very important in this game. Their should be an option to not open doors so violently. I can't snoop around a town without alerting everything within 2 city blocks that I just opened a door, or hear me eating through floors, walls, and buildings ... or being the loudest gulp drinker in the world ... Or chewing with my mouth so open that you can hear my tongue move around my mouth..... Or when your loading magazines and it sounds like your setting off firecrackers with the last round being loaded a actual tnt bobcat firework.... Listen all I'm saying is that their is adjustments to be made.

-xbox live party chat disable option/ servers.

- ATV's, bicycles, ( For a more simpler form of transportation)

- make shift- atog, pu scopes kobra sights ECT. (For the people who don't want to risk going to military occupations) they wouldn't be as good but way better than using iron sights.

-poison arrow?

-English map/translation option. As well as other languages

-Team System / Team locator device?.. ( Will be able to see location of team on UI. This does not mean their would be friendly fire. It would be a item in game you must acquire first and agree to keep it on you with another friend/random person.

-LED Flash Light (Much Smaller, More Brighter.)

- Smaller Shovel

-Rock throwing.

- Jet packs and thrusters .... Jk

-Money and Shop System??

- Purposeful Missions and rewards?

-Video cameras and tapes?

-Chainsaw

-Nail Gun

- Improvised Ghillie Suit (Can be easily obtained, not as good)

-Zooming

-Handheld Corner Mirror. (To see corners before entering a room. Useful in HC)( First Person)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Also fix landmines plz there hit radius is huge and because duplicating items is a thing I've had times where I spawn in at a coastal town and there are landmines blocking every single door to every building and all u can here is constant explosions 

• Like 1

I think the mine range when it detonates is too far. I would like to place them around a base but the range on them are too long witch makes it difficult.